Your Current Minecraft Project?

ToxicPiranah

Nov 5, 2009
Currently working on a giant Aztec inspire pyramid, base layer is 120x120. Plan to build that then expand to a concourse lined with statues then have a town spread out from there. I've had to make the pyramid hollow though, as 10,000 + stone is a little much for one structure.

thingymuwatsit

May 29, 2010
^^^
that might be an issue if you start at sea level, seeing as the game world only extends to 50+ blocks past that.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
I'm trying to gather enough iron to turn the spawn point into a giant metal cylinder. Once that's done, I'm going to the Nether to get all the netherrack I can get, and I'm going to cover the entire map with the stuff.

ecyor0

Dec 7, 2010
Make a portal into the damn nether. Seriously, this latest world is the first one I've actually found enough diamond to make a pickaxe with.

After that? Well, I think I might try setting up a farm and tree orchard down at the lava levels, so I can live underground permanently as a troglodyte. Perhaps recreate the Grand Hall of Moria...

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I'm just spelunking at the moment, with occasional runs back to my main spawn house to dump loot and continue my spiral stair case to nowhere.

ToxicPiranah

Nov 5, 2009
thingymuwatsit said:
^^^
that might be an issue if you start at sea level, seeing as the game world only extends to 50+ blocks past that.
I've used a column of sand to gauge the "ceiling" of the world. I stopped about 8 blocks under the height of the column so I could build a house or temple or something, It's a 16x16 base. the top few layers are just above the cloud line.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
Building a villa on top of a mountain near my spawn. It's nearing completion; it just needs the library/lounge and sloped roofing put on and the majority of the structure will be done.

Currently complete;
2F -Bedroom, small garden
1F - Main hall, Wheat farm, cobblestone generator
G - Main hall, Workshop, Primary storage, Dining room, Kitchen
B1 - Secondary storage

Also set up a water elevator going into the mountain to reach what is the front door quickly from my spawn, and a big 15-by-9 shaft a little way into the surrounding desert that drops straight down to bedrock level that I origonally made to collect a lot of cobblestone but have now converted it into a strip mine.

Other things on the adgenda;
-Turning the hillside behind the villa into a huge garden/dock area.
-Building an underground minecart transportation system connected to the water elevator for quick travel to any other places I venture to.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Im building a dark hall, deep below the surface, near the Bedrock.
Its working out very well, if not a touch time consuming.

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
I am currently creating a large town, with underground metro, a castle, prison, walls and a giant underground vault system.
Also it's built on an artificial island.
Oh, and it has a giant obsidian doom tower too.

it may be a bit overambitious.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I was making helms deep before I started to get bored, damn that took a lot of landscaping. xD
I would still play but I get bored when its just me and my old favorite server has a bunch of asses with admin powers so I left.

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
latenightapplepie said:
I've been creating a giant underground cavern at bedrock level and I keep running into lava flows. And since I'm an obsessive hoarder, I'm transporting all the lava, bucket by bucket, into some tidy lava-storing chambers closer to the surface.

What?

I might need the lava later on...
I thought I was the only one doing that... I call it the "Lava room" super awesome and really useful!

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I have only recently started playing Minecraft but only on the free version to try it out I'm strongly considering buying it. But I have one question: Is it worth it?

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Operation Proboscis is underway.

A sort of above-ground tunnel system connecting all my mine exits and the portal chamber in a cobblestone walkway surrounded by glass. I plan to extend Operation Proboscis in the hopes of safely exploring new lands.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Having built a lighthouse, Rapture, an airship, an artificial mountain complete with lettering and (my biggest project) a dungeon complete with story/puzzles/boss fight, I will soon be working on a sequel to said dungeon, by popular demand.

Just got to finish brainstorming.

Fozza

Jul 6, 2010
Me and my friends on a swedish server are currently building Atlantis, the lost city. It's a damn huge project. We've spent countless hours on it, digging a great underground cavern in whitch we constructed a giant dome of glass (You can guess how many blocks of sand we used). After that we removed the top layer of dirt and let the water flow in. Right now we are building the actuall city isnide the dome.

Feb 18, 2010
ClassicJokester said:
Gathering all the wood to rebuild this:

Elysium, the tree city that was lost to a map reset on our old SMP server.
A perverse part of me would love to see that burn. Must have taken ages to get all the wood together to build that