Your opinion on Cannibalism.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Rinji said:
I would never eat another human being except for pure survival. And then only if I knew how he died.
Pretty much this. Only in an incredibly dire situation and if there was absolutely no other option.

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
Fayathon said:
I'd like to move for cannibalism to be grounds for leniency in murder cases, seeing how it's less wasteful.

Cyber cookie for the first person to get the reference.
wow, no responses yet? calvin and hobbes

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I don't see it as morally wrong but I do think it's a bit disgusting. If you had to do it to survive then I completely understand but if you're doing it just because you can then... yuck.

iamjonah

Feb 19, 2010
What do you think about animals eating their own species?
Nothing in particular - the same thing I think of any animal

What do you think of Cannibalistic tribes?
Nothing in particular - the same thing I think of any tribe

What do you think of eating an arm/leg/whole-person to survive?
Probably a good idea, unless if the food was somehow contaminated (thus defeating the purpose)

Would you eat someone to survive?
Definitally

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Booze Zombie said:
It's fucking digusting and I will murder anyone who does it if I meet them. I took that question well...
Can I have the bodies afterwards, and if I can make a request, prefer them young and tender

What, it's all just meat

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Mr.K. said:
Booze Zombie said:
It's fucking digusting and I will murder anyone who does it if I meet them. I took that question well...
Can I have the bodies afterwards, and if I can make a request, prefer them young and tender

What, it's all just meat
So, Mr. Cannibal, what's your favourite body part?
Actually. That can be another question!
Awesomes.
Wait there!

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
The Kuru tribe in Papua New Guinea eat their dead ceremonially. The men eat the brains while the women eat everything else. That is why only the men contract the Kuru prionic disease (because the diseased prion protein only resides in the brain and can cross into the blood stream without being digested).

So i guess from a health point of view, maybe stop it?

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Purple Shrimp said:
Fayathon said:
I'd like to move for cannibalism to be grounds for leniency in murder cases, seeing how it's less wasteful.

Cyber cookie for the first person to get the reference.
wow, no responses yet? calvin and hobbes
I am nothing, if not a man of my word:

And I too am quite surprised at how long it took anyone to get that.

DoxyGrim

May 19, 2011
Count Igor said:
Cannibals that we know about are mainly just fiction.
NONFICTIONAL CANNIBALS:
-Albert Fish
-Alferd Packer
-Andrei Chikatilo
-Armin Meiwes
-Issei Sagawa
-Jeffrey Dahmer

To name a few...

Anyway, I love cannibalism. I've never tried it myself, but I think it's interesting. I don't really see why it should be illegal, because eating an other human isn't that much different than eating an other animal. Not in my opinion, anyway. Keeping up with serving humans as meals could help control the population too, which incidentally, is one reason why humans eat other animals.

To answer the questions:

1) I don't think we should feed other animals food that contains the flesh (or by-products) of the same species. It's why I refuse to feed Iams to the lovely animals that live in my house.

2) Not much. Not in the sense that I think low of them, but I don't have much of an opinion on them. It's what they do to live, it's their culture, and it's their choice. Fine by me.

3) That's fine, I guess. I could do it if I had to make that choice.

4) As stated above, yes.

5) Oh, I love this question! ^-^ I would probably eat anything that's not too fleshy or creepy, like the ears, nose, eyes, tongue, foot, digits, or liver. My human "product" of choice, though, would have to be blood. Straight from the neck or arm.

Sronpop said:
I imagine we taste like shit though, the don't exactly have as health a diet compared to a lot of animals.
Humans actually taste like pork...supposedly.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
What do you think about animals eating their own species? Edit: Sorry. Worded this badly. I meant us feeding animals their own species for cheap food?
Not a very good idea. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy]

What do you think of Cannibalistic tribes?
I took the sneering imperialist perk, so I guess I don't particularly like them. Bloody savages.

What do you think of eating an arm/leg/whole-person to survive?
That said, I also took the cannibalism perk. So I guess it's more a case of not liking them because they're tribes, rather than the whole cannibalism thing... oh, that question's over? Erm... I wouldn't hold it against anyone. I mean, if the alternative's starvation. Probably even if the alternative wasn't starvation, just being sort of peckish. As long as their already dead, it's just meat, isn't it?

A lot of people go on about respect for the dead, I don't think the dead would care too much, they're dead, after all. Hell, chow down on my corpse if you want to, I won't need it any more.

Would you eat someone to survive?
Yeah, ok then.

...that was a request, right?

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I'm not for killing someone solely to eat their body (unless it's consensual and all), but I've got nothing against cannibalism on principle. Human meat is just meat, except it comes from a human. Plus I'd imagine it would be quite nutritional for you, you know, seeing as humans are made of things that other humans need to survive. Course I've never actually tasted human meat so I don't know if it's the best thing to eat. I have heard that burnt bodies smell like roasted pork though.

And I think I'll just leave this here...
<youtube=sJ3kVtd2CCA>

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Cannibalism is quite common in the animal kingdom. Hell, all sorts of critters eat their own young\their own parents.

We have this recycling fetish, the impetus to "use every part of the animal, like the injuns" but when people find out that involves grinding animal bones and incorporating it into feed to close the calcium\phosphorus cycle, theres so much indistinct outrage.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Desperate times can call for desperate measures.

When you are starving to death and stranded with no other source of food besides the corpses of the lucky bastards who died in the plane crash, the option starts to look a lot less disgusting and horrible.

So yes, I'd be willing to eat a person if my life depended on it. Not in much of a hurry to try it though.