Your Favorite Brain Teaser

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Queen Michael said:
Here's my brain teaser:
Three women share a hotel room. They order a bottle of chapagne from room service. The room service guy knocks at their door, gives them the bottle, and gets a ten-dollar bill each from them since the champagne costs $30. When the room-service guy gets down to the lobby, the guy in the lobby says "You idiot, it costs $25, not $30! Go up and return $5!" So our friend room-service guy does that, but pockets $2 as a tip, since they won't be able to split $5 evenly between three women anyway. He gives a dollar to each woman.

That means every woman paid $10. Every woman got $1 back, so in the end every woman paid $9. And $9 times 3 equals $27. Add to that the $2 the rooms-ervce guy pocketed as a "tip" and we've got $29. What happened to the last dollar?
That's subtracting three from 30, not adding 3 to 25. It's just doing it backwards.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Q: What cant you succeed in regardless of Race, creed, religion, status,nationality,or level in fallout 3?

A: The game (you just lost)

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
ThatOneJewYouNo said:
Jack and Bob are sitting in a room with nothing but fifty-two Bicycles and a knife. Bob, in a fit of frustration, stabs Jack... But why?
Because Jack cut the tires?

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Alot like the mastermind with the hats in a mini edition.

four guys are convicted to lifetime prison for stealing candy from the Queen of England (yea i know, but i didn't make it up :p)
The four guys are all given a hat of either white or black(two blacks, two white) they don't know the color of their own hat. if one of them can guess the color of their own hat all of them will go free.

i'll make i little drawing here with numbers xD

1 2 3 4

guy 1 can see 2 and 3
guy 2 can see 3
guy 3 and 4 can see no one :p

they can't talk or communicate in anyway.
who guesses it ?

the answer isn't something dumb.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
erto101 said:

four guys are convicted to lifetime prison for stealing candy from the Queen of England (yea i know, but i didn't make it up :p)
The four guys are all given a hat of either white or black(two blacks, two white) they don't know the color of their own hat. if one of them can guess the color of their own hat all of them will go free.

1 2 3 4

guy 1 can see 2 and 3
guy 2 can see 3

who guesses it ?

Guy one sees two hats of the same colour, so knows his own must be different? That seems way to easy, though. Is there some trick?

SeaCalMaster said:
Here's one that's easier than the other one I have going. A woman leaves home one morning and quickly turns right. She jogs for a while, then decides to turn left. After another short distance, she turns left again and picks up speed. After turning left a third time, she heads back home, where she sees two people wearing masks. She is not alarmed in any way. Why not?
Because they are the catcher and the Umpire.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
2xDouble said:
ZE?

and:
there's a couple dumb answers... just count to over 1000 without counting your fingers; count by 100's on your fingers;
or use binary code (each finger is a power of 2. 1, 2, 4, 8... 256, 512. summation puts the total at 1023. you don't count each finger individually more than once, technically)
ZE is not correct, I'll post the answer in a spoiler incase you want to guess more: the final pair is TH, these are the suffixes placed at the end of of numbers when denoting position - in other words firST, secoND thiRD and fourTH

Were you spelling standardise? Cause that's pretty good answer too.

And yes, using base 2 is the correct answer for the second one :)

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Georgie_Leech said:
erto101 said:

1 2 3 4

guy 1 can see 2 and 3
guy 2 can see 3

who guesses it ?

Guy one sees two hats of the same colour, so knows his own must be different? That seems way to easy, though. Is there some trick?
and if they're not the same ? (it's half the answer you've got)

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Revolutionary47 said:
Q: What cant you succeed in regardless of Race, creed, religion, status,nationality,or level in fallout 3?

OT:Three women are eating ice cream.One is licking her ice cream.One is sucking her ice cream.And the third one is biting her ice cream.How can you tell which one is married?

