Your first anime series

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Sutter Cane said:
this

Go Speed Racer! Go!
Yeah that would be it, didn't know it at the time.
Other than Speed Racer the first one I watched that got me hooked on the genre was Teknoman.

Also this video helped hook me on the genre.

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
It was Dragonball for me, and I think i watched it in 1993. It's still a classic favorite of mine, but now my 2 favorite's are One Piece followed by Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

NeoGuardian86

Mar 26, 2011
can't remember my first Anime series, but my first favorite one was Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex.

seriously still absolutely love that series.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
This is pretty weird, since I didn't even realize it before much later, but my first anime was actually an anime adaptation of Tove Jansson's "Mummi" series (that's "Moomin" for you Americans) from 1990. What's even weirder is that I remembered the stock sound effects so well that recognizing them is how discovered it was an anime in the first place.

In retrospect, that show was awesome. I swear, if you sing the first few bars of the intro to any Norwegian my age, they'll probably be able to continue the verse. Tove Jansson must have been pretty hardcore too, being gay and born in 1914.

[sub]For a newer example, I started watching anime again when I was 14, with Azumanga Daioh.[/sub]

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
probably Sailor Moon. I didn't think it was good. It wasn't until much later I found one I actually liked. Apparently that might be partially the fault of 4kids.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
The first one I watched all the way through was Martian Successor: Nadesico.

Yeah, that pretty well sealed the deal for me as an anime fan.

Edit: Oh, wait, I forgot about Samurai Pizza Cats. Best. Dub. Ever.

steelguy17

Aug 5, 2009
Voltron, I remember rushing home from elementary school so I could watch the last 10 to 25 minutes of the episode. I was severely bummed out when I got held up and couldn't make it home to watch it some days.

I owe all of my early exposure to anime to cartoon network with shows like rerouni kenshin, yuyu hakusho, dragonball z, big 0, and cyborg 009 just to name a few.

000jinx

Mar 8, 2011
Robotech, still my personal favorite. Granted back then I had no idea what anime was but still.