Your greatest NEVER AGAIN achievement?

Miller iz Life

Oct 13, 2009
for sure the achievement in ODST firefight for recon. 2 hours per attempt and it took me 3 tries...we all had to go once, and then we messed up once...so we got it one try number three. 6 HOURS GONE! NEVER AGAIN

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
dont touch the sand I tried it three times without touching the sand... even during the boss fight and I didn't get it >:|

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Never again do I want to hunt all the Bobbleheads in Fallout 3.
Especially the endurance one, which forced you to traverse through the entire Dunwhich Building...*shudder*

To OP: Little rocket man in HL2: Ep Two. Or "Camera Shy" in Portal, where you had to knock off all the Cameras off the walls...it took me about four playthroughs to finally find them all.

EDIT: I also remember trying to complete "One Free Bullet" in HL2: Episode One, I finally did it after hours of get Combine soldiers with shotguns...then I DIDN'T GET THE GODDAMN ACHIEVEMENT!
I must've accidentally fired a shot somewhere...oh God, I was pissed.
on the half life 2 note, the go through ravenholm with only the gravity gun was sort of a *****, and even after i did it it didnt give me the achievement so i decided to give up on that one

seriously phase II for GoW 2.... no one should have to go through that much effort... 100,000 kills? that takes some serious grinding

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Bioshock on hard mode with no respawns, the Brass Balls achievement.

Hard mode just isn't fun in the beginning, all of the enemies have redonkulous health and smash so much of yours off in a few seconds.
Though, hitting people in the face with a wrench is still fun and more effective than bullets in Bioshock, it's just needlessly tedious with hard difficulty and no respawns and don't even get me started on the song and dance I needed to do to kill Big Daddies.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
The pigeon achievement in GTA4 made me hate a pretty good game.

There are some time-intensive achievements like the ally achievements in the original Mass Effect (huge pain in the balls and easy to miss), and the "fully upgrade every weapon" one in Dead Space, which required 3 playthroughs, I think. I didn't bother with the latter.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Gralian said:
What achievement on the 360 or PS3 caused you the most grief to obtain, so much so you'd never want to do it again?

For me, it has to be the Leonidas achievement in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. A boss that takes away 70% of your life in one move and regenerates his health after should not be permitted in a fighting game.
What about PC fool! We have achievements too!

Final Fall 0

Jun 7, 2010
The Aperture Science achievement from Portal. Earn a gold medal on all challenges? Seriously? E-even the "Least Step" ones? *Turns off Xbox and does something much more worthwhile*

Why do I care

Jan 13, 2010
AC2 getting all the DAMN feathers.

And Bioshock 2 beating hard with getting the "big brass balls" achievement.

Will never attempt that again.

Serges

Jul 15, 2010
I'm going to have to go with "Neighborhood Watch" from The Orange Box. It took me many tries, and many saves reloaded to get it.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
isawdrones said:
HassEsser said:
But the Mac does not have Left 4 Dead yet; yet, I say. However, I hear Source runs very badly on Mac. I would opt for PC, even a terrible PC can run VALVe games without much trouble. Of course, if you bought a really good Mac, it could run VALVe games no trouble, but with the money you just spent, you could have custom build 4 PC's 10x better than the Mac you just bought.
Ah, I know, but... I'm 16 and unemployed at the moment. Heh. By the time I finally get to make the switch, I'll be able to get some wacky, giant totally awesome desktop gaming Mac. By which time all of Valve's games and others should be available. At least, that's the dream, aha.

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree, but I 100% prefer the OS X. Even if for some it's not up to par with other PCs. So, although it'll cost a heck of a lot, it's worth it to me.
Well, whatever suites you. All I can say is computer gaming (Mac and PC, alike) is superior to console gaming. I am sure you will find this to be true in due time. And good luck with that.

OP (again): Beating Uncharted 2 on the hardest difficulty. Holy shit, I almost broke my controller in frustration. But, hey, I received a Platinum trophy out of the deal, so I am happy I pulled through.

The Furbinator

Jul 12, 2010
bigdode said:
zombiestrangler said:
Blowtorch and Corkscrew on veteran in WAW. That particular achievement made me quit the that game for at least a month or two. Damn grenade spamming bastards.
This and 'Heart of the Reich', namely the Part where you have to Blowup the 4 Anti-Tank Cannons, Took me 3 hours of Grenade Spam death to get through that...
Those of us who beat that level are a unique breed, we can never be real people again after the tear-inducing difficulty of Call of Duty: World at War.

OT: You may have been able to tell from my whine, but completing COD5 was my most hated achievement. The Halo ones are pretty annoying as well since I don't want to co-op the campaign with strangers so i trudge through legendary by myself.

Predlin

May 23, 2009
getting the Gaurdin Gnome achievement on Lfd2 on expert. even with 4 people it still took us an entire day of suffering to do it

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Kelorin said:
Dead Rising - 7 Day Survivor; 14 hours gameplay, no saves.
I never got it because my Xbox FROZE 12 HOURS IN!! I . . . I don't remember what I did and I am still trying to muster the strength to start over. (This was about a month after the game came out)