Your Pseudonym, how did you come up with it?

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
Long story, I guess.

I went to Japan last summer to participate in a summer university course. When I bought a cell phone, in order to easily keep in contact with friends and send free mails home, I got to choose a mail address. I originally wanted "doggedawg" as a pun on my name, but the store clerk heard me wrong and put in "daggedawg" instead. Since then, I have started to use that as a username for various online accounts.

Dark Harbinger

Apr 8, 2011
From two rather infamous vessels, also as a reference to great evil, darkness and the void.

Harbinger from Mass Effect 2, and of course Harbinger comes from the void.

Harbinger from Knights Of The Old Republic II, a vessel of corpses that brings darkness.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
AvsJoe said:
My name is Joseph and I am a fan of the Colorado Avalanche NHL team.

Hence: [user]AvsJoe[/user].

[sup][sup]The fact that the most famous and successful player in the history of the franchise is also named Joe (Joe Sakic) is just a coincidence.[/sup][/sup]
Hahaha, Joe Sakic is a relative of mine by marriage! It's a ways away and I've never met him personally, but he's actually on my family tree now.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I got sick of the name I had been using for CS:S so I decided to come up with a new one. I've always loved space so I decided to use that somehow.

Eventually I settled on SpAc3man. The caps S and A being the initials of my first and surnames. The 3 was there because it was cool to have a bit of l33t when I came up with it. I tend to use SpAceman more than SpAc3man these days.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
I'm female, apparently a dork, and I was born in '90. Therefore I am dorkette1990 (usually someone has stolen plain Dorkette).
My handle when on steam is usually the WOMBAT, because the word wombat looks and sounds amazing (unlike the animal - stupid wombats).

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
merkava is a tank so it made sense to name my tank in wow merkava but it was taken so i added an r to the end and now its my standard username.

also if you google image merkavar you get this. which has become my standard avatar too.

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Well the ones I usualy use are: Wolfdude, since I love those fluffy bastards, or Ponyus.
My real name is Pontus, after a kind pony my mother had when she was a child. Miss-click and you have Ponyus =P

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
McPulse said:
dkyros said:
My name comes from a struggle from within, conquering crushing depression and coming out the other side. By this I mean that this was the name of my first D&D character. The half red dragon half drow that kicked everyones asses.

The d is a surname that is actually not pronounced (so its not da-kyros its just kyros). The surname is a mysterious word that starts with d. Kyros was a mix between my real name and the word zero. (10 virtual dollars to the first person to guess my real name).
Kyle?
Dad?

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
David Wooding = Full Name
David - id + e = Dave
Dave + y = Davey
Wooding - Ding = Woo
Davey + Woo = Davey Woo

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
It's the name of the 13th Stellazio coin in Final Fantasy 9. Or it's that obscure zodiac sign that everyone started going on about a few months ago. Take your pick.

[sub](Hint: it's the FF9 thing.)[/sub]

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
Sikachu said:
McPulse said:
dkyros said:
My name comes from a struggle from within, conquering crushing depression and coming out the other side. By this I mean that this was the name of my first D&D character. The half red dragon half drow that kicked everyones asses.

The d is a surname that is actually not pronounced (so its not da-kyros its just kyros). The surname is a mysterious word that starts with d. Kyros was a mix between my real name and the word zero. (10 virtual dollars to the first person to guess my real name).
Kyle?
Dad?
SONS!?

Rano

Dec 14, 2010
I either go by Rano,my long held RPG name from Neverwinter Nights (that i transferred to WoW), or Xan, a shortening of my name and a very old username from when i was a kid (not to mention Baldur's Gate and Unreal Tournament that totally copied it from me)

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
First three letters in my last name + first letter in my middle name + first three letters in my first name.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
A play on the debut album of the melodic thrash death metal band Darkane.

The album was titled Rusted Angel so I slaved away for months before coming up with Custard Angel as an alternative.

I laughed like a mad man for about 2 seconds then just decided to go with it.

Thing is, I don't actually like the album, nor the band, that much. The band has some real high points, and I definitely don't hate them, but I probably wouldn't rate them on a list of my 10 favourite bands. Probably not top 20 either.

Definitely top 50 though. I'll give them that at least.

McPulse

Mar 23, 2011
googleback said:
Sikachu said:
McPulse said:
dkyros said:

Kyle?
Dad?
SONS!?
Meta?