Your Favorite Anime

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
oh wow, hard to put one over the other.
I'll just say my favourite animes, ones that have either blown my mind, or been something unforgettable.
*Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - much better than the original one. It's more complete.
*Gurren Lagann - blew my mind.
*Beck - hands down the best non-action anime i've ever seen. I still listen to that awesome soundtrack from time to time.
*Code Geass and Death Note - both were very interesting, whereas Geass had giant robots too.
*Cowboy Bebop - How can anyone not love this show?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
gim73 said:
Let's put in Hunter x Hunter as another awesome series that deserves to be continued. In addition to only having one filler portion (which is actually good and 3 episodes long, and fits into the plot) it is completely amazing. One of my all time favorites.
Yes, that would be nice. Also, would really like it if Bezerk was continued but I doubt either of them will. Out of all the popular anime I've seen, these two and a few others are the only anime that should continue.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Alpha1089 said:
Del-Toro said:
Yay not the only person to mention this series!
Being a blatant yuri fanboy, Kannazuki no Miko was easily my favourite series before I saw Nanoha.
Sacman said:
Yay I'm not the only one, who's seen this show, let alone liked it...
Lain was quite a good series, bit of a real shame about the decidedly dodgy animation at times.
Duvet was a masterful choice for the opening though.
So did I... I think I'm gonna joyfully cry now...

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Number of animes I seen and enjoyed, not everyone of them mainstream

1. Naruto - I enjoy the characters and stories
2. Death Note - all began seeing someone wearing a t-shirt with it on it
3. Ghost in the Shell (both seasons and every movie so far) - loved the look and the techno
4. Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood) - even if Brotherhood follows the manga closer, I enjoyed the darker, serious look to the older version over the exceptionally cartoonish look of Brotherhood
5. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - saw a lot of references but didn't see it until about half a year ago, highly enjoyable
6. Fooly Cooly - used to listen to all the time by tape until I lost it
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - my first reintroduction to anime after almost eight years since falling out from DBZ on Toonami
7. Lucky Star - saw in a magazine, didn't know the title but thought would be worth a look and I enjoyed it
8. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - one of the few series that I've looked into extensively
9. Kanon (2006 version) - enjoyed the stories and characters
10. Read or Die (both series and OVA) - enjoyed the action
11. Trigun - loved Vash - very humorous and serious
12. Desert Punk - ecchi and humorous
13. Code Geass - good blend of political drama with mecha
14. Death Note - good dark tone with a hardened character - harsh mix of good and evil
15. NGE (evangelion) - psychological mecha
16. Soul Eater - one of the few animes I watched in subs (albeit very hard to do so as it was poor quality) and enjoyed

17. several other obscure titles including:
a. Kanokon - charming, ecchi - similar look to Lucky Star
b. Needless - supernatural - kind of like Desert Punk but more colors
c. Speed Grapher - political with supernatural
d. Omamori Himari - ecchi with action
e. girls bravo - another ecchi but still very humerous

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
In no particular order

Trigun
Gantz
Highschool of the dead (sill running, it's only 3 episodes in and it's awesome)
Berserk

... and some others I can't think of right now.

masterkeyes2

Jun 15, 2010
Tough question to be honest. I don't really have a "favorite" anime series. Just ones that I hate or like but I guess there are three that stand out from all the rest. The first one is Monster for some of the best character driven storytelling and suspenseful experiences in all of my time of watching anime.

The second is Twelve Kingdoms for the political intrigue and the ungodly amount of character development. I don't think there has been a series that has made me shed tears, unless you can't those of boredom from Code Geass, in a long time.

The third is Kurenai for the slice-of-life mixed with drama. It was a pretty moving. So was another story created by the same author, Denpa, had some really good moments as well.

Really though there is probably alot of the series I really enjoyed already mentioned; Ergo Proxy, Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Black Lagoon, Darker than Black, Ghost in the Shell, and Kara no Kyoukai.

