Your current book...

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
spartan231490 said:
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.
Difinitely good books, but honestly, I can't stand the ending.
Sad and a cliff-hanger. She dies and the high king hasn't even really become the high king yet.
I know. If I could forget the whole book and read it again though I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I also believe that in one of the interviews in the back of the books he said that me might do more books in that universe.

TheLazyKnight

Jul 4, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
Just wondering what all the Escapists are currently reading... pretty simple right?

So, what book are you currently reading? Is it good? Would you suggest it?

For me, I'm reading "Red Harvest" by Joe Schreiber...

3 words... Star Wars Zombies...

I suggest it!
I'm actually reading Death Troopers right now. It's okay. Better than the regular Star Wars books.

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
I am reading Eragon very good book. thankfully it is nothing like that dreadful movie that came out, (never judge a book by it's movie).

shwnbob

May 16, 2009
Just finished The Dark Tower series by Stephen King and now have to read a book for school, How the Other Half Lives by Jacob Riis. Then I have to write a book review about it, joy. But then I'm back to reading more Stephen King books.

Sumtaedium

Jun 10, 2010
Just finished I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak earlier this week. Loved it, would recommend it even though I felt the ending was cheesy, but I still loved the characters, premise, and of course plot.

Jerej

Jan 6, 2011
Dimensional Vortex said:
Mr.Mattress said:
I hate other people's Fiction, but right now I am being forced to read "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Slinger for English.

... And I don't like it so far... The guy in the book is such a jerk.
YES! Another person gets it!
This is the post that made me stop lurking and arsed me into posting something. Continue reading it and you'll get it that Holden is not a jerk, just out of touch from our concept of reality and it's norms. Books, movies, games, and all art really, is not only about liking the character, the setting, the period it was made in and stuff like that, it's about the message it's conveying, what that piece of art is trying to tell you by the characters, setting, period, motifs and style the author is using, all these things together try to pass on to you, the reader, a message, or an emotion, or jsut something. And that's all what most of the art's about. I'm not gonna get into l'art pour l'art right now. All in all Salinger is widely praised as a notable writer and for laying out some interesting ideas on the "scene" in his time, and in my opinion it is justified.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I'm reading Demons by Dostoyevsky, and I'm almost done with it, thank god. Not that I don't like it, the story is really interesting, but there's so much back story to everything that I've gotten lost a few times.
A lot of people have that problem with Dostojevkski and realism in general. The point of all these back stories is in immersion and conveying all possible sides to the story there are, so as to remain objective as much as possible. French realists did this much better (with Tolstojs ridiculously long sagas being an exception) than the Russians or Ukrainians, because Russian realism (and Ukrainian with Gogolj) didn't really buy in to the whole objective thing, but instead took the concept and used it to try and create surreal immersion and deliver a ton of ideas and messages without you even noticing it.

With my rant done all I have left to add is that I'm reading Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami and it's damn interesting.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I'm currently reading 1984 which is awesome. After I'm finished I just got Mogworld in the mail...

axis5

Jan 17, 2011
I'm around 300ish pages into The Reality Dysfunction by Peter F. Hamilton. I was also simultanously reading The Path of Daggers (the 8th Wheel of Time book), but my dog decided it would be a good idea to chew it up...

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Such is the nature of not having time to read for pleasure that my answer to this question is Intermediate Accounting, 6th Edition. Life loves to get in the way of a good time.

Not George Carlin

Jan 11, 2011
The Collector by John Fowels and Black Christmas by Louis Black. (I ordered 'When will Jesus Bring the Porkchops' but this came instead.)

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.
I love you. Back when I picked up that series, nobody knew what it was. Now, it is everywhere.

You know, he said he may write a fourth one, and he sold the rights for a movie.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
I'm reading Atonement bby that guy that wrote Atonement. I have to read it for my degree but it's actually really damn awesome and not just for girls like the movie.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I just finished Mogworld (amazing book btw, Yahtzee outdid himself), and now I have decided to read LOTR in its entirety. I've already read the hobbit, which was awesome.