Your favorite unappreciated video game

Xelioth

Oct 8, 2008
I actually rather loved the shooter "ShadowRun" and sincerely wish someone would release a sequel or something that included finished animations and more to the game to justify the price.

aside from that I'm gunna say the entire Tribes series. I LOVED those games, and yet I never see anything about them and almost nothing in terms of a call for new ones (thank god for Legions)

Arkvoodle said:
And Skies of Arcadia; most people have apparently never heard of that one but its such a good RPG.
people exist who have never even HEARD of Skies?! jeebus! I pity those poor, sad, unenlightened fools. that was one of the best RPGs in my memory.

KillerH

Apr 7, 2009
Hands down Gotcha Force for the Gamecube. It had an over-the-top kiddy anime style that made in unattractive to most gamers, but the game play kicked ass anyways.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
KOTOR 2, hate how so many people diss it when compared to KOTOR 1, aside from the inconclusive ending, I think KOTOR 2 is better than the first in every god damn way. Even as a game itself, I think it's one of the best RPGs ever.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
<--------- See screen name. I love the rpg elements, the punishing difficulty, the tricky sword fighting, and the first time I could bounce off people's heads with my sword.

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Bug, which was a platformer for the Sega Saturn and Septerra Core which was an rpg for the computer. I still have my original copy of both of these games and they got me into video games.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Saints Row 2, and I'm not just saying that because Yahtzee liked it. I STILL fucking play that game, and I bought it like, a week after it came out. It's feels more like the sequel to GTA: San Andreas than GTA4 did.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
Terranigma. How about re-making that, Squeenix? Oh, and No More Heroes. But that'll probably get a lot more appreciated when it hits the 360 and PS3.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
The Search Bar. It's so unused, and so useful...
/thread

OK, seriously (since I've never participated in such a thread) my games are Mischief Makers for the N64, Martian Gothic: Unification for the PS1, and Another World for the PC.

The first, you can grab and throw almost anything, including good guys, and there's just so much fun to be had with the weird Japanese characters. Oh yeah, and you can catch missiles and throw them back. Awesome!

The second, Martian Gothic, is one of those games that is really hard to play, like the first Resident Evil game in space, only with a more intelligent storyline bursting with the best from every major sci-fi writer. Plus, 99% of the game is voice-acted. No boring text logs here!

The third is just a fuckin' masterpiece, and if you haven't played it yet you should. It inspired ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, for one thing, and is available for a very cheap purchase on the game designer's website. Give a master some support!

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Breakdown! That game was quite a lot of fun on the Xbox and hardly anyone got it. I was saddened to see no sequel for it made.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I always say this, so forgive me if you've already read me saying (well, typing) this, but... Arx Fatalis.

That game is awesome.

HearshotKid

Dec 14, 2009
X2 -Wolverine's Revenge and Spiderman 2: The Movie (the two best games attached to a movie EVER) and every tekken after the second one.

vorlors

Aug 5, 2009
Deus ex still one of my all time fav game it seamed like no one played it tell steam sold it

chinese_democracy

Aug 22, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:
I think Dead Space gets a lot of flak, I don't know why, I thought it was pretty scary and it has decent action.
Totally agree, I'm still waiting for the announcement of a sequel.

I think Shadow of the Colossus and ICO are under appreciated as well, but at least the creators are making another game.