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
RanD00M said:
OT:Three women are eating ice cream.One is licking her ice cream.One is sucking her ice cream.And the third one is biting her ice cream.How can you tell which one is married?
Look at her fingers for a ring. Then go wash your dirty, dirty mind.

erto101 said:
Georgie_Leech said:
erto101 said:

1 2 3 4

guy 1 can see 2 and 3
guy 2 can see 3

who guesses it ?

and if they're not the same ? (it's half the answer you've got)
If the hats on person 2 and 3 are NOT the same colour, then person 1 won't answer (because they can't tell what colour they're wearing.) Therefor person 2 must know that their hat is a different colour to person 3.

bew11

Nov 11, 2009
1.What is gooder that god, badder than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you die.
2.A man who is very thirsty walks into a bar and is immeaditly knocked out cold. Why?
3.A man who has the hickups walks into a bar and askes for a glass of water, the bartender pulls out a shotgun and aims it at the man but does not shoot, the man says thank you and walks out of the bar without his water. What just happened?

a stranger

Mar 4, 2009
Altheus_Necron said:
Juven Ignus said:
Wakikifudge said:
Juven Ignus said:
A coffin.
skystryke said:
Wakikifudge said:
Juven Ignus said:
A coffin.
So I just got ninja'd, but yeah a coffin.
CURSE YOU BATMAN!!!

Umm....Try and solve this, Batman!

I have eyes but cannot see, ears but cannot hear, and nerves but cannot feel.

What Am I?
A verse from the bible?

Seriously though, I have no idea.

I present as a counter riddle -
I have two U.S. coins that add up to fifty-five cents. One is not a nickel. What coins are they?
one 50 cent coin and the other coin is a nickel

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
bew11 said:
1.What is gooder that god, badder than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you die.
2.A man who is very thirsty walks into a bar and is immeaditly knocked out cold. Why?
3.A man who has the hickups walks into a bar and askes for a glass of water, the bartender pulls out a shotgun and aims it at the man but does not shoot, the man says thank you and walks out of the bar without his water. What just happened?
1.Nothing
2.God knows.
3.He had hiccups. The point of the puzzle is that you DON'T tell people that in the first sentence.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Scabadus said:
RanD00M said:
Look at her fingers for a ring. Then go wash your dirty, dirty mind.
And that is correct.You deserve a mini cookie.But I won't get you one.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Gavmando said:
Altheus_Necron said:
I have two U.S. coins that add up to fifty-five cents. One is not a nickel. What coins are they?
A penny and a 1972 dime with a Roosevelt imperfection.

Give me my cookie!
you went to the library didn't you? :]

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Gavmando said:
Altheus_Necron said:
A penny and a 1972 dime with a Roosevelt imperfection.

Give me my cookie!
you went to the library didn't you? :]
the Scrubs joke doesn't work here... they're asking for 55 cents, not 30 cents.
Its a half-dollar and a nickel.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
bew11 said:
1. nothing
2. because he hit his head on it. (old joke, Two guys walk into a bar. You'd think the second one would've ducked)
3. the bartender just cured his hiccups.

KillerH

Apr 7, 2009
Revolutionary47 said:

You can actually win if you say "I won the game" while having sex.

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
bew11 said:
"Gooder" and "badder"? I'm quite amazed.

Georgie_Leech said:
SeaCalMaster said:
Here's one that's easier than the other one I have going. A woman leaves home one morning and quickly turns right. She jogs for a while, then decides to turn left. After another short distance, she turns left again and picks up speed. After turning left a third time, she heads back home, where she sees two people wearing masks. She is not alarmed in any way. Why not?
Nicely done, good sir.

Here's another one: All men have one. Some men have longer ones than others. A man usually gives it to his wife after they get married, and the Pope doesn't use his. What is it?

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
SeaCalMaster said:
Here's another one: All men have one. Some men have longer ones than others. A man usually gives it to his wife after they get married, and the Pope doesn't use his. What is it?
I'm tempted to say "A Life" but the bit about the pope would only make that work from an anti-religious viewpoint which would be against the point of a puzzle. Other than that though, I can't think of anything.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
SeaCalMaster said:
Georgie_Leech said:
SeaCalMaster said:
Nicely done, good sir.

Since I'm assuming it isn't the... ahem, obvious, answer, I'm going to say... hm...

A Last Name.