Your most cherished achievements!

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Not an achievment, but beating the last boss on Metroid II took a while, and was very hard. Took me probably 2 weeks to man up to the challenge, and 1-2 hours to win.

Apr 5, 2008
My greatest actual achievement I couldn't say, but my most proud 360 Achievement is the "Complete Nightmare Mode" on Dead Space 2. Not because of any particular reason other than earning it was a terrifying, mentally exhausting journey of about 12 hours.

I played the game the first time on the hardest difficulty short of Nightmare, then had a new game+ on that playthru to learn the levels, enemies and tougher parts of the game. I looked up save strategies and tips online to prepare before even starting it. I almost caved in Chapter 4 and made my first save in the church, but persevered thru till 5, just before brute. Then made another in 9 and a last one before drill ride. However after dying on the eye poke machine twice I gave in, went back to 2nd save, played thru till just before eye pokeing, made a new 3rd save and strangely made it straight thru right after and finished it.

Isaac's foam finger may not be lore-friendly or have a targetting reticule, but I earned it :)

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
Beat Halo 1 on Legendary by myself

Insanity in Mass Effect 2 (sentinel and saved everyone)

100% completion on Gran Turismo 2

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
Got third in my pool in mk9 and mvc3 at ufgt7. One win away from making top 16 at both tourneys. Gonna do better next year.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
The platinum trophy for infamous. Didn't use a guide, found all blast shards without much trouble. Now I'm doin it all over again in inFAMOUS 2.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
In my current hearts of iron game i have annexed the Soviet Union, England, France, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, and im currently invading the united states, who i belive to be the last of the allies.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
From most recent game played, in order of most recent...

Humiliation (Mortal Kombat 2011) - Get a Flawless Victory in an Online Match
-- Since my first one was denied to me by some one who decided to rage-quit the moment "Finish Him!" appeared on the screen, I managed to get this one while playing a friend. And he's not that bad a player (he's no pro [and neither am I], but he's not bad)

Luck Be A Lady (Mortal Kombat 2011) - Get all MK Dragons in Test Your Luck
-- Believe me, this is harder than it sounds. You can tweak the roulette in your favor a little, but it still comes down to luck.

There Can Be Only One (Mortal Kombat 2011) - Win 10 king of the hill matches in a row
-- I can honestly say that I managed to get this without boosting, and lemme tell ya, it was no easy feat.

Web of Knowledge (Prototype) - You've acquired all nodes in the Web of Intrigue.
-- Sure, I used a few guides for this, but it's harder than it sounds. Do you know how big New York City is?

Tower's New Guardian (Soul Calibur IV)
-- The odds are really against you with this one. And then there's Algol once you reach the last floor... whom you make ring himself out if you set yourself right. :/

Never Ending Advance (Soul Calibur IV) - Descended 20 floors in Tower of Lost Souls
-- Again, harder than it sounds. Max damage custom Astaroth for the wtf.

Two Cannot Exist Together (Soul Calibur 4) - Double K.O.
-- Sure, I boosted this one, but even so you have to do everything just right...

A New Avenger (Marvel vs Capcom 3) - Clear 320 mission in mission mode.
-- Mission mode is where the game gives you some "factory" combos and you have to complete them. Some are easy, others not so due to various timings of certain attacks. Slide over to the 'Tube and look up "vesper arcade marvel vs capcom 3" and then watch any of the trial videos they have.

School for the Gifted (Marvel vs Capcom 3) - Get a 5 game win streak in Ranked Match
-- People tend to play a lot... dirtier, if you will, in Ranked Matches than Player Matches, and things only get worse for the cheevo seeker as time goes on (new tricks are learned, player skill increases, etc). So yeah, it was only 5 wins, but this cheevo was a *****.

Guardin' Gnome (Left 4 Dead 2) - Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival.
-- Seriously, fuck this achievement...

[Insert Special Infected achievement here] (Left 4 Dead 2) - [insert specific description here]
-- I only got about half of these, most of which achieved without boosting. :)

Enter the Beast (Sonic's Ultimate Game Collection) - Altered Beast: Collect 100,000 pts or higher by the end of the first level
-- I don't wanna talk about this one, suffice to say, it was harder than it sounded.

Three/Five/Tenpeat (Super Street Fighter IV) - Clarification: Win 3/5/10 Ranked Matches in a row
-- I managed to get up to 6 wins in a row on my own, but that's also where my confidence waned. So I asked a friend to help me get to 10 wins in a row. I know, pathetic.

Trail of Trials (Super Street Fighter IV) - There is no shortcut in the art of Yoga. Aim to clear any character's Trial Mode trials.
-- Refer back to the mission mode cheevo notes for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Now take that and apply it here except with harder combos but more user-friendly how-tos. Again, slide to the 'Tube, but this time look up "vesper arcade super street fighter 4 trials".

Acolyte/Warrior of Missions (Ninja Gaiden 2) - Completed all Karma Attack Missions on Path of the Acolyte/Warrior
-- Mission Mode here is a little different than in most others: kill everyone else before they kill you. Simple enough, right? However, considering how the game plays despite it receiving a new update every 4 days, this is quite a feat, and some missions are definitely harder than others. Heh... I'm only one more silver medal away before I get Mentor of Missions.

All Gold/Silver/Bronze - Obtained all Gold/Silver/Bronze Medallions in the Survival Missions
-- See above, except you have to last out as long as possible, and the enemy wave setup is different depending on the weapon.

