Your First Anime

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
My first anime was called Zoids.
I was like 7 at the time so I didnt actually learn what anime was until the 4th grade when I was 9 or 10.
Yes it made want to watch more, and I still do.

falcon1985

Aug 29, 2009
1. Gundam Wing.
2. Fluke, i saw it on some random channel once and descided i liked it.
3. I still watch anime, but only realistic ones (Initial D, Gundam, Robotech.) No fantasy magical power crap.

Iron_will

Feb 8, 2008
1) Jigoku Shoujo

2) One of my friends kept on pestering me to watch Yu Yu Hakusho, eventually I caved and went to the channel he pointed out where I could watch it. It bored me, so instead I watched the anime I mentioned.

3) Of course, and I tend watch more obscure animes' too.

Xaki

Sep 9, 2009
Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day.
The first non-dubbed anime I watched was either Gundam Wing or Evangelion.. can't remember which was first.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
Starke said:
1. Seven Cities of Gold, (technically it wasn't an anime in the same way Avatar isn't.)
Mysterious Cities of Gold was animated in Japan, it was just written in France.
Huh, could have sworn it was animated in Korea. Show's how faulty my memory is.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
1) Ghost in the Shell.
2) It was featured in a tv show on movies
3) I've spent thousands of euro's on figurines, DVD's and manga...

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
1.First anime that properly got me into anime was the first ghost in the shell(way before that there were things of a pokemon nature but yea)
2.It was one of thoses DVD magazenes that are bi weekly (you know the ones) and it was only 2£, the rest ass they say was history
3Yup now a big anime/manga person ( I mr=ean into it in a big way, I'm not fat)

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
1) Dragonball Z
2) I was zapping through some channels and there it was: Goku blasting a Kamahameha in all it's glory.
3) Definitely, I'm even following Dragonball Kai at the moment, even after watching the entire DB/DBZ/DBGT series several times, I just loved the drawing style and the violence (it made all the other stuff look pathetic).

C117

Aug 14, 2009
1: Pokémon
2: I saw some advertising about it on TV, and since I was such a Pokémon maniac when I was a kid, I just had to watch it.
3: No, but my SECOND anime, Elfen Lied, has really drawn me into the Anime World.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
My first was Pokémon, then I watched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop. At the moment I'm watching Lucky Star and Rosario + Vampire. I also watched the first episode of Elfen Lied, but it didnt really leave much of an impression.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
My first was dragonball Z which my younger brother got me into.

The funny thing is my brother left anime after dragonball z ended. However I stayed with anime to watch more. if only he knew the shows he was missing. Code geass, cowboy bebop, gurren laagan, bleach I could go on.

Edit: Almost forgot pokemon there was not a single person in my old primary school that did not watch that show or have any of the games for it.

we spent our breaks talking pokemon and playing trade battles on our gameboys.

Nearl36

Jul 30, 2009
The first anime I ever remember watching was A Wind Named Amnesia.
For Tv, it was Astroboy.
The two did make me want to watch more, but ultimately I haven't been watching as many in the last few years, as they all seem to be more marketed towards a foreign release than they ever were before.
More of the chicks with swords and guns and/or assassins/vampires/goth/emo/impossibly cool people doing whatever part of secret societies, etc, etc....
Well, many out there catch my meaning...

Then again, it was a hell of a long time ago when I first watched anime...

Way, way, way back. When having one of those old-school gigantic satellite dishes meant you could find damn near anything, provided you were willing to search through upwards of 10'000 different channels late-night to see what was on.

Sadly, the newer satellite systems have less of a selection per system than we used to have back in the 1980's for crying out loud...
You'd need 3 different satellite subscriptions just to get half the channels we used to take for granted...

I hate that. Then again, the internet tends to spoil people. Myself included...

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
1: Like most Americans of my generation; Sailor Moon
2: Network TV, Saturday mornings.
3: Yes, but we didn't have the internet at the time.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
1) Sailor Moon, Robotech, DBZ (On at about the same time
2) Toonami. Eventually moved to watching the Japanese subs.
3) Kinda? I watch similar anime now.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Unfortunately off all things, my first anime was Sailor Moon and I loved it back when I was 6 or 7. Then I discovered DBZ.