Your most evil gaming atrocities

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009

~I don't want to set the world on fire~
I think nuking a town full of innocent people constitutes as a atrocity.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I guess the most evil, is I can wander around Skyrim butchering hordes of people, no matter their age or sex, and leaving vast mountains of human skulls behind me and not feel a thing. But as soon as I kill one little fox, I feel like an absolute prick.

EDIT: Oh yeah. In Gothic II, I had amazing fun with the 'Army of Darkness' spell, as it would summon 5 (I think) skeleton warriors at once. Now, spells in the game not only stack, you can also machine-gun them. So I could raise about 30 or so skeleton warriors in a few seconds. Hilarity ensues when this is done in populated areas.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
uhddh said:
Ljs1121 said:
In Just Cause 2, I attached a car that had the driver inside of it to a helicopter, flew up about 500 meters in the air, then abandoned ship. Watching the whole apparatus slowly spiral into an inevitable fiery explosion and picturing the terrified driver inside the car was almost therapeutic.
Pretty much this. Followed with attaching a guy to the helicopter and just flying off with him just hanging from the struts. when I jumped out the helicopter just fell past him and cut him up with the still turning blades.

In Prototype I walked into a densely populated area disguised as military and just shot everyone. Then called an airstrike on the surviving civilians. I cannot think of my worst. These are rather standard acts of therapy for me.
Killing things in video games has always been pretty relaxing. Adding military equipment intensifies the effect. :D

I was cruising along in Saints Row the Third today and I came across a gang operation, so I immediately powerslid into a group of Morningstar, pinning my vehicle against a wall. I then got out of the car and proceeded to take out the ones who were still alive. After killing what seemed like everybody, I was amazed to see that my percentage completion of the operation was still one kill short. I looked around a bit and found the last one. It was a guy that I had pinned in between the wall and my car when I did my original powerslide. He wasn't losing health, but he was stuck tightly enough so that he couldn't move. I stood there and watched him for way more time than I should have, occasionally sprinkling the area around him with bullets while never actually hitting him. I can't imagine how painful that must have been. After about 2 or 3 minutes of watching, I simply threw a grenade and blew up the car and the poor gang member, finally granting him the gift of ending his suffering.

Also on my most recent Fallout 3 playthrough, I went into the Citadel, dropped a Bottlecap Mine in-between two paladins who were guarding the Elder's room, switched to a silenced 10mm pistol, and shot the mine. They both died and I made the people not hostile towards me by activating a Stealth Boy. The reason for this murder? I wanted a suit of power armor and some holotags. I then felt guilty for ending these two brave paladins' lives for my own material gain, so I decided to drag them both into the sleeping quarters and lie them on two empty beds. It seemed like the best way to show my respects. I unfortunately could not grab the arms and legs which had flown off as a result of the explosion.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Well, once in Medieval 2: Total War, I was Scotland, but my ally was France, they were getting a little too powerful for my liking, so, I started a war with the Holy Roman Empire, and made sure France was involved, then I back stabbed half of the french royal family, and bribed off some of their armies and settlements, and used the armies I'd bribed to sack the rest of their settlements, as all their armies were off fighting with the HRE, what was left of France pleaded for peace, I agreed, on condition that they give me more of their land, about two turns later, France no longer existed. And I paid for peace with the HRE. My holdings on mainland Europe quadrupled, as did my income. I did it all by using other people's armies.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
oh balls i don't cant count them. it's hard to pick the evilest. i've got so many i can't count. one of them is killing everybody in a community just to eat them in fallout. another one was slaughtering a person i'd told i'd leave alone if they gave me piece of leather in a hunger games server. after he me the laether i just came back 5 minutes later and slaughtered him in a hole he dug himself while i was wearing a fashionable new lether boots.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I'm pretty certain that Spec Ops: The Line contains the worst I've done. Though doing all those things are part of the story, still, they're the worst things I've ever done in a game.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
In minecraft (you can already see where this going) my friend built an entire city in the sky, he had a few stair cases dotted round the island leading really high up (just above the clouds) and then pretty much a massive city problem was he made it all out of wood

so while he was working down in the mines to collect gold i made some flint and steel.... well yh you know what happened
but to make matters worse when he found gold he saved his world so he wouldnt have to do that again, but by the time he did that the stairs were gone and the fire had just made it to his city. he did not realise this until he got out side

he was not happy with me no sir

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I was playing Medieval2 TW and the French kept sending spies and assassins against my heirs and generals. I amassed an army like no other before and proceeded to sweep across western Europe, laying siege to every castle and town, slaughtering every last prisoner and sacking every French settlement in my path.

