Your memory hole

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's confusing to see the title 'Left Behind' on the main menu of The Last of Us, seeing as no such content was ever released.

And it's a good thing the Alien from Alien never got some silly name or a link to ants and bees. That would've fucking sucked. And I'm glad Ripley didn't have some stupid dead kid to create an unneccesary mother/daughter bond between her and Newt. How corny would that have been, right?!

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm glad Marvel never went through with their idea of letting Kathryn Immonen write Runaways. I'm not fond of the stuff I've read by her.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
The first season of Darker than Black was great. I can't wait to see where they go with the second.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Wow, Resident Evil 4 was really good, it was a bit more actiony than the last games, but it still has a creepy atmosphere and the action set pieces are soooooo good. I mean, those siege sections of the game were balls to the wall awesome.

Shame we will never see a sequel, Capcom stood by their decision to only release it on the Gamecube, it can't have sold that many copies and they decided to kill the franchise. I'm really disappointed, I mean if Resident Evil 4 was this good, just imagine how good the sequels could of been following this formula.

Same with the Dead Space franchise, 2 didn't sell that well and it got killed off. Fucking EA. But to be fair, at least they ended Isaac Clarke's story, at least we got closure which is more than I can say about some games. I don't know where they could possibly of taken his story from there, so 2 good games a decent ending, I'm happy.

CitizenLame

Oct 9, 2014
I'm sure glad Metallica called it quits after S&M. There was no way they could have ever possibly topped that album / concert.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
I've always found it weird that the Star Wars movies are titled Episode IV, V and VI. So were did I, II and III go?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
There's rumours that Metallica did an album with Lou Reed. It's so farfetched and such a terrible idea that it couldn't possibly be true, could it? I mean, who the hell even wants that? It would be a massive heap of shit from start to finish and I can't figure out why anyone thought such a thing was necessary.

spoonybard.hahs

Apr 24, 2013
TheRightToArmBears said:
There's rumours that Metallica did an album with Lou Reed. It's so farfetched and such a terrible idea that it couldn't possibly be true, could it? I mean, who the hell even wants that? It would be a massive heap of shit from start to finish and I can't figure out why anyone thought such a thing was necessary.

No way! I though Metallica disappeared after the Black Album.

CitizenLame

Oct 9, 2014
TheRightToArmBears said:
At least they never went out and publicly insulted their fans.

Theodora

Oct 6, 2014
People tell me about this author Nicholas Sparks... I'm pretty sure this is a made up person.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Mezahmay said:
the silence said:
Guys, I heard they make a MMO in the Warcraft-Universe!

I hope it has good story. The decline of Arthas and him sacrificing Muradin was really good story-telling in Warcraft 3.
They actually did make this MMO. It had a fantastic 6 year run ending with you taking the fight all the way to Arthas and defeating him atop Icecrown Citadel. Good times...
What are you talking about? They ended it all after you killed Illidan, Kael Thas and the naga chick, after that they decided the game had run its course and rather than let players kill all potential for future warcraft RTS games, in anticipation for Warcraft 4 they released novels and comics to bridge the MMO with the upcoming sequel.

I also hear Starcraft 2 is coming out, it's going to feature -three- campaigns like the original with all the races we know and love from the first one.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
For me, Chobits is totally not set in the same world as Angelic Layer, and they didn't kill my favorite character off to be some kids Dead Older Sister he obsessively created a persocom to mimic. (helps that the sample dvd I got of it in a boxset didn't really sell the series it to me, so don't really want to see any more)

Dec 10, 2012
I really sucks that it's been 13 years since anyone did anything with the Star Trek franchise. I am a lifelong trekkie, but it seems like everyone else has lost interest. I mean, I know Voyager wasn't the best the franchise had to offer and it ended with a long decline in popularity, but there is still so much potential there.

