Your High School clique/group?

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
The nerds. Unfortunately that was basically.... maybe 5 people per class in high school, and my school in total had just under 800 people going.

Popadomus Ohio

Apr 21, 2010
i'm probably in the nerd catagory. i'm currently sat in the work room at my Sixth form college watching the masculine sports man guys playing cricket in the same room as me. some of the generic cool guys are sat working ansd grinning at each other and how awesome they are.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I guess I would now be classed as an "Inbetweener", wasnt nerdy enough to be one of those, but wasnt cool enough to be that either, I just mixed with them all

Tekkawarrior

Aug 17, 2009
The middle-easterners.

Also, on a related topic, yesterday I was watching something about new cliques forming in the US, and stumbled upon these guys
<a http://www.kens5.com/news/Teen-wolves-in-San-Antonio-94015234.html>Warewolf clique

I would like to also give credit to someone who has mentioned it prior to this post, @Nurb

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
We weren't really the nerds or geeks. Cause only some of us were school smart. But we weren't loners (where we hang out though is apparently called "The Loner Corner") as we had at least 18 people that would hang out all at once sometimes. But I guess, we were deemed the losers from the preps (jocks). Only because in our group was a sub-group which liked to do parkour in front of our school...which all they really did was jump over benches.

We also talked about really everything, and whenever a prep would insult us, we'd fight back. We had emo's, punk, scene, normal, and video game nerds in our group.

The twist is, I'm currently in High School!

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
Errr, I guess the Smart Kids? Or maybe the geeky ones. But thats really just my personality, in school everyone associates with each other e.g. My friend is in the football team and is a mathlete

Harn

Nov 19, 2009
Jeeze, it's been awhile... lets see... does loner count as a clique? I mean, it's not like I hung out with other people... or talked to other people... or had any contact with another human being except to glare at them when they looked at me.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
We never really had any cliques at my high school. The Year 13s were all friends with each other, the Year 12s hung out together, and some students had inter-year level friendships going (as they should). I mean, the closest thing we had to a clique was me and my mates. We were the closest thing to geeks in the school, and yet we were still fairly popular and could effortlessly mingle with everyone else. There wasn't any sports-based cliques like jocks or anything. It was all good.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Not really a clique, just a group of people with different points of intersection regarding interests like gaming, sarcasm, movies, anime (was a bigger thing for me back then) and or music.

Was a very diverse group too, only in part the geeks you'd expect

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
mrhappyface said:
All schools have some sort of cliques. People who sit together at lunch, share a common interest, friends generally. Some are rather defined, such as Jocks, Nerds, etc. But for me, I never really was in a clique. I was affiliated with every single one, and was on friendly terms with all of them, well except for the otakus and emos, who hated my guts. (But that's okay because no one else liked them anyways. Goths didn't mind me however) I knew most of the Jock guys from PE, the Video Game Nerds from the computer lab, the Band Geeks from Band, the Cheerleaders from various classes, student government people from gifted classes, and etc. I never really affiliated or attached myself to any of these cliques. But usually, I ate lunch with some of my neighbors unless one of my others friends dragged me over.
Well since no one really hated me, well except for the anime nerds, I had a pretty cruise High School session? What clique did you affiliate yourself with?
How does that make it okay? I'm not against you or anything, I just don't get how your thinking right there.

hipholyte

Nov 25, 2007
At the start of highschool it was a pretty traditional geeks/jocks/normal people split

Now it's pretty much everybody mingling and five or so sporty people refusing to talk to anybody else

DenSomKastade

May 12, 2010
I was in the nerdy group, but we are not picked on or so we just tend to isolate ourself from the rest. It's kinda of complicated because most of are kinda sporty too.

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
Syntax Error said:
I am my own clique.

^^This, basically

I would talk and sit with some people sometimes at lunch, but most often I ate my lunch outside on the veranda alone. I never got into lunchroom politics. But outside of school is different; when we hang out at a mall or go somewhere to eat, I can talk and laugh with them like we were friends for years. Mostly, I keep in touch with my elementary school friends, visiting them every few weeks or so.

I don't have trouble making new friends or socializing... it's just that school makes me feel very antisocial.