Your most cherished achievements!

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
Very simple, tell us your most cherished achievements you got while playing video-games. And by cherished i mean the "OH F YEAH FINALLY" kind. You know the drill.

Tell us the name, the game and how long it took you to get it.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Beating insanity mode in Mass Effect 2.

Moreso that I died less than ten times throughout the playthrough, and saved everyone.

The Abhorrent

May 7, 2011
"No One Left Behind" in Mass Effect 2 is probably one of the biggest ones for me, even if it's not too difficult (and the fact I used a guide to make sure I got it). The game does a good job of getting the player to invest themselves emotionally with their crew (even if you don't like all of them), and the idea of the captain being responsible for the lives of all on their ship (yes, I saved the entire crew as well) does give one good motive to make sure they get everyone out alive. Not bad for a first playthrough of ME2.

"The Loremaster" (title/achievement/whatever) in World of Warcraft is another achievement I valued highly, but unfortunately playing that particular game for as long as I did created is something I'm not very proud of. Anyhow, going after that particular achievement was probably some of the most fun (and best times, not to mention it was a long time) I had playing WoW. I should've quit playing the game after that, and probably shouldn't of bothered trying to pursue the other aspects of the game (such as any type of group content).

Aside from that.... meh, I don't really go after many achievements. Occassionally I'll go after some sort of personal challenge (usually some version of 100% completion, regardless of if there's an achievement for doing so or not), but it's not a big deal for me to go after.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I recently completed FFIX with a level 1 party. No official achivement, but a satisfiying challenge none-the-less. Game seems to work pretty well playing this way as a bonus, so it didn't feel like I was going against the programers wishes too much, at least for the most part.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I beat IWBTG on Impossible.
Which means I beat it without saves.
Which means I didn't die. It was awesome.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
"No One Left Behind" - Mass Effect 2. One the first playthrough without using a guide. Very satisfying.

"Little Rocket Man" - Half Life 2: Episode 2. Always silly, often frustrating and occasionally hilarious.

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
Radeonx said:
I beat IWBTG on Impossible.
Which means I beat it without saves.
Which means I didn't die. It was awesome.
How is that possible...shouldn't you have destroyed your computer out of pure frustration? O_0

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Beat Halo 3 on legendary mode by myself. I didn't use the method of use two people and one stays back and you can die as many times as you want because you respawn to your ally.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Djinn8 said:
I recently completed FFIX with a level 1 party.
I don't even...what? Is that even possible? Well, apparently so. I do remember sort of a "trick" to use a level 1 party member to downscale Omega in Final Fantasy VIII. But I never heard of completing a game with only level 1's. Wow.

I can't recall any special achievements. So I'm just gonna say the fishing achievement in World of Warcraft: Salty (before the nerf).

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
Beating insanity mode in Mass Effect 2.

Moreso that I died less than ten times throughout the playthrough, and saved everyone.
This, I got it yesterday, to be precise. It was AWESOME.

The PT and Revenge Revisited Trophy on Prototype. Man, both were a pain in the ass.
Also, Grim Reaper Trophy on Dragon Age: Origin's DLC, Golems of Agmark.

And, not so much as an achievement, but in Atlantica Online, I got the "Gourmet" Tittle for my name! And, I was called PeaSoup, so it was very funny to me :)

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
staika said:
Beat Halo 3 on legendary mode by myself. I didn't use the method of use two people and one stays back and you can die as many times as you want because you respawn to your ally.
Heh. Every ten deaths your buddy would be the spawnbitch XD

Have you done that on Reach yet?

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
One of them is the "You Saved Science" achievement on Portal 2 :D I know it's pretty easy but that does depend on the partner :p Also the "No One Left Behind" on ME2. Got it the second time through. The first time Garrus died and I was all T_T He's my favorite.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
mrvenom said:
staika said:

Not yet I'm in the process of it though, I made it to the level where your in the city but that area keeps raping me everytime I try.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
An achievement in 'Batman Arkham Asylum' Flawless Freeflow where you have to use every move you have in a single combo. Not particularly difficult but quite annoying and very satisfying and fun to complete.
My most difficult achievement that I'm happy about is from the the same game to get all the medals in the combat challenges. The hardest in the game in my opinion.
There are harder achievements but they weren't fun or interesting.

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
staika said:
mrvenom said:
staika said:

Not yet I'm in the process of it though, I made it to the level where your in the city but that area keeps raping me everytime I try.
The area with the wraiths or the area with the grunt kamikaze biatches?

staika

Aug 3, 2009
mrvenom said:
staika said:
mrvenom said:
staika said:

The area with the wraiths or the area with the grunt kamikaze biatches?
The area with the wraiths, god those things just kill me everytime I swear their missiles lock on to me and follow me wherever I run.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
Beat the Tower Knight in Demon's Souls. I was still really inexperienced and not very good at the game at that point, it took me four days of grinding to get good enough to beat it and when I did I flung my hands in the air and laughed the laugh of a madman.