Your dark secrets

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Imperator_DK said:
SonicWaffle said:
I'm an awful, sick, genuinely terrible person. I just pretend I'm not.

Not a joke post.
Of course you aren't.

The mere fact that you "pretend" not to be means that you don't actually let it spill out into the world. There is no real or significant difference between "pretending" and "restraining oneself", and thoughts are toll free when it comes to ethical evaluation. Were they not, we'd all be serving life imprisonment.
Of course, one may be restraining oneself not because of any innate moral sense but from awareness that society will condemn them for their interests or actions, ergo taking the path of least resistance which in turn allows for the continuation of these actions or thoughts negatively assessed by their society.

Or to put it simply, just because a person pretends not to be something for the sake of others or their own self-preservation doesn't mean they aren't that thing :p

Jadams

Feb 29, 2012
My dark secrets eh?
The one that mainly comes to mind is I enjoy chatting to random women on the internet and getting them to trust me deeply so I can figure out what will hurt them most psychologically because I like to see how they cope
Other than that is I have split personality and there are times where I'm a manic depressive

captcha : win hands down - what is up with captcha these days o_O

Cheezeypoofs

Professional Brony
Dec 19, 2010
I have absolutely shot self-esteem, mainly stemming from the fact that the one girl I have ever loved won't give me any chance. This one guy made her attempt suicide and she has since chosen him over me twice. I also am fully aware that if he does that again I will kill him.
Though, most of my friends already know this so really it's not so much of a secret.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Oh and posted this before but I'm very good at making friends with people and having them give me all their dirty little secrets. I then used this information to ruin certain aspects of their life just for shits and giggles.. but I was younger then and now I'm too busy to bother anymore.

Never understood why I did it. I got satisfaction out of their misfortune and probably still do if I bothered.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Imperator_DK said:
SonicWaffle said:
I'm an awful, sick, genuinely terrible person. I just pretend I'm not.

Not a joke post.
Of course you aren't.

The mere fact that you "pretend" not to be means that you don't actually let it spill out into the world. There is no real or significant difference between "pretending" and "restraining oneself", and thoughts are toll free when it comes to ethical evaluation. Were they not, we'd all be serving life imprisonment.
Of course, one may be restraining oneself not because of any innate moral sense but from awareness that society will condemn them for their interests or actions, ergo taking the path of least resistance which in turn allows for the continuation of these actions or thoughts negatively assessed by their society.

Or to put it simply, just because a person pretends not to be something for the sake of others or their own self-preservation doesn't mean they aren't that thing :p
They aren't that thing in regard to others, which is the only relevant sense when it comes to ethics (every school agreeing that whatever ethics is, it is something that is interpersonal).

The man who does not kill others because the thought have never crossed his mind, and the man who does not kill because he succeed every day at restraining his fierce impulse to kill, are equals. Whatever you are in your heart of hearts is of relevance only to you, so long as it stays there.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
I'm one of those gamers. The type who stays in a darkly-lit room all day and plays video-games from dawn to dusk. The type with zero social life. Who's intimidated by the thought of going outside unless absolutely necessary.

I'm also deathly afraid of being judged, which is probably somehow related to me judging the fuck out of anyone who looks remotely happy that I don't know.

I've never taken an IQ test. Im too scared that I'll do badly.

TheLiham

Apr 15, 2010
I'm Liam and I'm completely normal.

...I'm joking! I used to have depression, I overdosed once, I love BDSM, I smoke a lot of weed and if I get too tired or sober I envision killing the people around me no matter who it is.

Ironclash

May 6, 2012
Me and an old flame once did it at night on a playground while letting knives run over each other. Just enough to draw blood but not actually injure.
I will go out of my way to make someones day tangibly worse if I don't like them.
I have a 50% chance of some kid being mine and I can't even stand the mom.
Sometimes I realise I'm in a situation or place and will have no recollection how I got there or what I did but I'll always have a decent cut or bruise.
I value well written characters in games more than actual people.
I get uncomfortable when I'm being completely honest or am telling lies, have to stay inbetween.
Once in a while, i'll have a stray thought about dismembering someone or tasting their blood and it'll linger for a few days but I don't act on it.

But most of all, I think I'm the nicest person I know.

ToMegaTherion

Mar 22, 2009
I'm bipolar and I really want to commit murder-suicide. I've cheated on my girlfriend, I take alot of drugs and really want to feel how it feels to be shot

Mr.Cynic88

Oct 1, 2012
Dascylus said:
I am intelligent, perceptive and cynical.
I wish I could be like similar people from fiction who speak their mind and carve out their little place in this world and damn the rest. But every time I do that I get extremely negative responses. So I shut it all away and put on this outward persona.
It's eating me up inside and I hate people more and more as time goes by. I hate myself as much.

I know the lies people tell and it sickens me that people would tell them and hate me for suggesting the truth.
As someone who has had a similar mindset, here's my unrequested advice:

In the end each person does get the opportunity to speak their mind and damn the rest, but you have to live the consequences. The fictional characters you are referring to are likely inspired by intelligent, cynical writers who have found their little way of expressing their ideas in a fantasy.

People can always be categorized as awful and as liars, and nobody wants to hear something they don't agree with, so you have to decide if your "truth" is worth the consequences. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. As someone who has published over a hundred newspaper editorials, I know that people who disagree with me will send me hate-filled diatribes, but those that think I made a good point will almost never go out of their way to let me know. When I'm expressing my personal ideas verbally, I usually use humor, and if I still get a negative response, I realize that I don't want to hear their dumb ideas either.

