Your favorite Anime

Wolves

Feb 18, 2008
FMA/Brotherhood. I actually like both for different reasons. I think the original head much better music, and went much more in-depth with the story. The second had a better and more interesting latter half. I'm sure all of those opinions will offend someone but w/e.

Spice and Wolf was mentioned... awesome show :) good and engaging story, particularly if you're into economics, and it has some of the most beautifully drawn backgrounds I've ever seen.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this: Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. Maybe it's not the best anime in the world, but I like it because of how character-driven it is. And it gives, fully and without reservation, both sides of the story: there are no 'bad guys'.

Anyway, I've never been the biggest anime fan in the world, but these particular series I have found to be quite enjoyable.

digital_critic

Mar 18, 2013
I't a 12-way tie between Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Ghost in the Shell, Soul Eater, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Rozen Maiden, Gunslinger Girl, Angel Beats, Death Note, Hellsing, Full Metal Alchemist, Chobits, and Canaan.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
itchcrotch said:
the Hellsing OVA's (I thought the original series was boring and I don't care who knows it)
But you know, the OVAs are the original series. The first anime series stopped following the manga after the Valentines attacked Hellsing.

It had a pretty great soundtrack though, if nothing else.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Every time I see one of these thread I really have to wonder if I'm watching a different Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Gurren Lagann. They are always so highly recommended, and frankly I just don't see it. Beyond not seeing it, I can't even understand how someone can think they're good. I can understand if you enjoy them, I enjoy many things that are objectively bad(some of which will be mentioned below), but I don't think that they are objectively good. I mean, someone compared cowboy bebop to Firefly. Reading that almost made me physically ill. Firefly is . . . but I digress

My favorite anime is probably FMA. Yes, FMA. Not FMA:B, FMA. The story from Brotherhood was undoubtedly better, but it also dragged a bit in the middle whereas FMA did not, and still had a bad-ass story, so FMA. As you can tell, Brotherhood is also high on my list, as is Busou Renkin, Black Lagoon, Infinite Stratos, and Kampfer. Even High School of The Dead is one of my favorites for just how out-rageously funny it is. Whether it was meant that way or not, if you look at it as an action-comedy instead of a psychological-horror, all the over the top fanservice and stuff just makes it funnier.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom wanted really bad to be on this list, but it's really not fun to watch. It's engrossing and phenomenally well done, but it's kinda like an Oscar movie of an anime. It's super-well done, and very interesting to watch, but it's not the anime you watch over and over again, at least for me. Still, I do recommend it, just be prepared for your mind to be bent . . . a lot.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
There are a few anime that I like a bunch like Code Geass, Clannad, and Black Lagoon, but Puella Magi Madoka Magica is by far my favorite. Just a great short series.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
My all time favorite would be Darker than Black. Very nice production values and a plot that screams "show don't tell". It is my kind of anime when the plot itself isn't the easiest thing to figure out.

Runner up would be Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Lemme just say I went into this anime wanting to condemn it from the bottom of my soul. The first 2 episodes made it seem that way at first. Even the 3rd episode made it seem that way. It started taking on its appeal in the 6th episode, and now I can safely call it one of my favorite anime up to this point.

I also have to include an honorable mention: Bleach. Yes, it's contrived and long and contrived, but the characters are fucking gold, and the anime has really good production values. Especially the music. The manga i also improving at this point, so i can't fault it. I didn't pick this one out of nostalgia, I swear!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009

Trigun: Trigun takes place on a desert planet, Vash the Stampede is a gunman with a legend so ruthless that he has a $$60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. Entire towns evacuate at the rumor of his arrival, however, the real Vash the Stampede is not the same man that rumors lead you to believe. The enigmatic and conflicted lead character in Trigun is actually more heroic in nature; as well as a complete and utter idiot at times. The series has it's humorous tone and gets more serious the further in you go, it has a great core cast of characters and the music is awesome as well. I also consider the english dub in this series, the cast was well chosen and play the parts really well, I highly recommend it.

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
Oh come on, I made this post yesterday!

