Your PokeSavior

La Barata

Apr 13, 2010
Picture this. You're eight years old, and you're playing Pokemon on your brand new gameboy colour. You've stepped out of your depth, and are currently getting beaten like a cheap drum by a gym leader. You're down to your last pokemon, and suddenly, you find a trick. It's just a little cheap thing, a move combination, but your last pokemon just completely wasted the gym leader.

For me, it was Celadon City gym, against Erica. I was being destroyed, and was down to just my Drowzee. I was about to lose, but then I realized a slight hope. Hypnosis: put them to sleep. Dream Eater: Do damage while asleep, and restore hp to the user.

I won.

What's your story, Escapist?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I wish I had a story like this... Since day one, I've never had trouble with a gym leader. Though, even at age eight I made sure to memorize the type chart before even beginning to play...

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I always checked how many pokemon they had and then went and made sure I had same number it came from when I watched the anime as a child and they did that xD

WolfenD

May 9, 2010
I don't have a Poke Savior story but I do have a Poke tank story. When I went to Lt Surge's gym I had a Golem. I destoryed all of his electric pokemon. And this was in Red.

mr.mystery

Mar 24, 2011
happened yesterday actually...was fighting ghetsis in pokemon black and his WAY overpowered hydrigon was owning my entire team. Then I threw my last pokemon. that electric Zebra thing. that sounds like you are starting a leafblower everytime hes tossed out....anyway I kept quick attack and totally won.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
This always happened to me back when I played the Stadium games against a leader or finalist.

Its one on one and I'm on the verge of losing. I'm only left with my Gengar barely alive. At a last ditch attempt I use hypnosis and pray I land it. Then... SUCCESS my opponent is asleep and I prompted to spam dream eater thus me winning the match.

God bless that set of pixels for saving my ass more than I can count.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
I'm not the kind who has any kind of tactic going into a battle, so this happened to me all the time.

C'mon fissure, fucking hit already!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Articuno is up against a Fighting type with Rock moves in Battle Tower, last surviving team member.

EXTRASENSORY...And a successful flinch. EXTRASENSORY. KO'd the opponent.

I love you, Articuno.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
I have one for a battle against a friend.

I believe this was a fight on my Diamond against a friend, 6 Lv 100's against each other, started out okay, but she managed to get the better of my, and got me down to my last pokemon, Gallade, while she still had 3, Moltres being the one she had out at the moment. So I did my usual tactic with my Gallade, and try a swords dance first, She uses Fly, I prepare my attack (Either Psycho cut or Night slash, can't remember exactly, probably Psycho cut cos of STAB) Fly gets Gallade to 3 HP, Psycho cut takes down Moltres, Proceed Gallade sweeping the rest of the team, vitory for me.

Lbsjr

Dec 29, 2010
Heh... Mine was against my dad. He had Blue, I had Yellow. He was trashing me horridly, but I had an alakazam backed up and he had mainly fighters, and I barely won because my last psychic was a crit.

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
I have a story, it happened a few hours ago, was dusting off Pokemon Emerald, all of my Pokemon were 55, I defeat the Elite Four, I start with my awesome Slacking and the Champion sends out Waillord I destroy it with Hyper Beam, one shot. So I'm feeling pretty confident. Now this dude is water type, so I do everything in my power not to use my Blaziken, because he would be destroyed. I get down to the Champions final Pokemon, Gyrados, he destroys my Slacking (Hyper Beam ran out of PP!) my Metagross, and I use my Salamence. Gyrados doesn't know any Ice moves, so I spam Fly. He kills me. The one thing I was dreading. Using Blaziken. Obviously he would one shot me. Funnily enough I had exhausted his Potions, and my Blaziken was quicker, so I used Slash and the one thing I was praying for? CRITICAL STRIKE! So now I love my Blaziken =D

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
Recently, my Smugleaf saved me when I was doing the Elite Four. I was fairly underlevelled, but luckly I had trained Smugleaf to have Reflect and Light Screen. Combined with Leech Seed and Leaf Blade he was always able to chip down the opponent's health, or pass on the defence boost to the rest of my party, making the matches more managable. Not to mention it's got a ridiculously huge speed stat, though the Hasty nature might explain that. Wouldn't have beaten them without it XD

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Unnown in Pokemon Gold. I was fighting Lance, and managed to get his last Pokemon Aerodactyl near death. Next turn, he uses Hyper Beam and kills my 5th Pokemon. All I had was my level 5 Unown. I sent him out, used Hidden Power, and killed Aerodactyl. Thanks Arceus for that Hyper Beam recharge time.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
My Spearow during a Nuzlocke run helped saved me from a wipe in Gold. I was up against my rival's Croconaw and he had already taken out two of my Pokemon. I was left with my Spearow and Quilava (both of who were on low health), and my Sandshrew and Hoppip (who were too low level (Sandshrew) or had no useful moves (Hoppip)). I didn't want to lose my Quilava, but it was looking like I was gonna wipe anyway. So I sent out my Spearow in the hopes of maybe sacrificing him to save the team. I managed to use Mud-slap on the Croconaw and when it attacked it missed. Again and again and again. So my Spearow managed to chip away at the enemies health and then went on to take out my rival's Zubat.

From then on out my Spearow (now a Fearow) went on to save several of my Pokemon's ass. He's rather hit-or-miss (fuckin' always hits himself when confused) and quite the glass cannon, but he always seems to come in use when I'm about to lose a team member. That Fearow is my bro in that game.

I've always liked accuracy reducing moves, but that one saved my ass from a wipe (only other Pokemon I had was a Togepi in a Box).

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Veldie said:
I always checked how many pokemon they had and then went and made sure I had same number it came from when I watched the anime as a child and they did that xD
Though weirdly Pikach never stayed down. Everytime ash went ot pick him up, he was back up. There's no reason he couldnt have went back in.

OT: It wasnt really a gym battle but an online battle. I was staring down a mewtwo with my Vaporeon, one on one, both EV trained. Vaporeon took three thunders, two crit, and looked ready to fall.

Then my wish kicked in, Wish. I had used it early and forgot. So did my friend, cause after I healed I heard a long stream of obscenities.

I proceeded to kill with Surf and now have a story about how my water dog owned his mewtwo.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
My rattata in Pokemon Yellow. Tail whipped it enough for mankey's scratch to be effective against Brock's onix.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic
Spec. attack boosting move (calm mind or something along that line)

pick a pokemon that can learn all these moves, and has STAB in one of them

you win the game.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Pokemon Yellow. GameBoy Color. Brock. I had killed his Geodude, and weakened his Onyx, but he managed to take down Pikachu and the rest of my team... save for one level 2 Caterpie. For some reason Brock decided to make his Onyx only use Bide, so I used String Shot whenever Bide started, and Tackled him once it failed because I had done no damage. About twenty pulse-pounding minutes later, the day was mine.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Eh, Conkeldurr has been powerhousing his way through this generation of gym leaders.

I kinda lost track of whatever I was going to say when I read the part about almost losing to Erika.