Your first anime series

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Probably Pokemon, technically, but I think of Escaflowne as my first "real" anime. That's what got me interested in the Japanese language, which lead to my spending a year in Japan and getting a Japanese degree.

So, yes, an anime, my first anime, changed my life.

aje656

Apr 15, 2009
It was a combination of Dragonball Z, Pokemon and as much as I'm embarassed to admit it, Sailor Moon. I watched all of them around the same time.

roastbeefy

Apr 20, 2009
First one I ever watched, like everyone else, was probably Dragonball Z.

However, I also want to mention Rurouni Kenshin. For a few years I didn't really care about anime at all. Then, there was a time when I was feeling incredibly depressed and was looking for something to occupy me and lift my spirits up a bit. I found a box containing the first season of Rurouni Kenshin and decided, since I had nothing else to do, that I'd try watching the show again after I'd just seen bits of it as a kid. After watching the first season many times, I got really into anime, and Rurouni Kenshin remains one of my favorites.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
If we're counting terrible English-ized children's animes, then Yu-gi-oh, Dragonball Z and Pokemon are my original three.

If we're just talking about legitimate anime, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. It was fucking awesome :D

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
I consider it Fullmetal Alchemist, but I was originally into DBZ. Fullmetal was the first anime I really started getting into.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Pokemon when I was young, then Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z as well as Hellsing.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Digimon was the first anime I ever watched for more than one episode, I woke up early every saturday morning to see it. And despite the myriad of lame puns, I still have a soft spot for the first season. I watched the 2nd season too, although I don't remember liking it that much.

I quit watching anime for a long time after that, until I caught a couple episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami. Hello love of shônen.

Mrselfdestruct

Sep 5, 2009
Dragonball Z and Pokemon a long time ago when I was a child...then Bleach when I was about 14.

I still haven't watched that many Animes and I'm 19 now...