Your Current Minecraft Project?

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
aegix drakan said:
I recently began a new world (try the seed "love". It's pretty darn awesome. giant desert, and awesome cliff formations), so I'm making my first main base right now.

Which is a huge wooden house by a bay. With two levels of basement, a large main floor, guest house and an upper story bedroom.

Currently, I have the main floor and the bottom basement (main crafting area) done.

And once I have enough cobblestone, I will make a giant bizzare castle in some weirdly shaped cliffs not too far away.

And whenever pistons are made, I will make my theif hideout in the nearby massive desert.

Internet Kraken said:
Prison.

The idea is to build a large complex with many cells, dark enough so that monsters can spawn in them. Of course, with the doors controlled by levers, they can't leave without me opening the cell for them. So I can just sit and laugh at the creepers as revenge for all the times they blew up my walls.
That looks like a dungeon I had planned for my castle (still planning. Need WAAAAAAY more cobblestone before I can do it. In fact I was originally gonna do that on my last world in a nether castle...that I never ended up making.
I used the Seed LOVE, must of heard it from you! It gave me a nice location to build my castle!

kemosabi4 said:
Dectomax said:
kemosabi4 said:
Dectomax said:
Just started Minecraft again. My latest project is an underground city, complete with bridges and walkways. Only 7 hours into it so far:

Very cool. Kinda reminds me of dwarven caverns from LOTR
I didn't even think of LOTR! You've just given me some very awesome ideas...Thank you! :D
I must sound like a LOTR nerd right now.

Not at all, I've read all the books and love the universe! I own quite a few of the other Fluff books!

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
This is what I'm currently working on. It's a lighthouse, btw. Still needs a few additions like an attached port and redstone doors if I can work them in.

Jan 27, 2011
Dectomax said:
I used the Seed LOVE, must of heard it from you! It gave me a nice location to build my castle!
Well, if you DID get it from me...

I'm glad I was able to
*puts on sunglasses*
Spread the love.

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

Also, you put "love" in all caps? ...huh. I tried that seed just now and the world is OK, but not nearly as messed up (and cool) as the one I got when I typed it in lowercase. Unless the spawn point is totally different for both of us.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
aegix drakan said:
Dectomax said:
Well, if you DID get it from me...

I'm glad I was able to
*puts on sunglasses*
Spread the love.

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

Also, you put "love" in all caps? ...huh. I tried that seed just now and the world is OK, but not nearly as messed up (and cool) as the one I got when I typed it in lowercase. Unless the spawn point is totally different for both of us.
I'm not quite sure now, it gave me a nice dessert area and an awesome little area to build around in the first few days. When I finally build my way back to the surface I'll be sure to take a quick video of the castle and spawn area too!

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
You know, I should really stop talking to other people about my Minecraft world. I was so proud of my little 2 story with the wall to wall carpeting... until I saw that dude's lighthouse.

Fuck this. Time to build an upside down cloud castle in the sky. Complete with rainbow bridge.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
well i recently had to reformat my hardrive and my awesome skyscraper was deleted
been trying to think of something new since then

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
Dectomax said:
Just started Minecraft again. My latest project is an underground city, complete with bridges and walkways. Only 7 hours into it so far:
How did you create the base under the water? I'm having some difficulty accomplishing it.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Portal Maniac said:
Blarg. Seeing some of everyone else's creations just make me saddened over my own skill.

As of right now, basically finding gold. Gotta find more so I can make shiny penises out of them.

So I'm totally going to be copying one person's project I saw here, the one with the GIGANTIC hole in the ground, as if it were a professional mining operation. I'll get that fucking gold that way, and probably some diamonds too >:D

But after that, I think I'll either make.......... a small town on the base of my mountain, or a sand castle. Both sound good, and I have plenty of cobblestone for the former.
Christ, I think it's........ 23 full stacks now? It's to the point where I just burn it when I get more.
You know a pit mine like that isn't a very efficient way to get diamonds or gold. Just build a horizontal shaft between layers 10 and 16 (the layer just above the top bedrock layer is layer 5 i believe) with regular 1x2 branches, say every three spaces along, to the left and right of the main shaft..

Also 23 stacks of cobble really isn't much, I have about half a dozen double chests of the stuff... Never know whenyou might need it for some big project you cook up... The only stuff I burn is worn out armour and obsolete tools, everything else is kept.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Currently, I'm making a castle running across a mountain range and cutting the top off another mountain to make a giant floating island on which I shall make a temple.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Giantpanda602 said:
Dectomax said:
How did you create the base under the water? I'm having some difficulty accomplishing it.
I found the easiest way to make it is to get a ton of wodden planks and dive under the sea with the best tools you have. After you've flattened the land on which you want to build, make the structure you want out of logs, then line it with glass. Finally, just light the logs on fire and watch it all burn away, to reveal a (hopefully) completely encased bubble.

It worked for me. Speaking of which, I just got finished on a under-sea greenhouse, with wheat crops and sugar cane crops, fueled by water that's naturally flowing from the outside in.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Giantpanda602 said:
Dectomax said:
The water came from a waterfall! So, it was just a case of glassing around it. It's not truly underwater as such.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
black_knight1337 said:
Suggestions?
Carve an upside down pyramid into the floor ( 64x64x64 ) and build up from there. Making many different levels, until it reaches the surface, then create a giant entrance hall resembling Khazad-dum from LOTR. It will be awesome.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Trying to build an airstrip, but my Minecraft crashed this morning because you can't pick up dropped Plane parts but I'm too lazy to update the .jar file.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
I recently started a new world and found a mountain with lava flowing down it. I promptly dug out a little home behind the cascading lava. My next goal is to build a huge skull around the stream, so that the lava is coming out the mouth and to have iron doors to control the lava flow.

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
well since i fell into a lava pit with all my iron tools, my project is to make more iron tools. and then...i can continue making my ottoman citadel, complete with mosque and great bombards

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
captaincabbage said:
I found the easiest way to make it is to get a ton of wodden planks and dive under the sea with the best tools you have. After you've flattened the land on which you want to build, make the structure you want out of logs, then line it with glass. Finally, just light the logs on fire and watch it all burn away, to reveal a (hopefully) completely encased bubble.

It worked for me. Speaking of which, I just got finished on a under-sea greenhouse, with wheat crops and sugar cane crops, fueled by water that's naturally flowing from the outside in.
Do you just outline the structure in wood before covering it in glass or do you have to make it solid?

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Giantpanda602 said:
captaincabbage said:

Do you just outline the structure in wood before covering it in glass or do you have to make it solid?
you do need to make it solid so you drain all the water inside it. Another good thing to do is make a smaller version out of dirt or sand, then cover the dirt structure with wood, then with glass. After that, you can just burn away the minimal amount of wood, and quickly dig up the centre without any danger of smashing a block of glass.

After the first two glass breaks I became very paranoid XD

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I'm making a massive square fortress. its boring, but I have barely an ounce of creative ability, so I make up for the lack of originality with sheer scale.