Your Current Minecraft Project?

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
I posted a thread on Daizenshuu EX for people willing to come together on that site to make a Dragon Ball statue! http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16011 I hope I can get this off the ground. Also, I'll probably replace my wooden house with no windows to a stone house with no windows. Hopefully I can do that!

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
Gathering all the wood to rebuild this:

Elysium, the tree city that was lost to a map reset on our old SMP server.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Looks pretty cool...
Guess I'm gonna pay full price for the game... despite it being so popular and there being no complaints of fraud that I can find, I just can't bring myself to trust this small time digital distribution (and I sure as hell don't trust paypal... seen more people burned by them...)
I'm holdin' out for a disc and some official packaging...

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
I got bored of Minecraft and stopped playing about a month ago.
Something tells me I'm the only person to ever do that.
nope. alot of people get bored of it. : p but there are new patches to go back for at times. : D

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
hittite said:
What you should do is recreate the Pandemonium Fortress from Diablo 2.
I tried that, got bored halfway through.

Why?

Because of my current project. Screw your fortresses, I'm making an industrial revolution.

Gotta have a red star made of lava:

Current Mining project:

My "modest" Home:

Underwater base (hydroponics dome):

And just because you're a one man ecological armageddon doesn't mean you can't relax in comfort:

Mappage (Netherrack, or Hellplate, is white because it's an old map generator):
That wasn't a forested area when I started, either.

And oh my, is the castle pretty at night. All the torches sparkle.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Hemlet said:
I'm...probably going to shamelessly copy that because that looks and sounds brilliant. How will you deal with skeletons that spawn though? Won't they shoot through the half blocks?
Yes, skeletons shoot through the blocks because they are assholes and ruin everything. It's simple enough to kill them though if you move quickly. They can't chase you and have barely any room to work with so it's a simple thing to do.

The only way I could get the skeletons to not shoot you would be to redesign the prison to use blocks that obscure sight. This defeats the purpose of the prison though. You would have to use glass, which doesn't look very good for a prison. You also couldn't put a door in, as they can see and shoot through doors.

I'm not going to let some skeletons stop me from building it though.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Hemlet said:
I'm...probably going to shamelessly copy that because that looks and sounds brilliant. How will you deal with skeletons that spawn though? Won't they shoot through the half blocks?
Yes, skeletons shoot through the blocks because they are assholes and ruin everything. It's simple enough to kill them though if you move quickly. They can't chase you and have barely any room to work with so it's a simple thing to do.

The only way I could get the skeletons to not shoot you would be to redesign the prison to use blocks that obscure sight. This defeats the purpose of the prison though. You would have to use glass, which doesn't look very good for a prison. You also couldn't put a door in, as they can see and shoot through doors.

Maybe you could turn them into execution chambers or something. I'm thinking a switch that opens a steel door that releases a lava flow. Or maybe dispenser turrets.

Eric_Autopsy

May 19, 2009
After finishing my Indiana Jones-esque dungeon I am now going to build something inspired by Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
building a minecart tunnel from our twin castles to my house (deemed the "Slayer Lair" and located a good 2 minecraft days away in the side of a huge... thing).

Murtdragon

Apr 5, 2010
I'm building a castle on top of a hill. I build a machine gun arrow dispensor trap at the entrance, an underground rainforest so I never have to go out looking because I've ran out of wood and I'm currently building a road to the desert, where I plan to make a big Pyramid and connect it all with underground minecart tracks.

Also,if I get bored, I might excavate under my castle to bedrock. Thats gonna take forever though, I'm not keen on the idea of using hacks to get items or edit maps.

Mike the Bard

Jan 25, 2010
been working on a underground monster farm. i have the space mined out. all i have left to do is figure out how to get the water flowing in a constant stream from one side to the other. point me in the right direction if you know how.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Hemlet said:

I've found that skeletons only shoot through doors if they're on a particular side of the door. If the door swings inward and they're on the inward side then they can shoot through, but if they're on the outward side of the door they get blocked (at least from my experience). Also glass doesn't necessarily look bad in a prison. Hell if you wanted too you could make a smaller underground section of the prison that emulates that hallway of holding cells from Hannibal. Last I checked everyone's favorite cannibal had a cell which consisted of bulletproof(?) glass and a slot that people could hand things to him with.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
So far I'm kinda building a underground fortress that has no real point. I mined all the way to bedrock after I established a small living quarter around my spawn (Which was luckily inside a cave), then I discovered the small pond in my cave was above where I was tunneling, so I dug upwards and made a waterfall shortcut with small air pockets so I don't drown. Then I hollowed out a massive area in which I filled the room with torches and planted 2 trees so that I don't need to constantly go above ground for wood. And I've pretty much moved onto hollowing out a massive area (5 hours worth of digging) and then built a mini fortress in the room and started a new mine downwards from there.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Sebenko said:
hittite said:
What you should do is recreate the Pandemonium Fortress from Diablo 2.
I tried that, got bored halfway through.

Why?

Because of my current project. Screw your fortresses, I'm making an industrial revolution.

Gotta have a red star made of lava:

Current Mining project:

My "modest" Home:

Underwater base (hydroponics dome):

Mappage (Netherrack, or Hellplate, is white because it's an old map generator):

:eek:

This makes me want to go back to MC...

Chrmike

Oct 20, 2009
Just started playing, so I'm setting up my main mine and then I'm gonna build a house on a nearby hill overlooking the sea.

I've already dug all the way to the bedrock, nearly crashed my computer when I found a hole to the void, got burned by 3 different lava flows, and found 21 diamonds.

So all in all, a mixed bag.

But I guess you could say that my current project is...my rail system from the entrance of my mine to the bottom. About 75% of the way there.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I've got 3 projects I am debating over.
1) To build a farm. I want enough cows, pigs, and chickens to have around for milk, eggs, and meat. So far, that project isn't working out too well because the animals always seem to know I am trapping them in.
2) Build a huge bridge to this island I found with a cave filled with ore then digging an aquarium next to it . Taking some time but worth it. And...
3) Figuring out how to make flood gates. I heard you can use doors to control water flow but it isn't working out well so far.

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
Well, I and a couple of friends are currently working on a little farm. Somehow it turned out to be a hell of a task when a crapload of creepers began to water around on the farm and kill everyone off. Even our house exploded.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
Just finished building a monument to the minecraft chicken, in what I foolishly believe to be 1:100 scale. Oh, and it's all made out of wool. That I had to harvest from sheep. About 300 cubes of it.

Next project is finding some use for all the stupid dirt I dug up during my adventures. Only problem is that dirt is and looks lame. Suggestions?