Your High School clique/group?

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Im in group of four people and we dont really belong anywhere, we have piece of probably everything and I am probably the nerdy one but even I am not complete nerd. My class is so great because there isnt any stereotype. No bullies, no complete nerds or anything like that. Maybe only sub-stereotypes like metalists or guys who smoke weed.

Assassinscreed548

Jan 16, 2010
I lead a double life, nerd by night, badass by day :) *proud and sarcastic face, just in case anyone takes this seriously and starts flaming me*

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
We had groups, but everyone got along and mingled from time to time. But I hung out with the metalheads/rockers/(pot) smokers most, and probably The Gamers afterwards.

I was also part of The Sarcastic Ones, even though that wasn't a group. Just different people being sarcastic.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
mrhappyface said:
All schools have some sort of cliques. People who sit together at lunch, share a common interest, friends generally. Some are rather defined, such as Jocks, Nerds, etc. But for me, I never really was in a clique. I was affiliated with every single one, and was on friendly terms with all of them
I'm in kind of the same situation, but I eat lunch with my own group. We're not really defined, we just like the same stuff.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
My school didn't really have cliques. Oh, we had the categories -- jocks, stoners, nerds, musicians, drama kids, etc., but there was so much overlap that nobody belonged to just one group, or even "just" three. In college on the other hand, I am part of something you could call a clique, but that's mainly because it's a group that spends most of its time in group. It's also bigger than all but two or three entire departments at the college (Community college, relatively small departments). We refer to ourselves as "The Group," and if one were to give it a traditional title, it would be nerds. The thing is, there really are no other cliques on campus, except, as I said, groups made up of entire departments, such as the Music or Nursing department. It would be more accurate to call it a group of 30+ individuals who share common interests.

The Mick

Dec 16, 2008
We were the assholes we made fun of everyone else and each other every second of the day. We weren't what you'd call popular because we hated that in fact we hated everything but people would always come around and hang out with us we had our hands in everything and were connected to everyone. Everyone liked us and we hated everyone, it was good times like in that 70's show but in current day loudmouth slackers really sums it up I guess.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
Goth. My high school life was a pitch black maw of apathy, hatred and nihilism entombed within a never ending purgatory of annoyance and disgust from which there could be no escape. And hot goth chicks. There were a lot of those too.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
I don't believe that's entirely true(I have friends who currently live in the UK who just graduated from secondary school).

Every school on earth has "groups" regardless if they look or wear anything different or not.

I think cliques have less to do with barriers than they do about a group of friends/friends-of-friends who have similar interests, hobbies,identities within a school environment.

My interests are diverse, so I got along with many people and never truly fit into any such semi-group or sub-culture.

I went to a school where everyone wore uniforms(I'm American), and "cliques" were still there despite the school's small size and emphasis on unity, friendship, community ect.

I think it's more of a teenage/young adult phenomenon in pluralistic society.

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
As a fairly friendly person and a generally likeable guy (if I do say so myself), no one at school expressly doesn't like me unless they don't like anyone (read: the hipsters that are all legitimately huge assholes). But yeah, my main clique is of course the nerds that get shunned by the other cliques with cooler kids in 'em, but because I played rugby this year and was pretty damn good at it (once again if I do say so myself) all the jocks really like me and so my social standing shot up just in time to get a girl WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my league to go to prom with me and we are seeing eachother still (I convinced her to try Portal and now I have to beg her to get off her computer so we can actually go do stuff).

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Hmm it was pretty much the cool kids, dumb pricks, plastics (orange fake-tan girls), normals, goth-like. That was the case up till 16, then 16-18 it was just cool and normal (with the plastics in the cool) it was about a 50:50 split though. I was in the normals, well I would say that. Proms weren't that important (being in the UK) unless you were a plastic and hired a limo, no-one really went with someone else, and my gf was from another school in the same city.