Your most hated fictional character?

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
FelixG said:
IrateDonnie said:
Colin Murray said:
Andrea in Walking Dead took the throne from Wesley Crusher (star trek TNG) in a surprise upset this year.
I agree 100%, she's the 1st character in that whole show that I would love to see get eaten.
It annoys me that the good characters seem to die yet Andrea, the ***** that she is, always manages to survive. I wish that they would just kill her already.
But if she dies, who will be stupid enough to have a relationship with Merle?

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
FelixG said:
Colin Murray said:
FelixG said:
IrateDonnie said:
Colin Murray said:
Andrea in Walking Dead took the throne from Wesley Crusher (star trek TNG) in a surprise upset this year.
I agree 100%, she's the 1st character in that whole show that I would love to see get eaten.
It annoys me that the good characters seem to die yet Andrea, the ***** that she is, always manages to survive. I wish that they would just kill her already.
But if she dies, who will be stupid enough to have a relationship with Merle?
I think a sheep would be more personable, a better actor and far smarter than her. And seems right up Merle's ally! :p
The only response to that I can think of would be to compare her to a sheep, but I respect sheep too much. Well played.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Padwolf said:
For me it's Cersei Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire. God damn I have never wanted to reach into a book and strangle someone before. Also her son Joffrey, he is a horrible git and that's putting it mildly.
With the exception of Tyrion, pretty much everyone with that bloodline counts. Jamie is at least trying to be less of a prick, but it will take a lot to make up for what he has done.

QuartzQuadreant

Sep 14, 2012
Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. I mean, his dad wasn't exactly great, but Luke whines like a small dog stuck in a locked room. He doesn't seem to fit my view of a man capable of saving the galaxy. Han Solo, on the other hand...

In fact, extend this to the Jedi in general. A bunch of peacekeeping assholes who'll say "we're the guardians of peace and justice" in the same breath as they slice the head off a bounty hunter with his son watching. That, and they're /too/ good. I always get turned off by characters that never deviate from their goodness, never get tempted. Moral greyness is narrative greatness, say I.

David VanDusen

Feb 18, 2011
The Nossa said:
Awesome.

My vote would have to be for half the cast of True Blood. No wait. By the time Season 5 gets around, the entire cast of True Blood who isn't Eric. Yeah, that seems about right.

Tuftytufts said:
Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. I mean, his dad wasn't exactly great, but Luke whines like a small dog stuck in a locked room. He doesn't seem to fit my view of a man capable of saving the galaxy. Han Solo, on the other hand...

In fact, extend this to the Jedi in general. A bunch of peacekeeping assholes who'll say "we're the guardians of peace and justice" in the same breath as they slice the head off a bounty hunter with his son watching. That, and they're /too/ good. I always get turned off by characters that never deviate from their goodness, never get tempted. Moral greyness is narrative greatness, say I.
Awesome, considering the fact that Harrison Ford HATES the Han Solo character.

rerout343

Feb 26, 2012
My most hated character has to be Ali Al-Saachez from Gundam 00.

Plot spoilers for anyone who cares
Ali Al-Saachez is one of those characters that you just have to hate, he was personally responsible for a lot of the deaths of main characters toward the end of the first season. (including the original Lock On, my favorite character in the series) And by the end of the second I can't think of a single character that wouldn't have a grudge against him. And for the record, I 'm still hoping to find an animated GIF of him getting shot in the head over and over again

Xiroh86

Jan 7, 2012
In terms of characters your are supposed to hate that goes to Dr. Angus Bumby from Alice: Madness Returns.

In terms of characters that are just flat out annoying: Most of the cast from Final Fantasy 9!

ldgoodpobad

Jun 12, 2010
I agree with lots on this list, but their are a few I think I will add
Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
The entire cast of School Days
Shinji and Auska from Neon Genius Evanglion (they both could use good hard slap)
Aizen from Bleach
Akito and Akito's Mom from Fruits Basket as well as Keyo's father, Yuki's parents Momiji's mother and whoever dared bully Kisa.
The cutie mark crusaders (I love MlP FIM, but dam do I groan wherever an episode features them)
Gul Dukat from deep space 9
Sasuke Uchiha
Father from FMA Brotherhood

I hate most people in the Song of Ice and Fire series (I love the books) but between the wanton rape and masucuring of inocent people I can't say I like most of the characters.) The one I hate that most people like is Daenerys Targaryion
she seemed cool using Dothraki to attack the Westeros even knowing what they do including enslaving people (not to mention all the rape) even going so far as to support the Dothraki taking slaves to support her conquest. Then she becomes all self righteous in latter books about slavery.

