Your most cherished achievements!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Well... I'd LOVE to say the "10X multiplier" and "1 million point survival" from the original geometry wars, but a horrible problem with the way XBox transfers user accounts made me lose that, as well as a few other achievements, and I have been unable to reproduce it.

So now I'm probably going to have to go with every boss trophy I earned in Demon's Souls. I mean, holy crap. Even the ones I beat the first time I reached them were still tough. If I could pick just one from that, I'd probably go with King Allant's trophy. That sunuvabitch was NASTY.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
I have completed one Pokedex in my life, in Fire Red. Mind you, that was with no one to trade with. I happened to have two compatible gameboys.
I also have a gold chocobo in FF7. I used knights of the round to one- shot both of Sephy's forms, and it was aaaaall worth it.

Caveworm

Jun 8, 2011
No one left behind in ME2. I didn't even know about it until it happened. I really enjoyed ME2 that I did all the quests and upgrades that I possibly could. A fine bonus for all my hard work.

A few WoW ones when I used to play. Titles, quests, mounts, etc. Grinding for my Netherwing back in TBC type of thing. Playing Devil May Cry 3 on hard and winning. Normal was bad enough! No achievements in them days. Can't think of what the PlayStation equivalent is to the XBOX.

Oh, oh, oh, and the Gnome thing in L4D2. You have to get a high score in a theme park shooting game, you win the gnome, and have to survive the story mode with it equipped as your weapon. You unlock a Depeche Mode t-shirt for you Xbox Avatar. I really like Depeche Mode; very nice achievement bonus.

Jun 23, 2008
Safety First in Left4Dead 'cause fire discipline is important.

Still Something To Prove in Left4Dead 2. Got it playing the Last Man on Earth mutation. Died nearly sixty times on the Burger Tank Finale of Hard Rain 'cause, you know, I wanted to be the guy.

238U.

ATmatey36

Apr 12, 2011
Metroid Fusion 1% run is this for me. I the swear part where you have to restore the power again, starting from your ship and ending at the spider boss (Yakuza) which gives you the space jump is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. Just getting to the boss is a nightmare itself because you only have 99 health with the space pirates and there's an energy tank that you can just barely avoid by jumping over it (I accidentally collected it about half the time, forcing me to retry). When I finally get to the boss, I get murdered by its second form, where it spits crap everywhere and spins around the room in a REALLY annoying pattern. It is possible to avoid its attacks, but you're only allowed 2-3 hits max or it's back to your ship again. Nightmare was also a hard boss but because the save point was right next to him, it was a lot easier to practice and retry.

Follow-ups for a similar masochistic feat were beating Elite Beat Agents on Hard Rock difficulty and getting the Big Boss emblem in MGS4

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
"The Untouchables" from Left 4 Dead.

Why is it even noteworthy?
Because I did it legitimately, during my one-pistol game, on accident.
I have no idea why I had such a Zen-moment during that playthrough. It never happened again.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Getting this one

And the other one for the m4a1

So happy when I finally did those headshots.
How pathetic when looking back now :D

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
One I got last Thursday.

Left 4 Dead 2 - "The Real Deal"

I got it legitimately on Dark Carnival, and now I fully understand hating people who get the achievement using that "vote to switch difficulty" glitch.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Grim Reaper: For beating The Golems of Ammgarak (DA:O DLC) on nightmare.

If you thought the main game was challenging, wait until you try this.

Isgandar

Jun 5, 2011
Getting a gold medal on every mission in Star Wars Rogue Squadron on N64. Completing Demon's Souls on PS3 (arghhh).

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
aMazed in God Of War 3.

Complete the Labyrinth without dying or failing.

I did it. First playthrough. On Titan.

Needless to say I platinumed that ************.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I guess the L4D2 achievement for beating all the levels on Expert and surviving, or the one for beating a campaign on expert realism. Those were fun.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
mirror said:
I also have a gold chocobo in FF7. I used knights of the round to one- shot both of Sephy's forms, and it was aaaaall worth it.
I never bred a golden chocobo, though I do have one. I beat Emerald Weapon without Knights of the Round, and the reward for that was Master Summon, Master Magic and Master Command materia, which I then used to defeat Ruby Weapon, granting me the Golden Chocobo.

BrotherSurplice

ENEMY MAN
Apr 17, 2011
I have a few:

1)Getting the "No One Left Behind" achievement in Mass Effect 2. Not too dificult but it felt awesome, and was incredibly heartwarming.

2)In Victoria 2 I was playing as Belgium, and for some reason or another I got into a war with Russia, America and Japan. By this point I had many colonies in the far east and a substantial navy, but I was still massively outnumbered in both industrial and military terms. But, against all the odds, I fought them all to a standstill. I felt like such a boss.

3)Completing Ratchet and Clank on the PS2. My first ever game completion. I will never froget it.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Everything in DMC4. EVERYTHING. Hell and Hell, Bloody Palace, S everywhere.

Zico. Beaten.

Every Gold Medal in Wipeout HD. On the highest difficulty.

Zone Zeus.

Next up: No Man Left Behind on Insanity.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Insanity and No One Left Behind in Mass Effect 2 might be up there. Thing is, my brother already played the game first so I got a little head start when I started. My first playthrough was insanity and I didn't recruit Thane and Samara till after I finished that mission.

Dante Must Die on Devil May Cry 4, though it's likely not as hard as DMC3. I need to finish getting S Rank on every level (and I definitely can).

Path of the Mentor (Hard Mode) on Ninja Gaiden 2 because that is the absolute most BS difficult game I've played. Every other game I play is difficult but fair. This one, not so much. I still haven't started Master Ninja yet because I was doing the weapon run achievements.

Deathsmiles, finish a level with 1/2 health and no bombs. It was a secret achievement and I got it by accident when I beat the final boss. When he knocked me down that last 1/2 bar, I desperation bombed and got the achievement.

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
"Pro Runner" and "Test of Faith" in Mirror's Edge. It's not the achievements themselves, but the fact that I got them at the same time through the same play-through. Now, "Pro Runner" is "Beat the game on hardest difficulty." and "Test of Faith" is "Beat the game without shooting anybody." Doing both at the same time was extremely difficult. The achievement site I checked out even advised NOT to go for "Test of Faith" on anything but easy. So managing to beat the game hard, AND without weapons, felt very satisfying.

Also, "Not Bulletproof" is one of my favorites for humor's sake. Die on level 1 on easy mode in "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand". Worth 0 points.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Not an achievement but getting the infinite ammo, no reloads, cheat on perfect dark. Took me about 4 hours.

Edit: I also like to add the zombie chopper achievement for half life 2.