Those are only a few though really. I have quite a few series I like but none of them really qualify as favorites. So as you see I am just as indecisive as your run-of-a-mill romantic harem protagonist.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
BNguyen said:
manaman said:
Aura Guardian said:
Trigun
Trigun
and
Trigun
Always has been. Always will be.
I don't know about that one. It was heavily recommended that I watch that anime, but I didn't find anything special about it. It was just like all the anime I watched before bland with five episode long fight scenes full of needless exposition that I couldn't really relate to because of the culture barrier. I guess it just seemed bland and uninteresting to me.

OT:
I guess I don't really like a lot of anime, but I did enjoy The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and bits and pi
Somehow I doubt you've seen Trigun as it's only 24 episodes and no fight lasts longer than about 2/3s of an episode. And there really is no exposition until the last half of the show.
Sometimes people use this little thing called exaggeration to accentuate a point. Obviously the guy I was talking to knows the things that you said as well as I do. I just exaggerated to make my points easier to understand. When I speak of exposition I am not talking about the unbearable level of "plot" revelation that goes on towards the end of the episodes, and then again in the final episode, all over again in case you missed it the first couple of times.

What I am talking about is a problem that plagues anime in my opinion. In an comic, or manga, or whatever you want to call it, form the block of text in the middle of a battle is no issue. The combatants can sling insults easier then punches. It does not translate into a real time battle well, but they still keep doing it. You wind up with the combatants squaring off, explaining their moves, and how the opponent will never win because of this or that ultimate move, then explain exactly how this or that ultimate move works.

Now the last bit. Ask yourself why in the world I would ever want to lie about something as stupid as having watched an anime? It's ridiculous.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Sacman said:
So did I... I think I'm gonna joyfully cry now...
For your viewing pleasure:

I almost came close to disliking the series at one point. Just before Lain realises that she can see her friend whenever she wants I was so ready to hate it for the ending.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
1. Digimon Tamers
2. Death Note
3. Dragon Ball Z Kai
4. Dragon Ball
5. Digimon Adventure.

God that's alot of D's. I don't watch too much Anime, but I'd say that's a fair list.

Calumon: The one with me. I like that. :3

Dec 14, 2008
I can't really place numbers on my my favourite animes so I'll just rate them out of ten.

Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann: Infinity/10
FLCL: WTF/10
Eureka Seven: D'AWWW/10
Fullmetal Alchemist: 13/10 (I'd like to see you come up with some clever joke)

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Sigh.
It really is hard man.
It really is.
Listing favorites...hard
Listing the ones I hate...Simple
Agreed.
Though that list is kinda short for me.
As just like with games, i only watch Anime i know ill like.
Though there have been a few "Surprises"(Elfen Lied).

I can make a list of Anime i know i wont like.
and a list of Anime that i think is giving Anime in general a bad image.
Though that's a topic for another day.

Jast

Mar 18, 2009
For the longest time I would have said Trigun is my all time favorite, but last year I discovered Higurashi and now I'm torn.

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
No special order, I will just throw them out there:
Detective Conan
Elfen Lied
Fairy Tail
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Rave Master
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
code geass,toradora,Yu Yu Hakusho,FMA,FLCL,Negima,Gurren Lagann,gundam(except V),DBZ,keikaishi(maybe),s-CRY-ed,Shaman King,Shakugan no Shana,Hetalia,Bobobo,Medabots & digimon had some good times,Rave Master,Toaru Kagaku no Railgun,Toaru Majutsu no Index,Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, boondocks?(Im not sure if its anime),Kanagi and soon to be more.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
To rattle off my usual answers:
Haruhi (first season only)
Nanoha A's
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kino's Journey
From what I've seen of it, Darker than Black.

oranger

May 27, 2008
1 FLCL
2 Death Note
3 Trigun
4 Hellsing (I STILL have a crush on seras victoria...)
5 Cowboy Bebop

I guess I'm mostly into "serious" anime...not too many of those out these days I think...good ones anyways.