Dr. Cakey said:
Top 5 Best:
5. Gurren Lagann: It's really quite clever and ingeniously made. And of course it's full of RAW MANLY FIGHTING SPIRIT!!!
4. Steins;Gate: The most hilarious time-traveling tragedy you'll ever see. Probably.
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The anime. The myth. The legend. Eva is one of the sloppiest pieces of junk I've seen in my life. But seriously it's good.
2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: It's just so cute, how can I not...I'm not fooling anyone, am I? Brilliant art, brilliant music, skillfully plotted and a bunch of other positive adjectives, Madoka is the closest I've seen to a perfect anime.
1.5 Code Geass: Edging out Madoka solely due to the fact that I saw it first, Code Geass is a show *sigh*...about terrorism. And school festivals. But mostly terrorism. And politics, conflicting ideologies, and battles between geniuses. But also school festivals.
Okay, I didn't make that post yesterday. This is the post I made yesterday...

Dr. Cakey said:
Top Five Alternates:
While not my favorites, these shows...resonated with me, I guess you'd say. They're all special in their own special ways, if that makes any sense. All this is in no particular order.

Bakemonogatari (and Nisemonogatari): [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LightNovel/Bakemonogatari?from=Main.Bakemonogatari]
This is a show about talking, spirits, talking, puns, talking, underage girls in compromising situations, and talking. It has a lot of dialogue. The quirky and bizarre cinematography (brought to you the...good?...people at Studio Shaft) is a benefit in that it encourages people to read more deeply into the show rather than dismissing it as more fanservice, but it also can cause people to read a little too deeply into it. It is also is in the unique position of both being impossible to dub and desperately needing one.

Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Anime/StarDriver?from=Main.StarDriver]
A show about a high school on an island with a hot-blooded guy as the main character who has to pilot mechs in an alternate dimension to fight an evil organization made up of high school students in improbable outfits. Yes, you read that right. Star Driver is the most anime anime to ever anime, and intentionally so. I will tell you without blinking that it's one of, if not the, most intelligent anime to come out in recent years. It's partly a reflection on anime as a medium, and partly it retells parts of The Little Prince. Also, it's about sex.

That's two anime in a row that feature sex as a theme. If this keeps up, I'll lose my reputation as a sexually repressed pseudo-intellectual! Quick, save me...

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Anime/YuGiOh5Ds?from=Main.Yu-Gi-Oh5Ds]
There, this should convince everyone of my intellectual maturity. Anyway, I'm a big YGO fan, and 5D's is my favorite. If someone says "card games on motorcycles" one more time I swear I'll - just kidding. I think even LittleKuriboh was freaked out by the popularity of that line. I'm not sure exactly why I like 5D's the most, I just do. It pretty much runs on Rule of Cool, which is fun, I guess. Probably my favorite bit is the intricate summoning sequences. Yes, I'm a sucker for transformation sequences. Sue me.

Kokoro Connect [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LightNovel/KokoroConnect]
This is a show that goes both with and against my sensibilities. On the one hand, it's a rom-com about a group of high school students. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring (wait, isn't Bakemonogatari also a rom-com about a group of high school students?). On the other hand, Kokoro Connect is melodramatic as hell, and in my book PEOPLE SHOUTING = DRAMA. I mean come on, my favorite anime is Code Geass. I'm about as subtle as a gold-plated meteor.

What I love almost as much as the show itself is when it came out: Summer 2012. That's the same season as a certain other, much more popular anime which I hated way before it was cool. Yeah, Sword Art Online. I'd passed over Kokoro Connect at the start of the season, so I thought that, bland as SAO was, it was nonetheless the best thing of the season and so deserved at least some credit. Then someone recommended me Kokoro Connect and I gave even less of a crap about SAO than I did before. Who wants epic swordfights when you could have angsty teenagers???

Bleach [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/Bleach?from=Main.Bleach]
Bleach sucks. Don't watch it. Trust me on this one. You will either hate it, or you will become a fan, and I don't know which is worse.
Willinium said:
I got off topic there my apologies, but please tell us about your favorite animes and your favorite pairing if you have one.
Favorite pairing? Favorite PAIRING? You think I'm the kind of creep who goes and makes pairings of characters to fulfill my creepy fantasies???

