Your best friend joins a bat shit insane cult, What do you do?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Call the cops. And if that fails, take a very quick course at self-defense or martial arts, get in their headquarters and get your friend the hell outta there.

Sparkytheyetti

Jul 24, 2009
Me and my best friend are awaiting the zombie apocalypse. We continiously train, buy firearms, ammo, the essentials, etc. We hope that it will happen before were thirty. Otherwise it dosent get much worse than that. BTW ive only read World War Z once.

Ulfrick

Oct 14, 2010
Gently remind him that he still owes me his dues for the month... oh and that i'm going to be needing his house for the next cult meeting... and he's okay with me using his daughter as a virgin sacrifice right??? great, okay next on the agenda who's bringing cookies next week?

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Depends on the cult really. Something relatively harmless is fine, suicide cult/steal your stuff cult will get me stomping on his door and deprogramming him ASAP.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
well considering the way people get roped into cults is the person recruiting tries to relate to you, puts you down and then says that their group can help with your depression or whatever.\So if someone who you do not know asks you how are things in your life? and how one person can tell you all the mysteries of life. just run. moonies are a scary group.

also any group that tells you that you can not tell you that you can't sleep, eat, contact family members and/or tells you to stop taking your medication( if you do take any)
you should just run.

also my friends are not retarded and i have told them the facts. considering i am in a cults class. I know what i am talking about.

unit5016

Sep 13, 2010
This is sorta the same with my mother, she just recently told me that some idiot friend called her one night about how some show explained that Dec, 21, 2012 will happen and the world will end. So she is now starting to stockpile supplies cause supposedly all the volcanoes will erupt on Earth, the crops will die, and the sun will change color or something. It would be easy if she wasn't my mother and she will think I'm just being a rebel teen. :(

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Try and convince them that heaven isn't on Jupiter and you can't ride a comet to get there.

If they won't listen to such ironclad reasoning then I guess I'll just ask them if I can keep their stuff.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Beat the crazy with MORE crazy!

"SUICIDE cult? Why not join my brand new "Pie's-n'-Bacon" Cult?"

Argument = Won.

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Let them die...and then find the person that took all their stuff and MURDER HIM.
And then take all of HIS stuff, which is likely everyone else's too.

OT: I'd probably try to find out why he joined the cult and try to talk him out of it.

Joe Myers

Classiest Kid
Oct 25, 2010
Being a social psychology student, the concept of cults and conformity is something I find fascinating. Honestly, the very worst thing to do would be to just up and write them off as loony and sever ties. One of the best ways to initiate this sort of conformity is to try and separate a potential member from his or her former life, so making the effort to stay in their life, even if it kinda irritates them a little, is probably the best thing you could do.

Or do what some of my family did one year when a friend was being belligerent and tie the dude to a tree and leave him there for a little bit until he gets his head on straight. (Yay hillbillies.)

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Go to a few meetings. On the night of the 'suicide' thing, bring a cloth and some chloroform. When my friend isn't looking, knock him out, pretend he drank, then pretend to drink myself.

Watch everyone else die, get friend out of there. Friend lives, crazy cult people gone.