Your favorite alcoholic beverage

Archer147

Aug 7, 2009

Mate's ex-fiancee's dad got me onto it, amazing stuff. Keep it in the freezer, better when it's ice cold.

Palmerama

Jul 23, 2011
I would recommend any of the badger beers shown below.

http://www.badgersettaleclub.co.uk/uploadedimages/540.jpg[IMG]

If i'm in a more mellow mood ill have a bottle of red. My favourite being Fruit Noir which is hands down the best red wine I've ever tasted. The downside you can only get it from Switzerland & from only one vineyard. Luckily my aunt knows the owner so we get the stuff cheap when we go over :D

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
The Last Nomad said:
Kitsune Hunter said:
Magner's Irish Cider

And somethings either a pint of Harp or Carlsberg
Magner's isn't really Irish, Its the English version of Bulmer's is it not?

I could be wrong as I hate cider and don't drink it so my knowledge is limited
It's definitely Irish, says it on the label

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
I'm a big fan of beer. Any kind of beer really, because even the crappy ones have a purpose. Coors Light, for example, tastes like watered down water, so it's an excellent getting drunk beer, and the local bar does 4 for 1s on Coors every Thursday, so I've gotten used to the taste and getting smashed off of it. So really, I'll drink and enjoy about any beer you throw my way.

However, my all-time favorite has always been a New Belgium 1554 [http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=5ac72c92-fd87-4ec7-858d-3380c8d465d8]. It's a dark beer without the heaviness of a Guinness, with a decently high alcohol content and an excellent flavor. Definitely my favorite of all time. In fact, I'm a big fan of most of New Belgium's 1554 beers. Lately I've been on a La Folie [http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=4e583fd6-95e4-4ea0-908c-4436f5dc8fa8] kick, which has been a bit of a drain on my wallet, but well worth it. They brew the beer, then age it in old wine barrels that give it an extremely sour flavor. It ends up being like drinking juice in beer form.

Another of my favorites is the Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale [http://www.atlanticbrewing.com/beer-3.htm]. It's got a strong blueberry flavor, so it's not the kind of beer that you'd down an entire six pack at once with, but having one or two at a time with dinner or whatever makes that dinner exponentially better.

As far as other types of alcohol go, I'm a fan of mead (I've been known to drink an entire bottle by myself in a night). Vodka is always right up my alley, as is most rum (The Kraken is my favorite by far, but by no means the only thing I enjoy). Mixed drinks are good, but I'd usually prefer straight alcohol or something simple like a rum and coke. However, there's another bar close by called Luscious Nectar that makes their own slushee-type beverages, and most of those are pretty spectacular. The Adios ************ is the only way I drink tequila. Not sure what's in it exactly, but it's got fruit of some sort and it's radioactive blue in color. It tastes spectacular despite the tequila in it. It's the blue one on the right [https://foursquare.com/v/luscious-nectar/4a90cc83f964a5207e1920e3/photos?openPhotoId=502d6593e4b07f4738d4ae16]

Shit, you know, I'll drink just about anything that's handed to me.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Requiem191 said:
Alien Brain Hemorrhage. "The cocktail consists of half a shot glass full of peach schnapps, with Bailey?s Irish Cream poured on top. Once the shot is almost full, a small amount of blue curacao is added, and once that settles, a small splash of grenadine tops the drink off."

To be entirely honest, I've never had it as I'm not much of a drinker, but ever since I heard of that shot, I've always wanted to try it. It just looks so damn creative.

Also, Bailey's on its own and of course with other stuff. Yes! That's just the best thing we've ever made, right up there with sliced bread and gundams.

You sir, have just made my day with that~

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Griffolion said:

Neat, on the rocks. Beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Except I keep mine in the freezer and have no need for the rocks.

Though I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks, trying to lose the spare tires. I owe it to crunches and bananas.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Whiskey sour, scotch and soda. Hurricane if I want something more flavorful and fruity that can still knock me on my ass.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
Can anyone send more posts like this into the forum? :O Like seriously, look at this... It's awesome!!!

Though, my favourite drinks will have to be: Bailey's, Cider, Sake and Whiskey =P

Apparently martinis and cocktails (or general mixed drinks) came around when alcohol was out-lawed in America, and home-made alcohol wasn't too great... So they mixed them together to make the drinks taste better. (Fact or not?)

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Glenfidditch, single malt, 16 years on the rocks.

I like it when my drinks kick me in the face but leave a pleasant after-tingle.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Draxz said:
Apparently martinis and cocktails (or general mixed drinks) came around when alcohol was out-lawed in America, and home-made alcohol wasn't too great... So they mixed them together to make the drinks taste better. (Fact or not?)
Fiction. Most classic mixed drink recipes date back until at least the 1800's, well before Prohibition.

Prohibition cocktails tended to be mixed with sugar and/or fruit juices though, to mellow out the bathtub gin.

How about a Little Beer shot?

It's Liquor 43 (vanilla-ish, I think) and Baileys.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Beer usually. Preferably Hertog Jan.
After dinner (or whenever i can get my hands on it) Palm

But i like most beers so not that picky.
Except Amstel, that is at about the same level as horse piss, maybe even lower.

The stronger stuff? Gin 'n Juice is always good. you drink that away like lemonade.
B52 is fun for in bars

But nothing tops a good white russian. yes i am talking about a drink -wouldn't mind the human version though-

chakra7777

Aug 28, 2009
Beer. Strong is better. Didn't see ANYONE else saying this. *oh, the guy right above me

Reading this thread, however has got me interested in more than a few others.

The LCBO's in my city just started stocking Absinthe. I WANNA TRY