Your irrational fear.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'm not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of sudden stops at high velocity. I don't know if that's irrational but it does make me nervous in otherwise safe situations.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Bees/wasp's and their likes! Annoying sound, and hell-bent over zealous suicidal attackers they are!

Murky waters, for some reason. Fear of the unknown is a *****. Also, your mobility is severely limited in the water.

Edit: I see a lot of you hating spiders. But they are the enemy of your enemy (other bugs), rejoice in their vicious killing and eating!

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
New Vegas Samurai said:
lots of holes... Like one of those shells that have holes riddled all around, I have no idea why that irks me so much
Trypophobia

Google it if you dare.

Flizzick

Jun 29, 2011
Old people. Seriously, you try walking through a nursing home and not getting creeped out by all the weird sounds/smells/secretions/what have you they make, not to mention the fact that they could all keel over at any given moment.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Any pressure to my inner arm terrifies me. I'm okay with pretty much any other body part. It was quite funny at hospital once, I got hooked up to an IV on the back of the hand with a big ol' needle and was totally fine. A small needle on my inner arm for a blood test had me literally vomiting in fear.
It can be very difficult to restrain me, as I will happily dislocate my shoulder to get my arms free of pressure.
As a side effect of this, I pretty much refuse to wear short sleeved clothing outside.

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
I can talk to people in person and I can text/IM no problem. But I'm terrified to speak to people over the phone. And I have no idea why but it freaks me the fuck out

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Does intimacy count?

I'm an extremely logical rational person, the only spiders I fear are the ones I know can kill me round here (brown recluse and black widow) same thing with snakes, heights only bother my if my footing is poor. When it comes to women, I've been burned pretty bad a few times; so, I wouldn't call it irrational instead call it trauma induced fear. It's not like I hyperventilate or tense up around women, I just avoid where at all possible.

Oh and swarms flaming clown spiders, but that's just my rational fear of the irrational acting up.

ParanoidAndroid

Apr 2, 2011
I can't walk past lawnmowers without covering my face because I always think that a stone or something will get caught in the blade and hit me in the eye. I don't even know how it started.

Keneth

Oct 14, 2011
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Ridiculously small spaces. I would say extreme claustrophobia, because normal claustrophobia is being afraid of inclosed spaces, not my fear of 'so inclosed that you can't breathe'. hate the idea of being trapped and unable to move while I suffocate or die of hydration. Like this.
Mine is very similar. I don't like being tied, held down, or otherwise prevented from moving. Any time this happens I freak out, violently.

I know the source of this fear too. Several times, when I was very young (5-6yo) my older brother (11-12yo) tied me up with a jump rope and tossed into a very small linen closet for several hours. 'Cause he was an asshole.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I'm afraid that one day I'll wake up from a dream where I was running around in public bare-beam-and-butt-naked------ONLY TO FIND THAT IT WASN'T A DREAM, AFTER ALL!!!!

Captcha: ZARA describe this brand with any word(s)

Have the internet advertisements taken over the Escapist's Captcha???? Seriously, I've never seen or heard of a messed up Captcha like this one.

EDIT:

OT: I do have one irrational fear: Every so often I think of some moment or situation (typically involving something that ONLY I would happen to remember) where I embarrassed myself, or that I look back on and cringe at the memory of, and worry that someone who was there will bring it up and embarrass me in front of others.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Not really irrational but, just any scary faces just looking me straight in the eye will make shit spew.

Never playing that game again. Nope nope nope.

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
I got irrational fer ya, butterflies. Yup, I'm horrified by those things. And moths to, but their daytime brethren in evil are way worse... They suck your essence out of you when they land on you!!

sr.orgasmo

Oct 17, 2011
konor77 said:
Disabled people especially mentally disabled, they freak me out. That's pretty irrational I guess. Actually I have a few others now that I think about it. I hate being in a room with an open door and I have a fear of my memories turning out to be false.
I am disabled so i gotta ask, why?

JeffBergGold

Aug 3, 2012
konor77 said:
Disabled people especially mentally disabled, they freak me out. That's pretty irrational I guess.
I actually have this one as well. It's not an intimidation type of fear where I'm scared of them causing harm to me.

I just have this unsubstantiated feeling that someone who's autistic, mentally ill, spergy, emotionally unstable or something along those lines will go crazy and do something destructive. Especially unsupervised (Internet is a good example)

Awkward people: I always fear encountering an awkward person or a group of awkward people in a social situation. I've also noticed awkward people tend to be pretty violent, a lot of mass killers are usually identified as awkward by people associated with them.

White Knights: I believe they are by far the scariest male archetype out there. These guys will do anything for female attention and place women on a pedestal as if they are not human.

konor77

Aug 26, 2009
sr.orgasmo said:
konor77 said:
Disabled people especially mentally disabled, they freak me out. That's pretty irrational I guess. Actually I have a few others now that I think about it. I hate being in a room with an open door and I have a fear of my memories turning out to be false.
I am disabled so i gotta ask, why?
It really depends on the disability, amputees and the like aren't a problem but once the body starts to get deformed, like say downs syndrome sufferers i start to get frightened. I think it's an uncanny valley type thing.

Burig

Nov 8, 2010
Roroshi14 said:
I got irrational fer ya, butterflies. Yup, I'm horrified by those things. And moths to, but their daytime brethren in evil are way worse... They suck your essence out of you when they land on you!!
My brother is the same. It's weird. I'm not scared of them, just that they're really delicate and I dont want to break their leg or something. D: And they're really pretty, how can you not like them? Moths aren't so pretty, so I can understand not liking them.

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
Burig said:
Roroshi14 said:
My brother is the same. It's weird. I'm not scared of them, just that they're really delicate and I dont want to break their leg or something. D: And they're really pretty, how can you not like them? Moths aren't so pretty, so I can understand not liking them.
Oh the terrifying story of why. I was four and went to a huge butterfly house with my cousin (who is also afraid) when a queen bird wing butterfly (over a foot in wingspan) flew into my face and scared me and her, she ran out and ditched me there for what seems like hours (probably not that long but hey I was 4).