Saber x Irisviel kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

CAPTCHA: exercise more
Really, Captcha? Really?

Brogan Cordova

Jul 29, 2012
I could be generic and say it's Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, or whatever (which is pretty accurate) but there's always been one I keep coming back to.

.hack//SIGN.

Far above and beyond the rest of the .hack series imho, but I just can't get enough of their escapism themes. Yes, floating heads on teh early 2000's internets talks psychology. Yes, almost no fight scenes and not so much a marvel of animation as panning the camera across a picture while playing the best soundtrack ever, but that's nothing. I really do adore the story and it's themes so much that its worst criticisms are completely overlookable to me.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
Azumanga Daioh The dubbing is pretty good and it's mellow enough to run in the backgroung without disturbing your studying. Cowboy Bebop is pretty good too. If you want something weird Lain is good.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, I like most of what people mentioned here, though I will say that I'm surprised not to see many people mentioning either "Lost Universe" or "Noir" which are two of my favorites. I'm also a little surprised that "Gundam" (W, Seed, etc...) hasn't had any mentions that I saw, I'm not a huge fan of Gundam (I just think it's okay) but it used to be on a LOT of lists, especially "W". No wonder I feel old. :)

introverted_surd

May 7, 2012
Well i only just started watching anime resently so i'm not the best judge but i quite liked "Future diaries". The premise was interesting if used a bit to much but how they ran with it was clever and new.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I'll just copy/paste my post from a different thread, because I can't write all that again.

FLCL-This is an anime that I've first seen when it first aired on Adult Swim when I was about ten years old, have seen it dozen of times over the past decade since it aired, and loved it ever time, but sitting here now, I can't possibly describe why I love it so much, But I will try my best.

Watching FLCL is like watching an experiment unfold right in front of you. It tries so many different art styles and writing styles, yet oddly enough, they all fit together perfectly, but in a sort of messy way. It's a show where even its flaws work to its advantage, and helps create a unique experience that has never been replicated. You may point out stuff like Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking or Dead Leaves which have similar styles as FLCL, but as for actual viewing experience, nothing comes close. There really isn't anything like it. It's chaotic, weird, over-the-top, subtle, oddly paced, sexual, sweet, fun, funny, creepy, memorable, ugly, beautiful, dark, light-hearted, it's a mix of many, many, many things. There are elements of many different genres, from comedy to action to romance to even psychological horror. It can be both small scale and then quickly shifts to large scale. It has a lot of over-the-top wacky scenes, but it also has a lot of subtlety. The look of the anime is very distinct, especially with it's color palette, and it plays around with its style while creates a mood and atmosphere that is surprisingly comforting. The story is almost incomprehensible, and the dialogue confused and at times sexual, but not frustratingly so as the strangeness of the story fits with the general strangeness of the show itself. The music is Pillows songs, with no original orchestral score, but they are all used effectively and helps set the mood of scenes. It's the perfect length, only 6 episodes, short enough to not wore out its welcome. The characters are some of the most uniquely demented cast of characters that I've seen in an anime. You have the main character Naota, who's pretty much the straight man, playing off all the strange things that happen in the anime, reacting by either trying to make sense of the situation or by simply accepting them. The metaphor of the anime is basically about puberty I think works well, and the show's not super pretentious about it, at least to me. You have Haruko, who's pretty much the heart and soul of the show, and is basically like an anime Loony Toon character, but as wacky as she is, she still comes across as a cool, but fun, character. As I grow older, the more interesting I find Mamimi's character. I don't recall seeing a delinquent character quite like her. While most delinquent characters in anime are usually very stereotypical and over-the-top, Mamimi's character feels genuine. It almost feel like she could be a real person, and has some serious psychological issues.

