Your best friend joins a bat shit insane cult, What do you do?

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Cheery Lunatic said:
This sounds like a Veronica Mars episode...

OT: I'd bitchslap 'em. That always works.
I thought so too..

That show was awesome...

OT; slap their shit hard

then go about my business

the rye

Jun 26, 2010
Dirzzit said:
Of course you dont want to be left out! join up, I hear they give you free sacrificial lambs
Any cult that gives out free lambs clearly knows the path to truth, after all lambs taste awesome. mmmmm lamb.

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
Honestly, just keep in constant contact with your friend. As long as they know that they have someone on the outside to crash with, they will be more likely to act on any second thoughts. Most join cults because they like the ideology, or because the world is too bleak to deal with.

The best you can do is to remind your friend that they have someone on the outside.

Thebiggestpanda

Nov 18, 2009
Call their parents and the police. Then abduct your friend and send them to a deprogramming facility in southern phoenix. Hope they can assimilate back into society at some point or another.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Make him watch a montage of videos for 24 hours. That'll fix him!

Freethinker101

Sep 19, 2010
Simply cults lure their crowd of unsuspected people into their gang... So stop this person any means how, simply telling him its wrong, phoning the police, or simply doing an intervention. But why ask this? If its your friend let him do whatever he pleases, but if it gets out of hand get help. If all else fails join said group, then tell the cops of it known location...

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
ElTigreSantiago said:
I would slowly start to ignore him so he doesn't kill me.
but what if he gets pissed off with you because you ignore him then he might have a reason to do something.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Have him give his stuff to my family, "join" with him and bring in the police to take them out before he does something stupid.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Start sharpening my sword, and buy a katana and sharpen that.

This could get ugly. No one brainwashes my friends.
HeySeansOnline said:
Go in there with nothing but a Master Sword replica and my wits and break him the hell out.
Bonus points for a Link costume. I have one I can use too.

Kratenser

Sep 18, 2010
Find our why they joined it in the first place. Cults can appeal to lonely or misdirected people, so try and work out why they felt the need to join the cult. If you can, help them with whatever it is they felt they needed that they could get in said cult, cuz it sounds like your friend is heading into trouble.