Your most unlucky purchase

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
malkavianmadman said:
My first pack of smokes. Caused me to be addicted for the last 14 years or so. Finally gave up earlier this year but I have realised since then that I dont know how to handle certain things without cigerettes.
It sucks but you just have to power through it. What helps me, oddly enough, is I gained a bunch of weight I definitely didn't need so I tell myself that shit will be for nothing if I give in, and that i'll start again when I get in shape and get my lung capacity back for running the weight off.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Unlucky? Nothing too bad, in fact I can only think of one single example of an "unlucky" purchase, and that was buying Fallout: New Vegas during one of the Steam sales for £7.50 and then it dropping to £3.75 the next day. Didn't bother me much at all.

I've had much more bad purchases, but they weren't really unlucky, just bad. Rock Band and Secret Agent Clank I bought for near enough full price. Those were mistakes.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I bought Lost Planet, in the expectation that all of my friends were getting Lost Planet 2 after we all had loads of fun with the demo on Xbox Live. I played about 5 minutes of Lost Planet, and none of us ever got Lost Planet 2. Worst £10 I ever spent.

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
a lot of them, haha.

Brink is shit; Space Rangers bored me to no end.

all of my guitar gear... i kinda grown out of it. AFTER BUYING THREE NEW EFFECT PEDALS. and i'm like, i just cant play anymore LOL.

there's also Witcher fucking Two. good god i hate this game so much i gonna cry.

/me cries

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
I bought Alone in the Dark (the new one) for like $70 when it came out without doing any research....
The Special Edition

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Once, I bought a $1000 dollar car...within a week, the transmission fell out of it on a train track. At least the train didn't hit it, I wouldn't want to imagine what that would have cost me. At least the mechanic was nice about it and bought it off of me for parts.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dark Void. Looked like Uncharted with jetpacks, which alone sold me... on a buggy, shitty, barely playable game that lasted all of six fucking hours.

Fallout 3. Just a day before Bethesda announced the GoTY edition. Much rage was had.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
phenomenological said:
PlayStation 3.

nuff said
I keep going to buy an Xbox 360, but I don't want to buy a system with only one game I want to play.

:p

OP: Probably Mutant X... I could tolerate bad special effects and cheesy storyline, but as soon as I heard "Tele-empathy" I hit stop and ranted to myself for 5 mins about the idiocy of the statement.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
I paid $500 for a hooker to @#$% my @#$% around and @#$% @#$% @#$% @#$% for a few hours.

Two days later... BAM. Herpes.

No, not really.
Or maaaybe really.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
Well, I bought a bunch of games on Steam yesterday, the first day of the summer sale. So far I've lost $11 on lowered prices. Let's see how much more money will flee my wallet before the end!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I paid way too much for a piece of paper known as a university degree. So far, it hasn't paid off all that much... it definitely is an overpriced piece of shit.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
I purchased the original Neverwinter Knights from gamestop, it wasn't problem with the actual game but the store itself. It was the last copy so they gave me an opened pc game, so I got home the disk didn't work. So I went back to the store again to return/exchange it, problem was it was an opened pc game and they didn't want to refund it despite the disk not working. I spent an hour there until I was asked to leave. It was only after I went to another gamestop store I was able to exchange it.

FreeCookies

Oct 12, 2011
I bought Civ V about 3 weeks ago. It's now half price in the steam sale.
Only £10 difference, though. I guess it could have been worse.