Your favorite unappreciated video game

ERadical

Aug 30, 2009
Hmm Section 8 for me. Although a tad generic it is a lot of fun and multiplayer is very good. Quite possibly has the best AI/bots out of any game I've played..

siffty

Jul 12, 2009
aimhellfire said:
I liked these two games war of the monsters and whiplash. they probably didn't age well but i had fun with them. Whiplash is kinda about a weasel and rabbit tethered together trying to escape a lab. The weasel is a retard who can whip around the smart rabbit as a weapon. Actually pretty funny. war of the monster is a fighter with the classic 1950s monsters.
they where great fun to play

O.T. if anyone remembers FURY that was a fun game to play with friends for a couple of hours but so sadly flopped.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Triforceformer said:
So far it would be Psychonauts. You could set squirrels on fire with your mind and there was a demented milkman for Christ's sake! Why didn't more people buy it?
Because Majestico massively fucked up releasing it; it was barely advertised and the packaging...Raz's feet are in the middle of the shot, and he's stood on a 2-D brain; that plus the title makes it sound like some hideous hybrid of educational and dancing game; then you have "a psychic adventure" on there plus the art to make anyone who does take a good look throw it down and flee in terror, assuming it's some kind of JRPG. I know I glanced at it more than once and didn't bother giving it a second look since I assumed it wasn't something I'd be into.

As for overlooked, I nominate Shinobi for PS2. It's awesome. And the PS2 Transformers game that wasn't based on the movie, where you could play as Optimus Prime and headbutt Decepticons off cliffs.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Just Joe said:
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Seriously, that game was fun as hell.
I didn't see that one coming :) I did play the original Lion King (1994) and it made for a decent platformer. The music was absolutely wonderful. But then again, I was 12 and most video games I played were wonderful.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
aimhellfire said:
I liked these two games war of the monsters and whiplash. they probably didn't age well but i had fun with them. Whiplash is kinda about a weasel and rabbit tethered together trying to escape a lab. The weasel is a retard who can whip around the smart rabbit as a weapon. Actually pretty funny. war of the monster is a fighter with the classic 1950s monsters.
Hey, I remember that!

As is the usual with these threads, I will yell say OKAMI.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Blood, The 7th Guest, The Wheel of Time, Soldier of Fortune 2, and IGI.

Feb 13, 2008
Triforceformer said:
So far it would be Psychonauts. You could set squirrels on fire with your mind and there was a demented milkman for Christ's sake! Why didn't more people buy it?
What do you know about the milkman? What is the significance of the cookies? Why are those ladies breasts so large? Why does my husband only love my pies?

RebornLove

Dec 10, 2009
Goemon's Great Adventure for the N64. Fun story, fun characters, full co-op. It was just a fun side-scroller.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
gerrymander61 said:
Nox by Westwood
Oh Nox was fucking awesome.My friend bought it once when he was in New Zealand.We played it for hours and hours each day.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Dynasty Warriors is a great way to get rid of a LOT of time.
Gundam Crossfire is a fun PS3 game. I've played it more than I've played most of the big name titles. IT is all the sweeter since I only paid $5 for it at GameStop who most likley paid more than that to get it a year or so ago. It was one of my best $5 purchases to say the least.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Baldur's Gate honestly, it seems most gamers have never heard of it let alone played it and everytime someone says dragon age is new and unique it makes me want to strangle a kitten (though i dont say DA:O is a bad game).

Widell

Oct 2, 2007
Hm, I guess I can pick out three games I really liked out of the top of my head. I will list them in no particular order.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

It is pretty much the only decent vampire themed game I have played. If you ignore the many, and annoying, bugs (or get a patch to eliminate them), there is great story to experience, wonderful characters and awesome voiceacting. The gameplay is pretty good even by today's standards, too.

Thief 3: Deadly Shadows

While complaints have been raised on behalf of the game being too linear, I like the setting very much.

Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

It beats its predecessor when it comes to gameplay. It is a bit buggy, not to mention incomplete, but I think people treat it too harshly due to the player not being the same main character. The setting is pretty nice, even if it is a bit slow in the beginning.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
TheSchizoid said:
Hmmm, so many. Wing Commander: Privateer. Earthbound. Mister Mosquito. The Thing. My game collection is a cavalcade of under appreciated games.
You know, Privateer inspired many MMOs in more ways than one.

Anyway, I guess I'll say Wild 9 and Shining Force 3.

(Yeah, it was really hard to not say a PC game.)

vincentisgreat

Dec 14, 2009
Moster Rancher, up to the third one, and that was pushing it.

For some reason I always enjoyed it, every now and again i'll get it out and try my new cds, still dreaming of that dagron..