Way of the Master Ninja (Ninja Gaiden 2) - Finished walking the path of the Master Ninja
-- C'mon... Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja. You do the math.

It's over 10,000! (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger) - Dealt over 10,000 damage using Haku-men, without the use of an Astral Heat.
-- Hakum-men's not an easy character to use, so this is pretty difficult. You have to know when to cancel into what move in order to optimize damage output.

Leonidas (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger) - [SCORE ATTACK] Beat Score Attack mode.
-- Imagine playing on the hardest difficult cranked up to 11. That's Score Attack.

Welcome to the Azure Nightmare (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger) - [ARCADE/SCORE ATTACK] Defeated "Unlimited" Ragna, and obtained the power of darkness.
-- You have to fight a "super" version of the character Ragna, who has increased offense, defense, and some of his moves have different, often destructive properties. No mean feat, I tell ya.

Grim Reaper (Dragon Age: Origins) - Defeated the Harvester on Hard or Nightmare difficulty
-- Long and short, rolling with a dual-wielding rogue may not have been the smartest idea...

The Perfect Adventurer (Sonic Adventure) - You got 130 Emblems
-- You get "emblems" for various actions; most are from completing the various stages and the variations thereof, while others are found through exploring the over-world. This is a big deal for me, because I couldn't do this even on the fucking Dreamcast.

Chao's Best Friend (Sonic Adventure) - You got all Emblems of the Chao Race
-- Not hard, but time consuming. Good thing I love the little bastards so very much...

Last Stand (Mass Effect 2) - Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho
-- Do you know hard this is for an Infiltrator with limited sniper ammo? Do you?!

Insanity (Mass Effect 2) - Complete the game on the "Insanity" difficult level without changing the setting
-- Not all that hard. Just annoying as fuck.

Supreme Master of the Empire (DJ Hero 2) - Complete DJ Shadow's setlist in Empire mode on Expert difficulty.
-- The thing about this is that you need to score at or above a certain cumulative star rating, which makes this a lot harder than it sounds considering DJ Hero 2 and its predecessor have a "no fail" feature. And... well, DJ Shadow is a beast.

He Ain't Even Married (Comic Jumper: the Adventure of Captain Smiley) - Survived Benny's onslaught during the improbably Paper Pals #79 without taking a hit
-- Benny is a sock puppet driving a massive drill. Oh, and he's got 5 kids to feed (and he's not keen on letting you forget either). Yeah, you read that right. And beating him without getting hit is not easy in any sense of the word.

Fisher is the Other Sam (Vanquish) - Proceed on the monorail in Act 3-4 without being spotted by the enemy troops or searchlights
-- This is really easy to fuck up, especially when the troops show up. needless to say it took me a few tries to nail this one.

I have more games than I thought I did, and I'm sure you're tired of reading all this, so I'll just kill it here.

chach_face

Mar 2, 2010
Beating God of War III on god mode. That shit was unreasonably difficult. I died countless times on the mk style duel with zeus, but after I beat that, it was smooth sailing. (this trophy also got me the platinum)

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
jakefongloo said:
-snip-

Grim reaper is that beating the boss on hard or above?
Yeah, and it wasn't easy, not because of the boss itself, but because of its summons. Damn skeletons can gang up on you (AND THEY WILL) and take down all your Health in mere seconds. I had to "glitch", if you may, the game so I could win.

Wait until the Harvester's first form is very low on health, and wait for the screen to turn red (If I recall correctly, this means you can use a special switch to kill all the skeletons, that lasts about 10 seconds) then, proceed to defeat the Harvester, so it changes form. In this form, the switch does not come back up again, but since you didn't use it, it is still active. Activate it, all skeletons die, and then it's a piece of cake, so long as you kill newer skeletons as soon as they spawn, or else they'll gang up on you.

TheKmanofAwesometon

Jan 30, 2011
I have 2, both from Super Meat Boy

"The Real End" Which is to beat every dark world level (Besides Cotton Alley) and then defeat the real final boss.

"Salt Boy" Which is to complete world 3 without dying, I cannont count how many times I screamed in frustration over 3-19...

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Insanity - Mass Effect 2 (so cherished as thus far it's the only game I've deemed worthy of playing on the highest difficulty)
Party like it's 1999 - Gears 2 (done entirely offline by the by)

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
Leole said:
jakefongloo said:
-snip-

Grim reaper is that beating the boss on hard or above?
Yeah, and it wasn't easy, not because of the boss itself, but because of its summons. Damn skeletons can gang up on you (AND THEY WILL) and take down all your Health in mere seconds. I had to "glitch", if you may, the game so I could win.

Wait until the Harvester's first form is very low on health, and wait for the screen to turn red (If I recall correctly, this means you can use a special switch to kill all the skeletons, that lasts about 10 seconds) then, proceed to defeat the Harvester, so it changes form. In this form, the switch does not come back up again, but since you didn't use it, it is still active. Activate it, all skeletons die, and then it's a piece of cake, so long as you kill newer skeletons as soon as they spawn, or else they'll gang up on you.
Lol I just kited the shit out of him and his skeletons with my rouge using my back stab all bitches in an area ability and threw bombs like no tomorrow. Not kidding it took me 2 hours to do. After the first hour I didn't know he had a second form so when I beat him I'm like holy shit that was an effo......... /cry

I also used the confusion ability and i could get 0-2 skeletons affected by it. If it was my birthday and I was a good boy for Christmas I sometimes got 3 skeletons giving me ample time to get one or two back stabs into the harvester.