It's really hard for me to really pin down why exactly I love FLCL as much as I do. I guess nostalgia plays a big part in it, but every time I see the show it just gets better and better. I can feel satisfied by just watching a single episode of the show. I've seen it enough times to know it by heart, yet I still find things I've missed. Just hearing the soundtrack is enough to bring a nostalgic tear to my eye. It's my favorite anime, and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica- I know it's weird putting a show that's pretty rece-- actually, it's been two years, so it's not all that new. But I loved every minute of this show when it first came out, and I still do to this day. While people bring up stuff like Princess Tutu and Revolutionary Girl Utena as better examples of deconstruction of the magical girl genre. While I don't disagree, this is my own personal opinion. Princess Tutu, while it had a good fairy-tale-like story, was a bit too... odd for me, and I've seen the first couple episodes of Utena and mostly enjoy it for it's epic cheesiness. Also, I hated Ikuhara's other anime, Mawaru Penguindrum, and I can tell that Utena is gonna suffer from some of the same problems, but who knows.

As for Madoka, it feels like a more proper deconstruction of the genre, while Tutu and Utena I feel departed way too far from the genre to really be called a deconstruction. Madoka has a lot of familiar elements of a magical girl anime that makes me feel a bit of nostalgia, but darkens it up a bit and presents some interesting ideas that still makes it fresh and new. I was hooked by the first scene, as the style and feel of the show was reminiscent of a grim fairy tale, with the witch's labyrinths (Yes, I'm going with the English dub's translation. It sounds cooler than "barrier". Deal with it.) looking like something out of a demented children's book, and really does resemble something that's not of this world. Also, I just love Studio Shaft's animation style. The colors really pop out for me, and the lighting really helps set the mood for most scenes. As for the story itself, the magical girl genre has been known to play up the hope and despair elements, but Madoka plays them up but puts more emphasis on the despair part. The show is definitely dark, but it doesn't feel forced or come across as simply shock value. It all feels natural to the story they're telling and doesn't feel explicit in any way. The story is full of twist and turns despite being a short 12 episode show. The characters are great, flawed characters. Madoka herself I can describe as sort of being an anti-magical girl protagonist, where she wants to do the right thing, she wants to save her friends from their conflicts, but what makes her interesting to me is how human she is, that she herself is a flawed person, unlike most other magical girl protagonists who succeeds in those things. Apart from not actually being a magical girl, she's weak, she's a coward, she's unsure as to what the right thing is and whether or not doing so is right for that person. And when she does do what she feels to be the right thing, it tends to backfire tremendously. But even so, she doesn't give up, which I find very admirable. The other characters are great tragic characters that each have a story of their own. The antagonist is a character that, without giving anything away, you'd least expect from a magical girl show, and is a great, neutral villain. The witches, much like the Angels from Evangelion, are fierce monstrosities with unique designs. The music being the best and most memorable soundtrack in an anime in recent years.

Not just that, the anime, being influenced by the Faust tale, deals with themes of trading your life for one wish, which I think works very well with the magical girl formula. The show asks the question of "what do you want most in the world that's worth risking your life for?" and really analyzes it. It helps a lot that the characters are at an age where they are introduced to choice, where they really need to start thinking about their decisions more thoroughly, and face the consequences that they may present. The story is more or less about a group of girls who pretty much made the wrong decision, and now have to live with the consequences of that wish. And finally, I love the universe the anime creates. I wanna know more about the world and it's characters, and what other stories it has to offer. I admit, the show's not perfect. There's a few hiccups with the animation, and some story elements are a bit questionable, but overall I loved the series then and I still love it now, and I'm looking forward to what more it can offer.

K-ON!- This is a show that grew on me over time, to the point where I realize that I love it. Now, when I first saw this I knew nothing about it. Never heard of it, never knew how popular it was, I pretty much watched it on a whim and because it had a weird name and was a music anime, and from the looks of it, it looked like a cute, funny little show that I can engross myself in, and it was, at least the first season. Now the first season had its flaws. The animation was a bit inconsistent, and the pacing wasn't quite there yet, but it still served as a cute, charming little diversion, and I really liked the message at the end about how you'll one day find that one thing to lose yourself in, no matter how unexpected it may be. The characters, despite their procrastinating ways, I found to be relatable in one way or another, and I enjoyed the comradery between them, because they act like real friends, fooling around with each other, but still being there in their time of need. The music was fun. Although they were girly and cutesy, they were humorous about it, and the music itself was upbeat and catchy.

