Your favorite rule of combat.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
one thing I know to be very very true never ever simply run at the oppoents in a gun fight youll get shot in a weaponless fight youll get your ass slammed so hard on the ground you wont be getting back up

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
What I've learned from games:

-Always have a way out.
-If you make yourself too much of a hassle, they'll probably just give up (I'm dead serious).
-Your value isn't based on how many you can kill, but on how many you can keep occupied.
-If you're on the run, turn around once you pass a corner for a free kill.
-The mission is infinitely more important than killing that one guy skipping through the open field with a bullseye on his helmet (even if you have a silencer).
-If killing an enemy means putting yourself in danger, they're not worth it.
-The hierarchy is "soldier < tank < anyone with a rocket launcher".
-Only make yourself visible if you're holding a line.
-When everything is fail, and the enemy is moments from victory, you might as well be epic.

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
He who strikes first, strikes last

United we stand, divided we fall

Never falter, never relent

fragmaster09

Nov 15, 2010
RevRaptor said:
Always always be a bigger bastard than the enemy. If they do something to you, do something worse back. Keep doing it in till they learn to stop.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1104/S00275/minister-confirms-lethal-sas-counter-attack-in-afghanistan.htm
It's severed us well so far, the bastards will know not to shoot at New Zealanders next time.
they ARE the SAS though, that was the 'going easy on 'em' approach, if they TRIED, then their guns might as well fire NUKES(yeah, play CoD4 to showcase the SAS' awesomeness)

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
don,t shoot a men in the back a man has the right to see who kill,s him.
don,t shoot at civilians and people who surrender, people who surrender can have vital information.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
All is fair in Love and War. That's why I brought an army of genetically engineered, flesh-eating, cyber squirrels to the battlefield.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
There is no honor in battle, only after it. Do whatever it takes to survive.

or...

Kill them before they can kill you. Preferably before they see you.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Don't bring a knife to a swordfight.

And interrogate your enemy first before excuting them

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
"The fight isn't over until you win." From Robin Hobb's Royal Assassin

Then there's the The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlock_Mercenary#The_Seventy_Maxims_of_Maximally_Effective_Mercenaries]