Your Ideal Skyrim DLC

GN000QT

Oct 21, 2011
Everything everyone else has said. Seriously I can't come up with anything that can beat all I just read without being out right ridiculous.

(Still want my solid black Akaviri sword.)

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
RedxDecember said:
I'm not even close to completing Skyrim, and I've really only completed the Dark Brotherhood questline. I know I shouldn't be talking about DLC when I'm only level 28, but I can't help it.

What's you ideal Skyrim DLC?

Mine personally would be taking a look into the Elsweyr and the skooma production. I know they really weakend Skooma in Skyrim by it not being a drug and all, but I sure do like Khajits. Maybe another Daedra land could be created too? Maybe even we could through a Oblivion gate for one more round of Daedroth ass kicking? I'm way too excited and tired to think straight, so I'm asking you good people of the Escapist to share your ideas.
Oh, and fuck horse armor.
I would cough up my septims for anything involving multiplayer, modding on consoles or Access to other countries.. that last one would actually be amazing... although it would take several billion years to make, It would be beautiful to go back hometo Cyrodiil..

On a more realistic note, Anything that adds a shitload of new quests and new weapons would be fine for me.. I liked how in oblivion they had DLC for certain things, like if you were into magic you could get the Wizards Castle one or what ever it was called.. I liked that one.

FurinKazanNZ

Dec 30, 2009
Completely different enviornments. Ruins, caves, mountains and pastures are all very well and good, but I want SWAMPS and maybe DESERTS aand... underwater cities or something. More to explore please!

gman1448

Mar 18, 2011
I would like to see a DLC about Dwarves and where they went. Did they go to some other land? Did they go to the Skyrim heaven, whatever it's called, I can't remember the name. I'm level 50 and I almost have all the achievements, but I still keep playing. Ima total scorewhore and it's rare when I play a game after I 100% it. This one will defiantly be on that list along with Bethesda's other Greats like Oblivion and Fallout. Fallout 3, not that shitty New Vegas shit not even made by the creators of Fallout 3, but I digress. I would like to go deeper into the dwarven history and maybe even talk to a living one, if they still exist.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I am honestly both surprised and overjoyed to see not just that plenty of other people here want co-op in Skyrim, but the absence of infuriated warbling about why it should never happen. It almost makes me feel like RPG gamers are growing out of the "everything should be the way I like it and no other way, for my way is best" phase.

Of course, the threads about Mass Effect 3 go a long way to damaging my faith in my fellow gamers on that topic, but there you have it. I guess Skyrim is so damn good that even ardent single-player-ONLY gamers can see why people might want to share the adventure with friends.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
A dragon follower with a decent questline and new home attached would be nice. Wouldn't even need to be a full sized dragon, i'd be happy with a fire breathing whelp hovering beside me.

An arena. Especially if it could be multiplayer.

Or one where you find the last remaining society of uncorrupted falmer. So they're as they were before the whole slavery thing. Perhaps they'd be so self-mighty they'd defeat the thalmor of encroaching on their style...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
thiosk said:
I love stronghold quests.

You know the type. You become the jarl or whatever, and its your duty to officiate the rebuilding of a small hamlet and hold to an economic powerhouse.

I also want museum quests. Where the guy wanted some of the strangest trash items in the game world for display.
It would be cool if in some DLC you were the Jarl of a small town, at least you always have a safe haven if shit hits the fan...

Also i agree with someone who mentioned the Armour, i mean good lord man, i don't want to look like a deadric prince, GIMME SOME PALADIN ARMOUR!

Also going to small parts of Cyrodill and Morrowind would be nice.

ishist

Jul 6, 2010
ace_of_something said:
I want to go to Morrowind. Everyone keeps acting like it's Hell on Earth... err Tameril.

Happy upcoming Hanukkah from captcha!
Tamriel is the continent, planet is called Nirn

/geek

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Maybe a DLC like Shivering Isles, also maybe alter smithing a little? By that I mean how cool would it be to customize your weapons even further? Say you make some ebony armour, and you have a couple of gold ingots on you, you could give the armour a gold trim, and maybe with the weapons have 2 or 3 variations so that there is some choice, say with the iron sword, do we want a straight broadsword, or maybe a longsword, or something that curves a bit more?

Also DLC that introduces bigger and tougher dragons, i say bigger mainly to make the fights feel more epic

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
I haven't even bought the game yet, will get it for Christmas. I don't think I would ever have time to play DLC anyway, this game seems like it will occupy me for a year along with Portal 2 (they are my two planned Christmas games).

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I'd like a perk or equivalent like the Wild Wasteland trait from Fallout: New Vegas that adds random pop-cultural/internet references.

These could include the aforementioned 'arrow to the knee' disease and perhaps certain battle taunts by enemies being changed to humourous references- instead of "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" they could shout "THIS... IS... SKYRIM!" You get the point.

@gman1448- the mystery of the Dwemer's disappearance was mostly resolved in Morrowind.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
I've got a really good one. Well, in my opinion I've got a really good one.

Since Nords are based on Vikings (well I think they are), and we see the presence of the East Empire Trading Company in Skyrim... You see what I'm getting at!!!