Self-hatred feeds itself to become worse and worse. I stopped hating myself by realizing: people are largely self-centered and ignorant, but that's OK, because that has been human nature since they were painting pictures on cave walls. Anything I found wrong with society I could also see manifested in myself, so I started consciously making myself do things I was proud was - which wasn't easy, but nothing worth doing is. I drastically lowered my expectations for others while simultaneously meeting my expectations for myself and have greatly improved my life.

OT: As someone who is abnormally open about my peculiarities, I don't keep much secret, and I delight in talking about mental health issues and coping strategies that I have learned from personal experience. Still, probably only about a dozen people know that I used to be a cutter, as it's something I usually only feel comfortable sharing with a fellow self-injurer.

Also: I'm willing to joke about anything. Most of my friendships are the kind where we take constant jabs at each other. My one true sore-spot is making fun of my (barely noticeable) speech impediment. Even people who are simply curious because they never noticed I had one will get a dagger-stare and a "fuck you" if they want an example of words I can't pronounce.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
There are only 3 person's I care about, my best friend, my girlfriend and my grand father which died way to soon.
My dad never cared for me and was a drug addict/alcoholic who lied to me the whole time. My mom doesn't care for me either. I was suicidal for about a year and my own mom didn't stop me. I still remember her saying "Go jump in front of a train, I'm better of without you".

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
hay guise u need moar depressionz

Despite having a large variety of friends of differing genders, orientations, and a whole cruiserload of interests, I am for reasons I can't explain incredibly...uh, I hesitate to use the word depressed. I've attempted suicide twice in the past and I think about doing it again every day.
The one I keep more secret but am not ashamed of really is how I am completely and totally in love with a fictional character. A woman who doesn't exist. I've felt this way since I was seventeen and I've never been able to 'get over' her. I work myself into depressive states and often consider offing myself just because I know I'll never be with her.
And no, I don't want you to know who she is.
Hey, at least I don't consider her mai waifu or something.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Sometimes when I'm in a bad area I hope someone tries to attack me so I can beat the ever-living shit out of them. I also had an incest fetish about my mother that I constantly fight daily. I'll never let myself fall to it.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
first time i jacked it was to chun li in street fighter 2
wow feels good to finally get that off my chest!!!

also i'm from the future sent back to stop the apocalypse but i've been too busy fapping to chun li to get around to that yet

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
chinangel said:
Hay Gais! Social Experiment time :D

Okay essentially, let's see how safe you feel with the anonymity the internet provides. Share with us your dark secret. Maybe not your darkest, but make it interesting.

So...let's see how many will step up!

Naturally, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't go first so..hmm....ah!
I'm a 'little'. Which is a term for a person who can mentally regress to a very young age. It's typically a BDSM lifestyle word but not exclusively.

Because of this I have had to search for a Daddy to take care of me and let me be myself, it's be a tough but fun search.

Okay escapist, your turn! >:3
If I didn't post it here...(12 pages? damn) I know I've posted about it a lot before. It's basically not much of a secret at all but I love DID bondage (damsel in distress). I'm basically the Ice King though, looking for lovely ladies to tie up in various costumes (because I like it better than nude...again, I'm weird). I'm trying to learn shibari but I'm having problems finding ladies to practice with. To inject some irony into this post though, I only JUST got my first ball-gag!

Once again, it isn't my most secret of secrets but I wouldn't talk about it at all in real life.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Xiado said:
I'm a misogynist. Not that I hate people because they have two X chromosomes or biologically female features, but as far as gender is a construct, I dislike nearly everything that constitutes femininity in this society.
I'm not sure I'd really call you a mysoganist, I actually really loathe girly things too...I do however I think youre being too judgemental of people who embrace girly/feminine things

I'm not going to "blame" men , but to be fair a woman who rejects alot of thease things does recieve scrutiny from both partys

[quote/]Makeup? You're essentially lying about your appearance to be better liked by people. That's not a good quality.[/quote]
I'd wager 90% of women you come into contact with on a daily bases are wearing make up..."natural" look? its bullshit, unless she has amazingly flawless skin (which happns, yeah) she's probably wearing some foundation. Looking good can be for yourself too..taking some pride in your apearance boosts confidence and overall makes you feel better..if you feel better your going to do better

[quote/]Oversexualizing your appearance by wearing short clothes and showing off cleavage, then acting like you don't want sex or attention because of it? Hypocrite.[/quote]
depends...somtimes clothes show off stuff and it can't be helped unless you dress like a sunday school teacher. I'm sorry but if a woman is well endowed in the chest area it is not your god given right to leer and stare and she certainly doesnt owe you sex or attention, thats just rude

[quote/]Wearing fashions that are incredibly impractical/actually cause you physical discomfort to make yourself look better/feel better about yourself? Being so focused on what people think of you that you would actually hurt yourself for acceptance? Disgusting.[/quote]
social preasure can make us do the darndest of things

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Vault101 said:
Xiado said:
Oversexualizing your appearance by wearing short clothes and showing off cleavage, then acting like you don't want sex or attention because of it? Hypocrite.
Depends... sometimes clothes show off stuff and it can't be helped unless you dress like a Sunday school teacher. I'm sorry but if a woman is well endowed in the chest area it is not your god given right to leer and stare and she certainly doesn't owe you sex or attention, that's just rude
Yeah, that's a really good point. It's opinions like that which mean women are made to wear veils because otherwise men can't control themselves and it's the fault of the woman for being irresistible. It's not a good direction.

Xiado's opinion doesn't leave any room for a person like me either. I'm asexual, no sex or unwanted male attention for me please, yet I wear tops that show cleavage, and shorts too [Insert Twilight Zone music here].