The second season, in my opinion, is perfect. The animation was touched up, and they got the pacing down just right. It was also cuter, funnier, and had an ambition to it that is usually lacking in shows like this. Also, while the first season had the message about finding that one thing to lose yourself in, the second season aimed a bit higher, being mainly about cherishing the time you spend when your young and with the people you care about, because before you know it you'll be grown up and out in the world. I think it dealt with the idea much better than something like Clannad (which I also enjoyed) and wasn't totally in-your-face about it. It had the right amount of drama that it wasn't a total tear jerker, but still emotional enough to get a reaction. And most importantly, I think the main reason K-ON! works for me is because when you come down to it, there's a lot of heart to it, which is something that was even lacking in the original manga. Everything feels genuine, even when it's over-the-top. You can tell the the staff enjoyed making it, and cared about their audience (some might say pandering, but still making something enjoyable). The film is pretty much a love letter to the fans. KyoAni puts more love and care into the show then I think Kakifly puts in the original manga. I mean, just compare the ending of the show to the ending of the manga. Although I dislike certain fans of the show for taking their love for the show a little too far, I still love the anime itself.

Neon Genesis Evangelion- This is a show that these days you can't mention without some modern anime fans getting up in arms and going on a paragraph long rant about how it's the most pretentious, overrated show in existence and going on and on about how Shinji's the worst protagonist ever and how the ending to the TV series sucks so much blah blah blah. Evangelion has been called overrated so much that it works its way back to being underrated by today anime fans. Hell, I only saw the show about three years ago, but going into it I always considered one thing; It's age. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong for hating the series, in fact it's understandable, but I'd just like to put out my two cents on the subject and how I see it, as no one ever brings up the age of Evangelion as a factor in their hate for the show, so this is just an assumption.

Evangelion, being a nearly 20 year old series, was one of the earliest original animes to pull off the psychological and philosophical elements and the first to deconstruct a genre that was mostly geared towards a younger audience, the mecha genre, and at the time there wasn't really anything like it. It had fresh ideas, was structured a bit differently than most animes at the time, and was one of the earliest animes to really crack open the skulls of its characters, really going in there and exploring what made those characters who they are. Of course, being one of the earliest animes to do this, it wasn't done nearly as well as it could've been, but was impressive for what it did at the time, so it has been since Evangelion that other anime have been taking influence from it and have been trying to perfect that formula, to most of the anime you see now. So, with that said, I think the question is not whether if Evangelion is actually a "good" anime and deserves a spot as one of the greatest animes ever made, and instead being whether the show holds up or not to the standards of a modern anime, in which case the answer is no.

The original anime certainly has its flaws. It's like what most people said, it's a bit of a mess, and the religious symbolism is a bit too heavy handed (although, what else do you expect from an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion?) and it's certainly an anime that's a required taste. So, why is it one of my favorite anime? well, aside from the massive respect I have for what it's done for the anime industry, but I still thing there are some stuff here that are still great. Now I'm not gonna go into the symbolism, and I'm not gonna act like I understand everything about the series, but there are some story elements and technical elements that I think still holds up. For one, it's a very bleak anime. Despite having some comedic scenes here and there, it still has a very bleak look to it and a very heavy, foreboding atmosphere that makes you feel uncomfortable. It's very unpredictable, and your not quite sure where it's going. Each Angel fight is treated as a genuine life or death situation, and you feel as though that any of the characters could very easily die (horribly) at any moment. It's a dark series, and it certainly hasn't changed in the last 18 years. It was able to get away with things that I think most anime these days wouldn't be able to. Then there's the characters, who when you really look at them, are generally unlikable, but still fascinating. I actually do like Shinji. I don't find him as annoyingly mopey as most people make him out to be. He just seems like a quiet, socially awkward kid who likes to keep to himself. While I don't always agree with his actions, I do get how he thinks, how he sees the world and everyone in it, and where he's coming from. As the anime progresses he does try to better himself, but certain events keeps him from completely changing himself, which I think makes for an interesting character study. Then there's some ideas here that I think are just fantastic ideas, like the EVAs themselves. Those are still some of the most ingenious ideas for a mecha I've ever seen, from their design to the way they function, and to this day I still haven't seen another mecha anime come up with an idea nearly that ingenious. As for the series ending, well, who gives a crap. It's been almost 20 years, and I'm surprise people are still bringing those last two episodes up and are still complaining about them. You already have a End of Evangelion, which in my opinion is one of the best anime films I've seen, and they're remaking the series into four epic films, so why is there still a reason to whine about it? As for the Rebuild films, I enjoy them a lot, although the third film was a bit of a let down. I'm still looking forward to how it concludes.