Then Milan got annoyed. Milan was no more. It was at this point that the Pope decided to make his thoughts known, excommunicating England and turning the rest of the Christian world against me. My goal had shifted from annihilation of the French to complete and total destruction of mainland Europe.

Let's just say it didn't end well for His Holiness.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
SuperNova221 said:
Do you count multiplayer games? In EVE I once baited some guy to, through game mechanics, allow me to kill his 200mil ISK ship. I then apologised and agreed to join his corp to stop him hireing mercenaries to decalre war on me (a threat often made, never done though, so no risk of him doing that). Then, in his corp with my friend, we waited till he was afk then locked down his 800mil isk + cargo ship, ransomed him for about 1.2billion when he got back, then killed him anyway.

To be fair, he did seem to be a bit of a dick, would've done it even if he wasn't, but he was.

He also must have been incredibly mind numbing stupid if he invited you into his corp....eve showing that natural selection still exists in the mmo world.

I just find it hard to top the stuff you do in mass effect since it involves billions of lives, the utter possible extinction of entire races, genocide, brain washing, the sheer scale of bad things you can do in that series is off the charts when you think about it.

So all the people i terrorzed in grand theft auto over the years for the lulz, the few children i have killed in fallout games, the just deciding i do not like someone so i end them, just cause 2 terror, all pale to mass effect in my book.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Playing a "retard run" on Fallout New Vegas. I made a point of making the worst possible choices, resulting in the worst consequences:
I convinced Boon to murder his friend (and admitted to him afterwards that I did it on a whim), I agonizingly punched a centurion prisoner to death, even after he was freely offering information.
I allowed the NCR metro to explode.
I let a suicide bomber destroy the Van Graffs.
I killed the population of Goodsprings, and then murdered the Powder Ganger residents straight after.
I murdered those mutants who wanted to blast themselves off into space.
I allowed that lady from the Crimson caravan to get blown up by the boomers, on her way to meet her star crossed lover.
I accidentally murdered Caesar by screwing up his brain operation.
I allowed president Kimball to be assassinated.
I massacred everyone in the Honest Hearts DLC, including the tough as nails, burned man.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Ashadowpie said:
i think the worst thing i've ever done is in GTA3 where i cheated getting a tank and i just ran over pedestrians, i wasnt even driving on the road, i laughed so hard.

what?
it was hilarious!.....

*cough *
Pfff, amateur. In GTA4, like to drive exclusively on the pavements with a firetruck, and then pick up my date for the evening with the same blood soaked wrecking machine.
"Nice ride Niko"...
-"INDEED."

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
If I don't like a particular linkshell (guild) in FFXI anymore for whatever reason I go out of my way to bring that shell down, instead of simply leaving. Social, event, or endgame, it doesn't matter. Similarly irrelevant is whether it's because one of the leader's sackholders is prone to throwing fits, or if I got screwed out of something. I feel like just up and leaving would be admitting defeat.

What's worse is I'm capable of this as a regular shellmate (guild member) rather than a sacholder (officer). If I was just spewing obscenitites or getting underfoot too much I could be booted, but I'm too subtle for that. There are people who hate me for this, so much so in one instance after joining an endgame shell that had two members from an old one the ensuing fights forced the leader to break in less than a week.

B3NZ0

Apr 18, 2012
I really don't know, probably the time me and my friend murdered everyone in a restaurant in saint's row 2.
Or that time i silently murdered all of of the brotherhood of steel in FNV to repair my helmet.
Or when i played the darkness 2 with all my points in executions.
But then there was the point where i had a beggar outfitted in daedric armour and sword in skyrim after turning him crazy.
Or when i played with a terrified convict in arkham city after breaking his friends arms or legs and breaking all of the weapons before hanging him upside down ten feet above ground from a gargoyle.

Yep,I'm a really nice person.
But wait, then there was that time i sold gannon as a slave due to being too lazy to find the stuff for the auto doc...

Dr.Sean

Apr 5, 2009
In Rise of Nations, I produced enough nuclear warheads to cover every inch of my foe's territory with radiation, and then some more to destroy the buildings that stood standing. I did just that, and the Armageddon clock went to 0 before I could take over the rubble with tanks, tanks, tanks, and more tanks, and some infantry.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Hmm. I killed all the Little Sisters in BioShock.

Apart from that...hmm....I killed every single NPC on Vvardenfell, Solstheim and in Mournhold (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind + Expansions).

Captcha: take the cake
Yay, my answer takes the cake!