Your Current Minecraft Project?

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Rooster Cogburn said:
I'm working on a castle made of cobblestone. Imaginative, right? It even has walls and parapets! Though large, it looks pretty boring because it's really just a rectangle with some structures on the corners. I plan to dress it up a little more so It doesn't look like the big empty box that it is. This is my first project on that kind of scale, so I figured I would get the obligatory medieval castle behind me. My project before that was an egg-shaped observation dome with wood underneath and glass above on top of a wooden tower.
Quick tip: See my castle?

Well, once you're done gazing in awe, notice the shape. My first castle was square and it looked shit.

So I got a map generator, opened the map in paint, then roughly drew a line around a terrain feature. Then built the walls to that shape.

thingymuwatsit

May 29, 2010
a 100x100x100 pit far below (and to the side) of my base as an underground garden of sorts, with a grassy textured floor (hard as it was to get the grass to spread down there) and a 1000 square glass sunroof to get some sunlight in.
I am nearly finished with the pit complete and the sunroof halfway done, it provides an interesting experience trying to hollow out a cavern at night only to have a creeper fall to its death right beside you, and the 2 dungeons I ran into did not help at all (bloody spiders keep climbing the walls to jump on me) but at least I got a saddle!
I also just finished the snow fortress as my spawn point near to the entrance of that pit. To make it I had to turn 3 tundra biomes into rainforrests.
Also, never try to make a self-sustaining creeper prison, with recent updates all I had to do was walk near the doorway to be greeted by 5 odd explosions, eventually leading to my underground garden idea.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Right now I'm building a Mansion in the sky. I'm not sure what to do with it exactly because right now it's more of a building with big open spaces, and I'm not sure how to do the roof. I also have a big open floating field in the back that will be turned into a greenhouse for Sugar Cane, Trees, and Cacti. After that I'm going to build a roller coaster on the side of the building that will go into an underwater city that I'm going to build. I'm also going to build a town around the floating mansion and later a crystal cavern (err... Diamond Cavern I guess) that you can only get through via the Nether. Basically I just want to build an entire world with interesting things in it that I thought up and built on my own.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Jarl said:
Just finished building a monument to the minecraft chicken, in what I foolishly believe to be 1:100 scale. Oh, and it's all made out of wool. That I had to harvest from sheep. About 300 cubes of it.

Next project is finding some use for all the stupid dirt I dug up during my adventures. Only problem is that dirt is and looks lame. Suggestions?
I had that problem with dirt as well...until I realized it makes great scaffolding and is mostly useful for building something impressive and then replacing all of the dirt with the actual blocks you want to use to avoid making mistakes. Failing that, dirt is also great for making giant, angry tiki idols.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Abedeus said:
Floating citadel.

It's coming up nicely. I have a platform with a water elevator attached to it, a spot for animals to chill out at (except I can't get grass to grow on the dirt... dumb doors blocking grass) and I have to somehow connect it to my underwater mine I dug up in a nearby lake.
the trick to getting grass to grow on dirt, you need to have basically a 'fuse' of dirt leading from a patch of grass to the area of dirt you want grass on. grass will slowly grow from the grass patch down the fuse of dirt, until the grass eventually reaches the patch of dirt you want grass on. once grass is growing on that dirt you want, you can destroy the 'fuse'

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I haven't played in a while buuuut I started a thing where I just wanted to explore, though after the updates I'm considering making a new world to do this in since it's got more stuff like ...different trees.

My house is the one with the two lava lines. My original house anyway, that changes as the maps go.

Sorry to post so many pics but it really does show the progress a bit more interestingly.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Niccolo said:
This is like some kind of insane noodle incident. "Yeah, I built a tower... except now it's in the middle of a lava flow." One wonders how that happens.

Me? I've been holding off on getting Minecraft... I don't want to get addicted.
Really, though. My disappointment over the death of my whole project was drowned out by my glee over the bizarre turn of events and the excitement of running down floor by floor to escape the descending inferno. Now I'm always working with a burned-out lava tower in the background lol.

Minecraft can be pretty addicting, and the hours just disappear. Every time I look at the clock three hours have gone by.

EDIT: Pictures of my Lava Tower and simple castle (if I can post them correctly). The tower looks way cooler in game because the lava is animated.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
In my never-ending quest for Cobblestone with which to build my fortress, I have started a tunnel to nowhere. It is 3 blocks wide by 4 blocks high. It is currently 460 blocks long, just under half a kilometer, and was formerly occupied by 5520 blocks of stone, dirt, iron, and coal.

Being a tunnel to nowhere, it will never be finished. Only grow forever.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I got bored with minecraft but my plan was to build a floating fortress with lava falls all around and a very mean looking bridge leading to it.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
ClassicJokester said:
Gathering all the wood to rebuild this:

Elysium, the tree city that was lost to a map reset on our old SMP server.
seeing that giant pile of wood almost makes me just want to be the asshole who starts it on fire (yay for pyros) lol ^^;;

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
I'm building a monster trap around a mob spawner I just neutralized in my first save, and continuing my efforts on my epic tree fortress and stargate in the second.

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
Currentlt working a 3-part project: Building a huge fleet of airships, building a "city" under the airships (wich is on water) building the real city under the surface-city that means underwater city. (with glass walls)

CL4P-TP

Feb 16, 2010
I made a lighthouse as high as possible entirely out of glass and a large amount of torches because I could never find my cave when I died, then I didn't know what to do, so I started making a spiral down it. Currently of the process of making a tram ride from the top of the lighthouse through to the bottom of the world. It's very windy.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
I stopped playing for a while, but I think after reading all these cool ideas I'm getting back in the game again. :)
I already have an underwater bedroom and an island castle. But now I'll probably rebuild Bowser's Castle. Wouldn't it be boss if the door was his mouth?
:D

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
me and a m8 completely leveled a mountain top and made a giant ass castle on top :p not we are making walkways and underground walkways to other mountains :)

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
This city, though there's two of us working on it.

Views from the top of the citadel

City center with city hall in the background

Front of the citadel

Great hall which is part of the citadel interior

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Finish my underground fortress. Mine enough cobblestone to make the walls impervious toe those fucking creepers.