Your greatest fear?

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
I'm claustrophobic also, so that. Another fear which stems from this, is once i was unfortunate enough to have Sleep Paralysis, so that to.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
rottenbutter said:
I have Agliophobia, fear of pain.

I really do not like pain.
Atvomat_Nikonov said:
Paralysis. I hate moving slow, Im always walking fast. If I was unable to move any part of my body, I would be freaked out. It would be hell for me.
Irridium said:
Bees, hornets, wasps, and any animal like them.

they freak the shit out of me
Pretty much this.... and spiders

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
liamlemon7 said:
Ronwue said:
Dieing I suppose...
All fears are linked to dieing its true think about it
Heights-fall to your death
spiders-posin
ghosts-kill you
it is true if you are invinsibble you are scared of nothing because nothing can kill you or hurt you it is the true (and knowing is half the battle)
All fears linked to death?
A woman at my mum's old work was scared of shirt buttons, explain that one!

As for my own fears... just pain really, anything that might hurt or injure me is off putting. I guess I'm a bit of a weeemp

Edit: also, ghosts don't kill you. They do in RPGs yeah but in real life, assuming they exist, there's not been any recorded cases of death by ghost. :)

bgkotka

Mar 17, 2009
Well... I'm afraid of hights... and I'm semi-clastrophobic...
... Oh yeah and WORMS!!!...
I hate those little *tries not to puke* moving things. In biology I was carrying paper bags so that I can puke in them and ... oh noez! *runs to the bathroom*
Ugh! It's definitly a fear, not a hatred. If I spot one I'm running 10 meters before stopping to see that it's not there.

Apr 28, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
Irridium said:
Bees, hornets, wasps, and any animal like them.

they freak the shit out of me
*shudder* I had a pretty nasty run in with a wasp when I was five, the little creep followed a piece of apple into my mouth, I still can't believe how lucky I was that it didn't sting me, could have caused my throat to swell up or something like that.

yeah, something like that happened to me, only when I grabbed the apple it stung my finger, right on the knuckle.
It sucked so much, I would rather have broken a bone than have gone through the pain after that sting.

Mindex

Oct 26, 2008
iain62a said:
Geek@Heart said:
Fires. Even the smell of smoke can leave me in tears.
Interesting, I always find that a fire always comforts me, and makes me feel safe.

Mindex said:
My main fear is going blind. If i go blind, i would never be able to play video games, read, or use a computer.
Funny that,I'm terrified of going deaf. I could learn braille if I went blind, and there's more to life than video games.

I'd say that heights is a fairly sensible fear(in that falling from height isn't good), so it's not really a phobia - a phobia has to be an irrational fear.
Ya you are correct, it is hard to take photographs when you are blind, i would hate to give up that hobby.

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
I hate spiders, I always have done.
I don't care if they are weeny ones or absolutely massive, I can't stand them!
I also hate clowns, so as you can imagine when my mum hires one for my 4th birthday, there were tears!

Darkintent

Mar 17, 2009
I know this is a non-gaming thread...
But ever since i played F.E.A.R ive taken to shooting infant girls if they so much as cough at me
DAMN YOU ALMA!

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
I am scared of what what happens after death, I personally am agnostic, I don't know what to believe but if anything, I'm can relate more with the atheists. Death in my view isn't scary, it's not knowing what happens to our conciousness that worries me. So my phobia is "The afterlife", or not.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
liamlemon7 said:
Ronwue said:
Dieing I suppose...
All fears are linked to dieing its true think about it
Heights-fall to your death
spiders-posin
ghosts-kill you
it is true if you are invinsibble you are scared of nothing because nothing can kill you or hurt you it is the true (and knowing is half the battle)
Not necessarily.

I don't fear dying as a result of getting eaten. I fear being alive after getting eaten.

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Fear itself....

Quite a few things I try and avoid but I haven't found anything I'm 'scared' of.

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
The overwhelming chav-culture. lol

On topic: Spiders, heights, needles and beards (Imagine a giant beard comes into your house on a warm summer afternoon with a magnifying glass, sets fire to itself and burns all your receipts for the financial year) (<--- cookie for anyone who knows where ths is from)

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Atvomat_Nikonov said:
Paralysis. I hate moving slow, Im always walking fast. If I was unable to move any part of my body, I would be freaked out. It would be hell for me.
Same here.........Things that jump at me in video games. Surviving the apocalypse or dying horribly in it. Anyone who has played one of those games should share my fear.

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
Death via oxygen deprivation, particularly drowning. Scares the shit out of me more than any other death for some reason. Doesn't seem to interfere when I go swimming, oddly enough.