your last game purchase? was it worth it?

Sgt_Jakeman214

Jul 19, 2010
My last purchase was Guitar Hero 5 and the guitar for it at $40 used. I'd rather the money go to EB Games (Australia) over Activision. I hate Activision just that little bit more than I hate EB Games, and there are no other game stores where I live. Steam and I have a love/hate relationship, in that Steam loves to make me hate it.

But yeah, my sis and I play the songs and have great amounts of fun with it. We make my Dad Nostalgia so hard when we play the songs he grew up listening to and rocking out ot in his army days. Its so much fun!

E.Blackadder

Apr 26, 2011
Wings of Honour-Battles of the Red Baron
Quite possibly the biggest waste of fracking money in my life! Even for 2006 it's terrible. It was a filler for Rise of Flight, but it is not worthy even for that task!

Dingo John

Mar 26, 2011
An offer (on Steam) I couldn't refuse.

Hitman: Codename 47 - 2,50?
Hitman: Silent Assassin - 2,50?
Hitman: Bloodmoney - 2,50?

Contracts wasn't even included in the offer, it sucks too much...

I AM SO HAPPY I BOUGHT THIS ! Not only are the games epic and never gets old, it holds so much nostalgia to me. And the price was just too good to be true. It's like the price of a beer in my favorite bar per game. Of course that meant I could buy three less beer the thursday after buying it..

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Zeno Clash. It was only ?3 on steam, and it's got some cool psychedelic visuals, so yeah it was worth it.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Persona 3 FES, it's awesome but i keep comparing it to Persona 4 since I keep noticing all the basic stuff that Persona 4 improved on

Still i can't blame a sequel for being better than it's predecessor and P3 is still totally awesome and i still haven't even started The Answer yet (what another 30 hours?)...
Yeeep. And just a warning; those 30 hours are basically grinding. Don't get me wrong, I really liked The Answer because it was just that. Answers haha, buuuuut...grinding man.

Last game I bought was 2 days ago and that would be Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. So far I think it was worth it. I mean, I'm enjoying it so yeah.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
On console I bought Bad Company 2, not worth it considering most games are empty, and those that aren't empty are filled with CoD kids that try to play other gamers.

On PC I bought Warhammer 40K Dawn of War Anthology, I love the game but I bought it in a games magazine where I live and this magazine is known for selling games that don't work sometimes, so I can install the original game and Winter Assault but I can't play Dark Crusade =( .

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Sword of the Stars. I heard good things about it, but wasn't sure as I hadn't played a 4X Space Strategy game since Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (which I loved). After not getting the chance to play it for a couple of days after I bought it I finally got a chance to play, and have clocked up 14 hours over 2 days (I had to stop to go to work, or it would have been longer). A great game, and I'm definitely getting the Sequel.

Also, as an aside, does anyone know if Star Trek: BotF is available online from a digital distribution service? All the physical copies I've seen are quite expensive, and I lost my original one when I moved house.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
The last game I bought was TLoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D.
Haven't decided if it was worth it yet, haven't played it too much as I have to use my sister's 3DS.

... I never actually played the N64 OoT.

ikabodjohn

Jun 30, 2011
Hunted demons forge, huge let down, don't get why Bethesda would put their name to it.
Having a tank who couldn't take a hit was just ridiculous.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Yea, I'm having great fun with it. But I would recommend playing AssCreed 2 first, so you get Ezio's complete story.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
ikabodjohn said:
Hunted demons forge, huge let down, don't get why Bethesda would put their name to it.
Having a tank who couldn't take a hit was just ridiculous.
Yea, that game was shit. Only played 15 minutes or so before I put the controller away in disgust.

Norris IV

Aug 25, 2010
COD4 for £4 (coincidence?) And seeing as I've finally got the glatic warfare mod working on yet, oh god yes! :D

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Deus Ex for £1.35 in the Steam Summer Camp sale. For a game that was made around 1999 it's pretty good but also quite easy, but then again, I think I'm playing it wrong i.e. running round gunning everyone does not count as tactical espionage.

Typhoonis88

Nov 24, 2009
chromewarriorXIII said:
$13.99 for Metro 2033. Was it worth it? Eh... It seems like it's a good game, but I'm having so much trouble getting into it that I'm not sure whether or not it was worth it.
I got Metro 2033 with the Entire THQ pack and to be honest i have about 40 minutes of playtime put in it and I don't see myself picking it up again not very impressed with it.

Last Purchase Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (game of the year edition)(lost my original about 2 years ago)

I believe i forked out 20$ for this and so far my playtime is at the 50 hr mark with 2 campaigns to go. Value for money? hell yes! Amount of time finding myself staying up a bit too late on a weekday? Large as well.

Although its depressing to say the least there will never be a number 4.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Sanctum. Was it worth it? I dunno. My friend told me to buy it and said it was an FPS tower defense, so yeah, it's probably worth the $3.75 I spent on it...

neo34

Mar 11, 2009
Metroid: Other M

Do I have to say anything else? (Back to pretending it doesn't exist, la la la la la)