Vigilante 989

Jan 17, 2012
The fucking main character from xxxHolic. Almost every time he opens his mouth, he deserves his ass kicked. Without him the show could have been elevated to one of my top three anime series.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
You have your Dolores Umbridge's and Joffrey Baratheon's, and Hawke is a great obscure pick from Berserk. So I'm going to add another obscure one, from a shitty installment from an otherwise stellar JRPG series, Suikoden IV's Snowe.

One of the trademarks of the Suikoden series is great interaction and camaraderie among it's main characters. Even when the main character is silent, the story and characterization really drives home some strong bonds to make you really care about the people around you... making it that much more impactfull when an eventual death occurs.

Unfortunately Suikoden IV got dropped on it's head as a baby. Rather than build strong character ties through the story they drop all that and cut right to the chase by telling you straight up: "this is Snowe, he's your bestest friend in the whole world!" That would be this little prick right here:

You're the orphan kid, Snowe's the aristocrats son. As the game gets underway though rather than a friend he treats you more like your his charity case. He's an annoying little prick that gets by based on who his daddy is, covering up his incompetence through pure arrogance. The moment you prove to be the competent one and take command, he flies into a fit of rage and actually turns on you. Lines like "why does everyone love YOU?!" and "after everything I've done for you!" get thrown around. Through the course of the game he proceeds on a downward spiral trying to get back to you, with an eventual low point of attacking you in your hometown (I think it was) with a band of pirates.

Making things worse is the game continues on with the charade that this is your best friend and don't you feel sorry for him? In the other games if you can recruit all 108 characters you get a boon in the story, usually involving undoing the meaningful character 'death' I mentioned at the start. In Suikoden IV you get to find Snowe drifting on some wreckage in the middle of the ocean (IV uses it's a ship/island themed setting, like Windwaker), you pull him up he says sorry and you get to be friends again and finish the war together, yaaay!

A bad character is a bad character, but when I think of some absolute great friends and what you go through in some of the other installments, like Jowy and Nanami in Suikoden II, it just makes me hate the little prick even more.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Colin Murray said:
Andrea in Walking Dead
Ooooooooohh. I hate Andrea so much. She's very quickly replacing Shane, who I think got off pretty easily. Whattadick.

Another couple are Louis Greene and James Doakes, from Dexter. God, they could really make my blood boil.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Randal Flagg. Fuck you sir. I understand the Crimson King, and hell, at least he justifies himself. you on the other hand, are a complete and total dick, and had to have died the most pansy death ive ever read after your character spanned so many books and screwed with so many people.

Getting eviscerated and eaten by a big ass fucking demon spider
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110328221011/darktower/images/f/ff/Randallflaggandmordreddt7.jpg

you know... maybe on second thought that is enough.

Also any tom cruise character. dude, get over yourself.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
rerout343 said:
My most hated character has to be Ali Al-Saachez from Gundam 00.

Plot spoilers for anyone who cares
Ali Al-Saachez is one of those characters that you just have to hate, he was personally responsible for a lot of the deaths of main characters toward the end of the first season. (including the original Lock On, my favorite character in the series) And by the end of the second I can't think of a single character that wouldn't have a grudge against him. And for the record, I 'm still hoping to find an animated GIF of him getting shot in the head over and over again
If youtube has a clip of it the guys over at the Avatar Store can make a GIF of the headshot for your avatar.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/chat/The-Avatar-Store-New-and-Second-Hand

Err, most characters I hate are already designated 'to be hated' by their respective creators (ie Umbrage, Dukat etc).

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
For me (recently at least, as it's the only 'popular' thing that comes to mind) is whoever the hell voiced Marcosius in The Shakugan no Shana English Dub. Normally I prefer dubs over subs, but holy shit, I'm putting this here because he butchers the character. His delivery of the character falls so flat and he turns the playful sadism and battle lust that Marco has into a childish fool who can't talk smack. That and his voice just grates, the Japanese Marco is so much better.

Ninja_daemon117

Mar 17, 2009
The Last Parade said:
I'd say
- Joffery Lannister
- Buck from FC3
- Handsome Jack (but I also love him)
Yea I changed between hating and loving Handsome Jack about 10 times during my first play of Borderlands 2, but in the end I hated him.