Your Current Minecraft Project?

the_deku_Nut

Jan 20, 2011
I'm currently building an underwater city with a tram system. There's a central dome that contains a miniature forest, with glass walkways to smaller structures branching out. There's an island that one of the glass tunnels leads up into, and atop that island I intend to build a new primary entrance to the facility. I've been learning how to play with some more advanced logic gates so that I can fully spec out defenses.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
just a plain old mineshaft at the moment as my 1st one ended up in a massive lava flow, cheating me out of any ore or caves I may of discovered.
Im also building a guard tower/lookout spot on top of my house so I can kill some creepers for their sulphur, along with a lava moat around my house.

I plan to make a greenhouse at some point too.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Well i have madea huge light house on a island then put a secret tunnel to the main land under the sea.To what is at the moment i am build a huge obsidian castle mansion.Already have a lava moat,a bath house,a viewing balcony with large corridor and a special secret room where i spawn and has a portal

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
A castle on the water.

Not that huge due to patience, water size and time. I'm building it on my friend's server, and since we're all admins we just use the /give command to summon everything.

Very fun.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
My current MineCraft project? Buy the damn game.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
Blarg. Seeing some of everyone else's creations just make me saddened over my own skill.

As of right now, basically finding gold. Gotta find more so I can make shiny penises out of them.

So I'm totally going to be copying one person's project I saw here, the one with the GIGANTIC hole in the ground, as if it were a professional mining operation. I'll get that fucking gold that way, and probably some diamonds too >:D

But after that, I think I'll either make.......... a small town on the base of my mountain, or a sand castle. Both sound good, and I have plenty of cobblestone for the former.
Christ, I think it's........ 23 full stacks now? It's to the point where I just burn it when I get more.

nothinghere

Aug 9, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Hemlet said:
I'm...probably going to shamelessly copy that because that looks and sounds brilliant. How will you deal with skeletons that spawn though? Won't they shoot through the half blocks?
Yes, skeletons shoot through the blocks because they are assholes and ruin everything. It's simple enough to kill them though if you move quickly. They can't chase you and have barely any room to work with so it's a simple thing to do.

The only way I could get the skeletons to not shoot you would be to redesign the prison to use blocks that obscure sight. This defeats the purpose of the prison though. You would have to use glass, which doesn't look very good for a prison. You also couldn't put a door in, as they can see and shoot through doors.

I'm not going to let some skeletons stop me from building it though.
I thinks skeletons spawn on cobble, so you might just be able to change the floor and maybe that will stop them, unless they changed the spawn habits

edit Theres a random monster spawn but for the most parts skeletons have a higher spawn rate on cobble

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I built a smallish underwater base, then a larger one not to far from the first. Then I built a glass tower on top of the larger one and now I am about halfway done making a large flat expanse at the top so I can build a fort untouchable by creepers. The expanse is like 200 or so blocks wide I kinda had to demolish the fields around me.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
I'm building an elavated walkway from my spawn point to the second level of my tower of ultimate doom.

Woah well that pales in comparison to the other projects............well I also plan on making a huge walkway wall from my tower of ultimate doom to the nearby mountain.........sort of a Hornburg type thing.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
I've considered making Orzammar from Dragon Age.

Dwarven craft! Fine dwarven craft direct from Orzammar!

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I'm hollowing an underground castle out of sheer cliff-face, a la <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Khazneh>Al Khazneh.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
I just finished building a temple to Mars, although I haven't sacrificed a cow in it yet...better get on that.
I'm thinking of building a Stoa next, or maybe a Thermae. I'm so glad I downloaded the Romecraft mod :)

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
A large, cobblestone castle, about 20 blocks into the sky.

When it's finished, I think I might add lava flows on the sides...

EDIT: Nevermind, minecraft crashed, bringing about 2 hours of work with it. Time to go work on a doom fortress.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I'm working on expanding my underwater city, I've already added two small apartments, a lava wall for item disposal, a well that lead to my personal large apartment and a church(don't ask me why a well leads to a church, I don't know), a wheat farm, a tree, a wooden building, and two jail cells. But I still have a lot of room for expansion.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
I had been working on a large fortress, but so far into it scale became a problem. It was a bit bulkier than intended, and decor that could be placed is scarce.

I'm considering working on a tower akin to

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Digging a 62 by 62 hole to the bottom, then using the gaint glass factory (42 furnicesses) to cover the sky with glass.
After that... maybe go outside, talk to my gf, make sure the cops don't think Im dead?