I mean, you could do a prequel, maybe. About the founding of the Federation. It would be cool to see the early exploration of the galaxy, before transporters and Klingons and phasers and only low warp travel. As long as they kept continuity in mind, and kept the ideals of Trek in place, without betraying them to grab younger viewers. And had nothing about oversexed Vulcans. Dunno why that occurred to me specifically, just sounds like an awful idea...

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
It's a good thing Peter Jackson decided he was done with Tolkien after Lord of the Rings trilogy and never considered filming the Hobbit. And that he went back to more indie-looking movies, when he could've so easily fell under the trap of letting CGI-based action nonsense taking over his movies.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Y'know Halo 3 had a wonderful ending? And Halo: Reach was a sincere farewell with a kickass ending even if it didn't hold together very well? I know, what a great way for a company who cares about the fans to underline their series with a strict END button.

What? What do you mean they made another one? And what do you mean Bungie made another game that's soulless and cynically designed? That's craazy talk! Nobody would ever do that.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
What?

You know, I could've sworn there was something I was going to think or say... but I just can't remember how I got to this thread. What website is this? How did I get here? Is this some kind of sick joke? It's still 2011, right?
Of course, you're safe here on The Escapist forums circa 2010/11.

See, people over there are bickering about MLP and we don't know what an Anika Samkeesuan is.
Ah. Nostalgia for yesteryears. :D

As for mine; There are just three Sly Cooper games. THREE! No more.

Also, the Spyro franchise that started with the PlayStation ended with three games. The later ones with no narrative connection are fine *cough*Skylanders*cough*, but those PlayStation 2 games before "Spyro: New Beginnings"? Never happened.

sephthewind

Mar 30, 2011
I don't understand this talk about Supernatural season 10. Supernatural was a five season show and Swan Song was one of the best series finales of all time.

It's too bad the final episode of How I Met Your Mother will never air.
I guess we'll never get to see just how happily ever after Robin and Barney lived after sitting through an entire season of their wedding.

The Dexter finale was slightly shorter than I expected, it simply cut to black as he steered his boat toward Argentina.

Riddick was a short film about the titular character adapting to survival on a hostile planet, alone. Why does everyone keep telling me there was another half with mercenaries in it?

Imp Emissary said:
Also, the Spyro franchise that started with the PlayStation ended with three games. The later ones with no narrative connection are fine *cough*Skylanders*cough*, but those PlayStation 2 games before "Spyro: New Beginnings"? Never happened.
I'm glad Crash Bandicoot and Spyro both went out on high notes instead of getting rebooted as beat'em ups. Maybe we'll get to see them again some day.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
sephthewind said:
Imp Emissary said:
I'm glad Crash Bandicoot and Spyro both went out on high notes instead of getting rebooted as beat'em ups. Maybe we'll get to see them again some day.
Indeed. Spyro is a bit ugly in Skylanders, but the lore from the Spyro: New Beginnings story is alright.

:D So glad they didn't do something like making a fourth game after the third where they just rehashed the theme of the third game, but with dragonflies instead of dragon eggs. And giving it a worse graphical look, weaker gameplay, and stupid uses of older characters.

Nope. Three PSone games, New Beginnings three games, and then Skylanders.
[sub][sub][sub]And hopefully more in the future.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Oct 2, 2012
Imp Emissary said:
Colour Scientist said:
shrekfan246 said:
What?

You know, I could've sworn there was something I was going to think or say... but I just can't remember how I got to this thread. What website is this? How did I get here? Is this some kind of sick joke? It's still 2011, right?
Of course, you're safe here on The Escapist forums circa 2010/11.

See, people over there are bickering about MLP and we don't know what an Anika Samkeesuan is.
Ah. Nostalgia for yesteryears. :D

As for mine; There are just three Sly Cooper games. THREE! No more.

What are you talking about Imp? Are you mixing up fanfiction with reality again?
We all know that Spyro ended at Ripto's Rage.
Ah, such a good way to go. Spyro beats the baddie, gets the girl, and finally gets his well deserved vacation.