Your GOTY

NovaCascade

Oct 2, 2010
FOr me it must must must be Xenoblade Chronicles. I have not had this much fun with a game for a long time. Although, that may or may not change when I pick up Arkham City or when Skyrim comes out

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
poiumty said:
s0p0g said:
i go with Hard Reset, for rekindling the spirit of the golden age of shooters ^__^
sprint button, recharging shields, 2 weapons, superficial RPG elements, no crouch button and corridor-based levels

Where is this golden age you're talking about, exactly?
it's hard, has corridor levels, has tons of enemies in a couple of waves, has no chest-high-walls gameplay, it encourages jumping and running and shooting, and enemies drop power-ups to colect to not die

RPG elements? did i miss anything?

Apr 28, 2008
So far from the games I've played, Either Witcher 2 or Portal 2.

We'll see if it changes when I get Uncharted 3 and Saints Row 3.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
So far it's Deus Ex for me. But I did pre-order Arkham City for the PC. After I play that, I will see if Deus Ex remains at the top of my list.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
At time of writing, that award goes to Deus Ex: Human Revolution in my book, narrowly beating out Batman: Arkham City.

Of course I'm still waiting for the new Assassin's Creed, but as good as I think it will be, in the end it'll just be a polished version of AC2, meaning more of the same. Good, yes, but nothing I haven't seen before. That's why I pick DX:HR - on top of it being a great game, it was something I hadn't really played before, ever. (And don't you waggle your fingers at me, nostalgia buffs - I didn't play DX1 back in the day, so my point is not invalid.)

As for anyone possibly blaring 'Skyrim' in my direction... I'm not a huge fantasy fan anyway, and even though I'm resolved to play it, I'll wait until spring next year, so Bethesda will have had enough time to patch the five bajillion bugs their games typically suffer from at launch.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Marvel vs Capcom 3 for me. Nothing else has given me as many hours of enjoyment in a long time. Since Resident Evil4, actually.

Arkham City is a close second.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Portal 2. A level of perfection that has not been matched by any game this whole year. Every nanosecond of this game is pure gold.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
For now, Portal 2. Of course what with Skyrim and Saints Row the Third coming out in two weeks that is subject to change.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Portal 2. But I've yet to play Dark Souls, and Skyrim is still a week out -- though I'd be very surprised if either of those topped Portal 2.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Frozen Synapse! Best soundtrack of the year! Best aesthetic of the year! Most innovative gameplay of the year! Best goddam fun of the year!

Damn I love that game.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Broken Orange said:
I was about to say Gears Of War 3 but then I remembered Portal 2 and all its quotable goodness.

Code:
SPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEE!
Your avatar almost killed me you ***** Uncharted 3 baby. (although Skyrim SHOULD win for being itself)

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
poiumty said:
s0p0g said:
it's hard, has corridor levels, has tons of enemies in a couple of waves, has no chest-high-walls gameplay, it encourages jumping and running and shooting, and enemies drop power-ups to colect to not die

RPG elements? did i miss anything?
Hardly any "golden age" thing going on. RPG elements are dime-a-dozen nowadays, and I'd hardly call 5-7 enemies per encounter "tons".
i still must have missed the rpg-elements in hard reset, as i only saw a shooter there, but hey, who am i to judge.
five to seven? alrighty then, if that's the case then i cannot count, either :)

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I will only go off what i've played so far so won't bang on about Skyrim....

Witcher 2 gets my GOTY vote hands down.