Death Note- Of course, looking at my username, you know this had to be on there. This is a show that nowadays I don't think it's the masterpiece I thought it was when I first saw it, but I saw it at a critical time in my anime viewing life that it holds a special place in my heart (Heh...heh heh.) When I first saw it, it was at a time where I was growing out of anime, because of what I saw at the time being cliche shounen shows that I started growing tired of. I tried watching Naruto and Bleach, but those did nothing for me. Then I heard about Death Note, and I thought the idea of it was interesting. It was On Demand one day and after the first episode finished, I was hooked. Death Note re-lite (Heh..) my anime spark, showing me that anime can actually be dark, smart, and entertaining without having big epic battles.

Although, these days, having rewatched it a ton, I admit that it does have problems. It does have its silly, over-the-top moments ("I take a potato chip..."), and I'm not particularly a fan of Araki Tetsurou's directing, as he tends to make things look way too melodramatic and over-the-top that it's almost comical, but you know, that's part of the fun I have with Death Note, now. I still say that it still gets a lot right. The conflict between Light and L is still intense and suspenseful, even if you know the outcome. Light, despite having his over-the-top evil moments, is still a fascinating, smart anti-hero, and it's fun watching him devolve into the monster he ultimately becomes in the end, and it's interesting seeing him trying to rationalize his actions as good and just. L is, well, L. He's a great character, and to this day I still haven't seen a character quite like him in another anime. A mad detective in both appearance and action, he'd do whatever it takes to catch Kira and get the better of him, while not being afraid to do horrible things when he needs to. And yes, the second half isn't as good as the first half, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as everyone claimed it was. I loved how bleak the show was throughout, although it did have its humorous moments, especially when Misa pops up, who is a character I actually like, and adds a bit of fun and light hearted-ness to the show without being out of place and still being a psychotic character herself. While I don't take the show as seriously as I used to, I still love the show and still consider myself a big fan.

Honorable mentions goes to:
Bakemonogatari
Kino's Journey
Welcome to the NHK
Clannad
Lucky Star
Haruhi Suzumiya
Cowboy Bebop
Arakawa Under The Bridge
Aoi Bungaku
Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
Perfect Blue
Mushi-Shi
Haibane Renmei
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Baccano!
The Tatami Galaxy

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
It's a three way tie between Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magicka

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
One Piece.... by far. Words cannot describe how much I love One Piece.
It's the only long running Shonen series that I still watch - Naruto lost it's magic not long after Shippuden started and Bleach hasn't been good in a VERY long time.

I tend to think of One Piece as more of a spiritual successor to the original Dragonball, while most Shonen use Dragonball Z's formula instead. Hence, One Piece is more about the crazy adventures and humour, while everything else puts too much emphasis on the fights.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
My favourite anime's are:
Mushi-shi
Monster
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Welcome to the NHK
Black Butler
Baccano!
Death Note

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
mParadox said:
Let's do it by genre~! Because it's easier.
Western!: Hellsing... Trigun... Cowboy Bebop... Yeeeah.
I don't know if i'd necessarily consider Hellsing to be a western... but I still love it, and I love Trigun!!! That's the only Anime I own the DVDs of. It actually got me into anime when I was older.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Neon Genesis Evangelion. It got me into anime and it is quite possibly the most influential anything that has affected my life. Just look at my avatar!