Your personal demons...

Feb 13, 2008
Crabs/Lobsters, Teeth crumbling, Public Speaking, Flesh eating bacteria, Open distance, Maggots and the destruction of trust.

Nukes, Terrorism, Snakes, Spiders, Fights, Flames don't, strangely.

Insignia19

Sep 1, 2009
UnusualStranger said:
I only fear that when I die, all I have done will amount to nothing. But then again, perhaps I am doomed to that fate anyway.

Perhaps a personal demon I should confront is looking upon failure and expecting it.
You ain't alone, I have a fear of being forgotten when I'm gone. I know it's inevitable to be forgotten no matter what you do but I'd like to be remembered for something. I can't remember the name of the poem but it was about a king who made a great statue of himself and how over the centuries it slowly crumbled and faded from existence. Hopefully there's something else to do beyond this life, otherwise what's the point?

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
arcstone said:
I really really really don't like swimming in the ocean.

I keep fantasizing about what's down there.
Only Cthulhu but he is great once you get to know him.

My depression due to the fact I am unable to derive enjoyment from ANYTHING, including a girl I drove away despite the fact she is the only one that understands me...

That and the Japanese tourist I have locked in my basement.

Aug 25, 2009
Personal demons. I'm gonna stick with my confirmed manic depression, my suspected autism (sorta) and my crippling lack of self-esteem.

Oh, I'm sorry, were people using this thread to say things they're scared of? My manic depression and wasps.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Insignia19 said:
You ain't alone, I have a fear of being forgotten when I'm gone. I know it's inevitable to be forgotten no matter what you do but I'd like to be remembered for something. I can't remember the name of the poem but it was about a king who made a great statue of himself and how over the centuries it slowly crumbled and faded from existence. Hopefully there's something else to do beyond this life, otherwise what's the point?
Heh....Recently had a discussion about this....I argue why does there have to be a point? Cannot things just be?

Anyway....It isn't the fact that I will eventually be forgotten. I expect that. Its just that I will be almost quickly let go. No one would even take note of my passing. Not even friend and family. I'm not sure if your fear is that detailed, but I just thought I should have clarified.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I failed so at so many things I've poured my heart into that I'm too afraid to try again at anything that I care about - be it work, hobbies, relationships or anything.

There's only so much damage a body,mind, and heart can take before you start to second guess yourself. I don't know If I will ever be able to be happy because of it.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
I'm afraid of planes, until I get on them, I'm afraid of a nuclear bomb detonating nearby. I fear growing old and alone, I hate public places, not like malls or places of the sort, but bars and clubs and parties. I can't bring myself to ask a girl out, but I have a lot of friends who are girls. I go insane from my OCD.

Little things, really.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Personal demons? Okay. Come on out, boys!

Who disturbs me rest? Come on! I had a dream about throwing New Jersey at France!

I think brain-boy called us out, boss.

Gazuga not like being in head! Let me out more often!

Silence, you ape! Now then...what do you want, Jack?

Guys, these people wanted to know my personal demons. You up for that?

You know, there's quite alot of us in there, Mr. Writer. This could take all day.

Nightmare and Vortek gave the international 'screw you' just now. They're back asleep.

Dammit! Why can't we have nice things?!

Because we're evil?

-_- Oh yeah... That sucks, yo.

Can we GO now?

Yeah, fine. Assholes...

Later, man.

*Sigh* Never easy handling those guys. I mean, there's so many of them and I keep inventing more and-

Ummm...

What do you want, Gazuga? Wait, what's that smell?

Well, Gazuga had to go, and it's hard to get outside the head, so...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
Things I am afraid of:

The Government

Teenage Girls

Spiders

My own anger

A crippling fear that I will die without realising my full potential

My brother never visiting me again

Loneliness, mainly because it does incredibly bad things to my head. I go a bit cuckoo when I get lonely. As in "Fear and Loathing" cuckoo.

Not being able to find a slightly older woman who will cradle me in her bosom on cold nights at University (at least not yet)

The idea that people aren't reading anymore.

4chan (it fills me with terror, to the extent I wrote a horror novel about what would happen if a forum of similar influence were to be annihilated by a curse).

Not being good at video games, tabletop games or anything competitive that isn't art related or useless.

The fear that I am not being paranoid enough.

The fear that my paranoia will go too far, which results in a sub-paranoia that I will be too paranoid about silly things and not enough about Global Warming.

Does that answer your question?

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I'm paranoid, I have anger issues, I can get really stressed out over minor things, I'm kind of an asshole, I'm terrified of large crowds and social interaction, and I'm so afraid of needles that I won't take a blood test even though my mum thinks I have all sorts of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Yet surprisingly, I'm not the mess you might think I am.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I'm insanely scared of the ocean. Even oceans in video-games scare me shitless.

Also I can't play sports which can be troublesome at times...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008

They look like this!

Actually, I mostly just have a crippling fear of failure and the thought that I'm wasteing my life.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I fear what I have to do tomorrow. It never ends!!!

And the color yellow...

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
my demons are the voices in my head and to die in line of fire cause I'm gonna be a cop but it will be for the right cause for helping others

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Julianking93 said:
That and I'm scared of the dark. Seriously, if there's a power outage at night and its pitch black, I'm terrified. I have to hold someone or something to make myself feel better.
This. I'm terrified of the dark, and night-blind to boot. Sitting in the darkness frightens me.

I'm also scared quite shitless of not being liked. I tend to be something of a doormat to make people like me, and this causes a lot of problems. However, I've been working through this one, and I think I'm making strides.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
i only fear 2 things .. EVER

1. sharks
2. an emp that somehow destroys all gaming everywhere forever