Your name has now been changed to your username

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
The "Bladeborn" bit might raise a few eyebrows, considering it comes across like a heavy metal stage name or suchlike, but "Gildan" is for all intents and purposes the online identity that I've painstakingly constructed for myself and I've operated under it for years now. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there are more people who know me as Gildan then there are that know me by "my actual name that I will certainly not be divulging now to a collection of random internet strangers, no sirree!".

So yeah, I wouldn't mind being called Gildan - I have conversations now (the out loud kind, thanks to Ventrilo servers and Guild Wars) wherein I'm addressed as such, so I already know that answering to that name doesn't feel weird at all.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I've already got an email, facebook and a few other things under the name "Bruno Thepig". Honestly, I'd be quite amused. After I got used to being Bruno instead of Luke...

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Kailan to Riobux...I'm not sure it would matter since it'd just be from one strange name to another.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I'm actually okay with this, I think it's a pretty good screen name and it wouldn't be too awkward to use in real life. I went by the name Van for quite a while anyways so it may be more nostalgic than anything. I also got called VanQ (pronounced Vank) over vent on most MMOs and I think that sounds pretty sweet.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Awesome, that's how I'd feel. As any sane person would do in my situation, I would persue a life of heroism. Spandex and all.

Sunrider84 said:
Not the worst thing that could happen, since a lot of people call me "Sunnie" IRL anyway, because they got to know me by my screen name (except the numbers. Damn you, nickstealer, you aren't even active!)

EDIT: Hey, there is no user named Sunrider anymore! Damn it, I wanna change names. ;_;
Don't fret, user! If you go to your profile tab, then click on "Update Account Information" under "Profile Options" you can change your name. You can only do it once, though.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
Boy, my classmates back at west fork school better come up with one fuck of an apology.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Well since its a Real life nickname , not much will change at least for a big part of my friends.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
I'd actually enjoy it since people will call me professor all the time even though james isn't my real first or last name.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
this is the name I use in online RPs anyway, so I'm fine with being called it by everyone else.