Your Favorite Game opening/intro

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
The Borderlands intro really sets up the game nicely for me, it may be short but the art style and the great song set the tone for what's turning out to be one of my favourite games.

GrimSheeper

Jan 15, 2010
I could say Deus Ex, which has a good intro, but it just kind of is exposition and gets you interested in the story. I like a lot of intros from good games of the last decade, but in all honesty, it's a simple choice. The intro sequence to X-Beyond the Frontier on the other hand can still manage to make me tear up, it's hands down my favourite cinematic.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Need for Speed Underground had a pretty good intro, so did Gran Turismo 2. Maybe it's just something about racing games, with fast paced cars sliding around cormers at speed the police couldn't even keep up with so they don't bother to chase you.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009

Cared more about that chicken than all other characters in the game combined.

Lord Kase

Jun 12, 2009
The Quake II intro gives me chills everytime I watch it... hell everytime I think about it.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
A tie between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Bioshock. Yeah I know everyone saw that coming.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Edit: I can't get the video to embed so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=_0LEPAqKxw8&annotation_id=annotation_430032
Just the coolest intro ever. Amazing music too.
Soulcalibur II <3

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
The cheesines of RDR: Undead Nightmare was something to love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6qaG1czfvo

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
"You made your last delivery kid, sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where your kneeling it must seem like a 18 karat run of bad luck truth it, it was rigged from the start."

That combined with War never changes mono-log was a good intro for F:NV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-aXeeaN00&feature=related

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Terminate421 said:

Gets you in the mood really well
If only the whole game had that feeling. Heres to the third one.

OT: Personally I love Metal Gear Solid 4's opening. Just the way its shot, and everything, and being a huge fan doesn't hurt.

Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
not sure if its my fave theres sooooooo many to chose from but the first one that came to mind was from Dawn of War 1:

Edit= lol sum one ninja-d my post should have posted b4 i watched the vid lol :(

Mar 9, 2010
Bioshock had the best intro to a game that I've ever seen. I couldn't tell you why I love it so much, I simply marvel in all it's glory. Let's watch.

Up to about 6 minutes is what I'm talking about. Bioshock 2 had a good intro too. Again, let's watch.

Up to about 4 minutes in for this one. Absolute beauty. This one actually makes me want to be a father.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I loved WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2006's Raw intro. Reminds me of good times and when WWE wasn't stupid.

<youtube=bWI3ZBmFb9g>

Oh FUCKING HELL yes.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
My three Favorite openings are all of the Dynasty Warriors openings, all of the Monster Hunter Opening and all of the Fallout openings