Your favorite unappreciated video game

dreamtime

Jan 10, 2009
Why is that everyone seem to have forgotten Outcast? It had beatiful graphics, huge open worlds, a clever AI-system, an EPIC score performed by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra, good voice acting, lots of sidequests, upgradable weapons, a great interface, and the plot was really good in a Hollywood blockbuster kind of way.

I fucking loved every second of this game. Too bad they cancelled the sequel.

Editos

Sep 14, 2009
Viking for the 360 and Baldurs Gate 1/2 for the PC, nobody gives those games any love.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
the first Way of the Samurai.

The plot was... crap most of the time, the graphics were meh and all the dialogue was entirely in text blocks and grunts... felt outdated.

but the combat was a lot of fun. And the multiple endings based on how the first day progressed... it was great

Aug 18, 2009

This shit here was so fuckin awesome and manly (even the stealth missions)....lol...one of the few games in the world I know of where you get bonus points for making someone piss themselves as you slaughter them. Where's the sequel? Capcom says we may never know.

Aug 18, 2009
DiscoveryOne said:
the first Way of the Samurai.

The plot was... crap most of the time, the graphics were meh and all the dialogue was entirely in text blocks and grunts... felt outdated.

but the combat was a lot of fun. And the multiple endings based on how the first day progressed... it was great
That dude with the fro was my mans and thems in that game!

Aug 18, 2009
Come to think about it, this game here really didnt get any hype in the US (where I happen to be most of the time) until AFTER it had been pulled from shelves (the first time) Ironically enough, it's probably one of the best games EVER made. Definitely one of my favorites. No question.

Super_Gnome

Jul 28, 2009
magic & mayhem. the origina PC game was absolutely amazingly fun and tho ONLY RTS i have ever enjoyed aside from starcraft.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
aimhellfire said:
I liked these two games war of the monsters and whiplash. they probably didn't age well but i had fun with them. Whiplash is kinda about a weasel and rabbit tethered together trying to escape a lab. The weasel is a retard who can whip around the smart rabbit as a weapon. Actually pretty funny. war of the monster is a fighter with the classic 1950s monsters.
Whiplash was hilarious, i loved that game!

I'm gonna throw Beyond Good and Evil in here, i picked it up really cheap and spent frigging ages with it because it was just so damn original

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
mr.aravaro said:
Frankydee said:
Descent Freespace. An awesome space combat/flight sim that didn't get much reception.
Don't forget the original descent games.
well yea, I still have one of the originals on floppy discs. Too bad I don't have a computer that'll read 'em though.

Would also like to throw in the original One Must Fall, the Commander Keen series, Tribes SS, Jazz Jackrabbit, Jill of the Jungle, and a few others I can't remember.