Your GOTY

Megawat22

Aug 7, 2010
So far it's Dark Souls.
But Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Portal 2 have been great games as well.
Dead Island was a disappointment though...

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
s69-5 said:
Dark Souls. No contest.

Maybe Skyrim, but I'll only know that on a future date.

Xanadu84 said:
Portal 2. It gets overlooked because it was early in the year, but in terms of the design quality from start to finish, it is the most concentrated dose of genius you can find.
Outside of Dark Souls that is.
Yup, Dark Souls or Skyrim(we'll see)

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
Waiting for Skyrim to make a decision.

But so far it'd probably be Batman: Arkham City.
Portal 2 and Dungeon Defender's are close ones too.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Skyrim for sure. Runner up was Crysis 2. I played it in one sitting so it felt better.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
The only games that held my interest this entire year were Bulletstorm (Did that come out this year or last year?), Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, and Alice Madness Returns. As the sole person at my GameStop who walked into the Duke Nukem Forever and Alice Madness Returns launch party who yelled "TWELVE MORE YEARS" when I walked in, I kinda owe it to Alice.

The only competition Alice really has is the Saints.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
You know no one's said it but 2011 has actually been a great year so far for games. I'm kind of reminded of 1982, which released a ton of great films.

My personal pick is gonna be Skyrim. Because I'm a fanboy.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
I preemptively award GOTY to Saint's Row: The Third, for reasons that would be painfully obvious if it wasn't awesome.

I know it's not out yet, but I feel like doing that.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2, Shogun: Total War 2, Civilization V, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3 are the extremely honourable mentions, legitimate pretenders to Saint's Row's throne, even though two are not out yet. I bow before them all.

Darkwhite

Nov 15, 2010
Skyrim, it could be truly awful but I've been looking forward to it for years so i WILL like it.

CupboardNinja

Nov 30, 2010
I haven't played Skyrim or Uncharted 3 yet, and they could definitely change my mind, but so far it would definitely have to be Portal 2. That game was almost completely flawless.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Gears of war 3, simply because it's a fun and rewarding experience. Most of the time anyway.

Bulletsorm was also very fun, but suffered in longevity.

God I wish that Mass Effect 3 came out this year, because then I would give it to that.