Your High School clique/group?

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Our cliques are ill-defined, my group, for example, is me (smart), an english/law buff (also smart), a techno/car/law guy, a traceur, a couple soccer players, a rugby player, one of those ex-silent types, an AFL player and two ex-AFL players (one of them is me, the other is a math-freak), an arty-guy, and a rugby-martial-arts-funny guy.

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
omega_peaches said:
I'm not in highschool yet
=D
But surely there must be cliques in high/middle school! These things start in kindergarten, they're just not labeled yet.

OT: I usually spent lunchtime in the library or classroom by myself. I did get the 'nerd' tag in year 12 though.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
In Highschool I hung out with the "nerd" clique, even though I'm not really a nerd myself (Nerds are smart). But before highschool...
*thinks back*
In junior high, I didn't really associate with anyone and in middleschool me and my friends were just random. But to answer your question: I was with the "nerds" a lot, so yes I did belong in a "clique".

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
We were 'semi-nerds', we played loads of nerdy video games, but countered it out by being class clowns. We were crap at sports, but countered that with not playing Dungeons and Dragons.

EDIT: and it should be mentioned, that Aussie high schools are completely different

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
True Story:

My group of people was referred to - by our history teacher, no less - as "The Quiet Girls".

darkorion69

Aug 15, 2008
Gaming nerds (mostly D&D) who went on to become some of my best friends that always have my back later in life. I noticed the 'popular kids' didn't stick together at all at my HS Reunions. I guess making fun of us all made us closer friends?

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Yeah, all my friends are the nerds. Most of us are gamers too, we're in all the higher up subjects, make math jokes, and genuinely find them funny. Whatever, I don't really believe in "labels," but we do fit almost perfectly into the nerd description.
Oh, and these are the guys I play D&D with occasionally.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
I was friends with a majority of the year if i'm honest, I was into Rock, but I was also intelligent and Captain of the Rugby Team, and threw the Javlin for the Athletics team.

It's nice being popular ^_^

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I hate cliques.

Seriously. All they do is create social barriers. I'd rather be friends with everybody.

But for some reason, that open mind has always lead to me being friends with the nerdy group (which is fair, since I'm pretty nerdy - for a guy with dreads).

Apparently you have to be a snob to certain other groups, just to be almost anywhere else.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
There aren't really any groups like that at my school, because everyone tries to be the same person. Take a look through a Jack Wills catalogue, and you'll see the person I mean.

Newberg

May 1, 2010
There were only a few cliques, that being the Asian girls, ROTC, and the Samoans. Everyone else was connected through a large, weaving, social web. Our school had like, pride in it's diversity or whatever. Our friends were all mixed together pretty well.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
I'd go for Jock, but the less sporty kind.
I would always be the one playing basketball picking up the ladies and having friends.

Well, what else is school for ey?

ShadowWolf93

Jul 24, 2009
I think if my group and I absolutely had to be grouped we'd be an unusual hybrid, cause we're half nerdy, half popular, sporty, slightly eccentric types...think a collection of Tony Starks, but without the awesome facial hair. Yes we're nerdy, but even then there are the nerdier groups that aren't so popular, but they're pretty cool, we get along with them. We get along with everyone, except for the otaku and the goths coincidentally. I think we avoid the goths to be kind, it might speed them on their way cause we're all slightly too happy/hyper. I can't understand why. I'll go now, I need to finish the gummy-bear pizza left over from last night.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Used to sit in the social area playing poker through most of my later school years where I had, y'know, more than 2 or 3 close friends. Maybe have a friendly game of football or something if it was sunny - so whatever group that puts me in.

Of course in early high school I was absolutely part of the geek clique :D

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
mrhappyface said:
All schools have some sort of cliques.?
Not really. These things seem to be an American Phenomenon. Perhaps it's because in the UK most schools require uniforms, or we're less polarised or something.