Your greatest fear?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Fire.

I can't even use a lighter, turn on/off a stove, strike a match, or get near a open flame of any sort. Which made Chemistry class impossible in high school.
I totally sympathise. Once in chemistry our teacher put a lighter to a balloon full of highly volatile gas and it exploded. I screamed and cried my eyes out. Took me ages to stop the teasing.
And they wanted me to use the bunsen burner next.

Some kid pulled out his lighter after class and laughed as I flinched and backed away...

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

Some kid pulled out his lighter after class and laughed as I flinched and backed away...
Ouch. Proof how much high school sucks.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Ouch. Proof how much high school sucks.
Yep, but I took it and utilized the greatest defense ever:
Self Deprecation

He didn't even get a detention or anything...That fucker...

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
Ronwue said:
Dieing I suppose...
All fears are linked to dieing its true think about it
Heights-fall to your death
spiders-posin
ghosts-kill you
it is true if you are invinsibble you are scared of nothing because nothing can kill you or hurt you it is the true (and knowing is half the battle)

Sir Broccoli

Sep 17, 2008
Heights
Any insect that can sting
Capacitors (I had a bad experience involving a capacitor, a door and my brother who decided it would be a fun idea to mount a capacitor to a door. Ouch)

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
rottenbutter said:
Geek@Heart said:
rottenbutter said:
What about public speaking?
Oh yes. Public speaking can definitely kill you.

Heart attack from the stress.
But that's caused by the fear, not causing the fear.
Fine, be pedantic. And sorry that i didn't think it through before speaking, when this only meant to be a casual discussion on a gaming forum.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
Fine, be pedantic. And sorry that i didn't think it through before speaking, when this only meant to be a casual discussion on a gaming forum.
Um, do I detect some anger in that post? If there is, then I'm sorry for whatever it is I did.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
rottenbutter said:
Um, do I detect some anger in that post? If there is, then I'm sorry for whatever it is I did.
Sorry, get a bit defensive. My older brother has wikipedia in his head so constantly corrects me. It gets frustrating.

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Heights(if it's high enough I start to shake), Bees/Wasps(I hate those little bastards with every fiber of my being), Needles(I just really, really hate needles).

elemenetal150

Nov 25, 2008
I'm afraid of spiders and other people's blood but these are irrational fears. My real fear my greatest fear is the fear of failure

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
Fires. Even the smell of smoke can leave me in tears.
Interesting, I always find that a fire always comforts me, and makes me feel safe.

Mindex said:
My main fear is going blind. If i go blind, i would never be able to play video games, read, or use a computer.
Funny that,I'm terrified of going deaf. I could learn braille if I went blind, and there's more to life than video games.

I'd say that heights is a fairly sensible fear(in that falling from height isn't good), so it's not really a phobia - a phobia has to be an irrational fear.