PIRATE/VIKING expansion. We've already seen Daedric planes and there's not a lot of water content in Skyrim. Just a few things I'd love to see in such an expansion:

1. Moving ships. Possibly cannons on those ships (Dwemer cannons, anyone?) Possibly sinkable/destructable ships. I have a feeling the engine won't allow for any of this, since they can't even get ladders to work.

2. Epic Water Monsters... Sea Dragons. Krakens. Leviathans. War Turtles. Giant..."insert water creature here." Peferably scripted single time bosses so it's not so loose in structure and it remains an epic memory 10 years from now rather than annoyance you want to forget, i.e. how dragons should have been.

3. Since Skyrim's in the North of Tamerial, we could always see an invasion of some sorts from a new race, from a different continent. Or scrap the invasion aspect. I'm sick of invasions. I just want to RP! Maybe a distant relative of the Argonians. But rather than evolving in swamp land they evolved in/near the ocean.

4. Water element (magic). Summon forth a dragon made of water straight from the sea. Tidel wave Dragon shout. Turn water into ice for a short period... Water based weapons and possibly armour. That could be a side quest; collect a full set of legendary water gear.

5. Obviously you'd want Nords and the East Empire Trading company to have some form of presence in the expansion. These particular Nords should probably be a little more barbaric and isolated from Skyrim's typical Nords. I want to see some pirate action. This could be one of several 'main questlines'. Pick your faction, baby! With the mention of more barbaric Nords, give us a new armour/weapon set based on Vikings but a little more... exotic. I'm also with the idea of Aedric armour and weapons.

6. Along with icebergs, I'd love to see some sort of 'Waterworld' towns (google the movie), floating in the ocean. Possibly some underwater towns (i.e. see Star Wars).

7. Flyable Dragons. I understand why they might not have been included in the original game. But with something like this, I see no excuse... Well, unless the engine wouldn't handle it.

I have more but that'll do for now.

EDIT: I'll just leave these here. (Images)

Apr 5, 2008
Truth be told, I'd prefer NO DLC at all and get two-three nice expansion packs like Morrowind had. DLC is crap compared to a proper 20-25 hour expansion, the chance to step back into my hero/heroine's shoes and take on new challenges, enemies and missions, replete with new gear, spells and places. New textures for the toolset, etc.

If we have to have DLC, then I'd like to see a handful of things.
One DLC to add an entirely new guild (Morag Tong maybe?). That means new unique armours, NPCs and a lovely quest chain.
One DLC to add new quest chains to existing guilds.
One DLC to be a weapon/armour/clothing pack - Love variety and as much as I'm enjoying the quantity on offer as fan made mods, some new gear from the pros would be great
Lastly, some new spells and/or shouts. Oh and Golden Saints please.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Jimmy T. Malice said:
I'd like a perk or equivalent like the Wild Wasteland trait from Fallout: New Vegas that adds random pop-cultural/internet references.

These could include the aforementioned 'arrow to the knee' disease and perhaps certain battle taunts by enemies being changed to humourous references- instead of "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" they could shout "THIS... IS... SKYRIM!" You get the point.

@gman1448- the mystery of the Dwemer's disappearance was mostly resolved in Morrowind.
No it wasnt? They've stated several times that they dont know exactly why the Dwemer disappeared, even the last living Dwemer doesnt know himself

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Arkley said:
Well, first of all, and most realistically, I'd like some high level armour and weapons that don't look fucking evil. I mean, I'm here with my sword, shield, heavy armour and healing magic, never stole anything or killed anyone who didn't hit me first, bein' all holy-knight-ish...

...in my jet black spiky evil nether-realm draedic prince getup. Can I get something in white, please?
That's just it though. You got all of your equipment from killing Icky-bad Naughty McEviltons. You're surprised that they own evil looking things? Frankly, I'd argue it makes no sense for them to drop anything even remotely resembling good guy stuff.
That being said, you should be able to reforge stuff to look however the hell you want to, given you take an appropriate crafting skill.

Also, I would like the Mudcrab Armor to become a reality.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
First a patch so all the PS3 people would stop bitching.

Second, I think something along the lines of the Underdark expansion for Neverwinter Nights. Have a Dwemer ruin open up into a huge cavernous DLC expansion quest area so you can fast travel.

Aside from Falmor and Dwemer ruins, there can be underground lakes and rivers, a lost Dwemer tribe fighting for survival or you can hear out the Falmor who are non-feral who are fighting against their former slave-masters the last of the Dwemer. There can also be a tribe of vampires who have escaped the trouble with daylight.

There can also be underground lava flows and geysers, underground forests (maybe giant glowing mushrooms) and an underground dragon which is being blamed for earthquakes by the Blades which is what sends you down there in the first place.

There should be some more new enemy types as well, not just Dwemer constructs and Falmor and spiders and Charrus. And a couple new types to keep it new.

Acting like a FOOL

Jun 7, 2010
It's probably going to bn investigation of the the mythical island of the Psijic order which is mentioned in the mage college quest line.