Your childhood game!

Disturbed-Hell

Shas'la
Mar 18, 2010
I used to play the Exile and Digimon World series when I was younger... Still dreaming of having the Exile universe recreated in a skyrim mod. *sigh*
Zhukov said:
I guess that would be the Exile series. (Escape from the Pit, Crystal Souls and Ruined World.)

In retrospect they were kind of crap though.

I don't suppose anyone else played them...
Hoooollleeey shit, someone else that knows about the exile series!

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Oh Paper Mario you never left my N64 until it broke and still you grace my memoir box nestled between my high school diploma and my bag of illegalness.

I wonder when they'll release a third part to your story? The lie that is Super Paper Mario shall not disgrace your memory my old friend.

Maybe Conker's Bad Fur Day. I love that foul mouthed english ****. :D

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid tie for me. CT has a great story, Super Metroid was great to explore.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Honestly? From the Age of three upwards I was obsessed with Civilization. Civ Net for the most part, though I did play a bit of vanilla Civ. Civ III I mostly ignored, but moved onto Civ IV and I love it. Civ V I'm treating the same as Civ III and ignoring it.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
I really got into games with AoE and AoEII. The Barbarossa campaign is funny in the way that they try to make an arse into a saint.

Pikka Bird

Mar 9, 2008
ectoplasmicz said:
Burnout 3: Takedown
...some of you guys are making me feel ancient. For me it was Donald Duck's Playground, then Turrican II several years later.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
My childhood games would be:

007 Nightfire
http://www.nintendospin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/james-bond-007-nightfire-image1.jpg
I am a HUGE James Bond fan and this must have been the first game me and my brother bought ourselves for my PS2. We probably put a similar amount of time into Everything or Nothing as well :D

The other childhood game would have to be GTA 3. I was probaly about 7 or 8 at the time and my Dad had borrowed it. I didn't care about the story, I was happy to just drive around jumping my car off stuff. And no, it hasn't turned me into a serial killer :D

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'm not really sure. My 'childhood' was the PS1 era and then I got a PS2 at age 11 when I went into high school which is still kinda my childhood.

Actually, never mind, it's Ape Escape and Pokémon Blue, two games I spent months and months playing over and over again.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
SamFancyPants252 said:
Jak and Daxter trilogy, what a top set of games.
That and ratchet and clank were the best in their prime :D
Edit: And all the original pokemon games g1-g3

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
I always think of the dizzy collection and bubble bobble on the C64 for my childhood gaming but I suppose the ones that I first started spending stupid amounts of time on were Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3 and Street Fighter II (probably spent most time on turbo edition).

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
For me it was the first five Sonic the Hedgehog games (Sonic 1, 2, CD, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3). I played those games to death but I honestly can't remember ever getting the good ending.

I own the first game and recently bought Sonic 2 so maybe it's time to relive some of those childhood memories.

Dec 14, 2009
Vault101 said:
Bubsy...

"what could possibly go wrong"

ahhh bubsy...such infamous words
I don't know. Maybe this?

OT: Sonic the Hedgehog. First video game I ever had, and I still go back to it, all these years later.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
This. I could crank quarters into this machine for hours. Or could have if I ever had enough quarters.

MaiFlow

May 4, 2011
When I did my first steps insto the world of gaming, I had no english skills, seeing as us born outside of english speaking countries don`t learn it before we hit tha age of 8-9, at least where I come from, so I really only had fancy music and explosions to judge with

I mostly played whatever games my big brother had, but I never made it far, and since I couldn`t understand anything, I usually never even finished the first level XD

Alltough my favorite game of all time has to be Ape Escape (the original). Not only was it the first game I ever finished, I just loved the graphics and gameplay, and even if I couldn`t read all the obvious hints and had to figure out everything by trial and error -even the tutorials- I enjoyed it, and it would be a great nostalgia shock to play it again.

On second place I would put Spyro 2, I never liked the original, but I loved the way the sequel played out, and I enjoyed the games that followed, that is, untill Insomniac sold the awesome little dragon and had him end up in a hack`n slash game =(.

Thereafter come the 3 first Ratchet and Clank games, and I have cleared them completely... Twice now.

Well, I guess this is big enough of a wall for my childhood, hope you guys cared enough to read it all the way trough. :D

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Vault101 said:
Bubsy...

"what could possibly go wrong"

ahhh bubsy...such infamous words
I don't know. Maybe this?

OT: Sonic the Hedgehog. First video game I ever had, and I still go back to it, all these years later.
GAAAAAHH!! kill it!! KILL IT!

we should have had him put down..before it was too [i/]late!![/i]

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Let's see, there's my first shooter game Battlefield 1942 at the age of 9. I played only with bots, but I got the basic FPS concepts: aim reticule and fire, driving vehicles, capturing control points, etc. Later, I got both of the Star Wars Battlefront games, and hell was I addicted.

My Dad was the one who introduced me to strategy games, specifically Rise of Nations (age 9) and Command and Conquer: Generals (age 10). The former was the game that got me into basic strategy while the latter was what I considered back then to be action-movie material (Though I was a bit peeved when I had to blow up the convention center of my own city during the second China mission. Jebus, did the EA guys even see the size of that building in real life? You can't just pour napalm or shoot tank shells at it; it makes no freaking sense. Then again, in hindsight the whole game was absurd.)

My Dad also let me play Company of Heroes at age 12. It's still on my computer.