Mass Effect 2

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
1. Fallout 3
2. Demon's Souls
3. World of Warcraft
4. Neverwinter Nights
5. Fallout New Vegas

Edit: Somehow I missed Persona 4, it would've been probably somewhere on this list, but I won't change it now, just a honorable mention:) /Edit

No Bioware stuff, I'm sorry, ME is not an RPG and DA:O has the most boring combat in rpg history.

I'd have a hard time calling Deus Ex an RPG as well. It's definitely my favorite game ever, and it was big inspiration to the new Fallouts and ME, but it just isn't an RPG, it's in the same class as ME, except less corridors.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
1. Planescape: Torment
2. Arcanum
3. Terranigma (frankly, these two are interchangeable)
4. Final Fantasy IX
5. Final Fantasy VI? STALKER: SoC? Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup? Something I can't recall at the moment? No clue.

Duck Sandwich said:
1)Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
2)Paper Mario
3)Grandia 2
4)Avernum 6
5)Star Wars: Knights O' the Ol' Republic
Oh, neat, another Spiderweb fan. Wouldn't place the Avernum games at the top of my list or anywhere near it, personally, but they're good fun. If only I could get Geneforge working in a window, I'd play through them soon enough. Well, aside from the issue of time.

TheeBassMasta

Feb 14, 2011
Gunna be a tough list...

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Knights of the Old Republic
3. Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
4. Mass Effect
5. Final Fantasy XII

I'm playing Fallout : New Vegas just now and that would be my number 6 ;)

Woem

May 28, 2009
The classics:
- Fallout 1 and 2
- Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 with both expansions
- Planescape: Torment
- Arcanum

The indie:
- Eschalon: Book I

The oddball:
- Stonekeep (1995 by Interplay). This game was an absolute revolution! And here's the sad part: Black Isle Studios worked on a sequel called Stonekeep 2: Godmaker for five years before cancelling it in 2001.

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
Digaea 2 (3's the better game but I get nostalgic for 2)
Fallout 2 (could've been 3 but the sheer freedom of 2 makes it one of my fave games of all time)
Final Fantasy X (has the best leveling and battle system of all FFs imo)
Knights of the Old Republic (Think what Bioware could do with KOTOR now if they still had the licence it'd be Mass Effect with lightsabers how awesome would that be)
Mass Effect 1/2 (If I had to decide it'd be 1 but I count 1 and 2 part of the same game like I consider LoTR one film)

dawdarsd

Aug 16, 2010
1.borderlands
2.mass effect 1(haven't played the second one, so i don't know which one's better)
3.dungeon siege
4.fallout 3
5.new vegas
I know that most of these are half fps half rpg,but they still probably count.
plus never played a better game than borderlands,the dlcs were perfect too.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Wasteland
Neverwinter Nights
The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
In no particular order:
Diablo II
Fallout 3
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout: New Vegas
Titan Quest

Enough with the discussions already. Let us all just dump our lists here and not even care what others have posted. That's how these things seem to work, after all.

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010
No particular order

Final Fantasy IX
Persona 3
Tales of the Abyss
Resonance of Fate
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

hctib_elttil

Sep 24, 2010
in order

plane scape torment
the legend of zelda that one game nintendo has been releasing since 1986
mother 3/earthbound (still cant decide which one i prefer)
boulder's gate 2
chrono trigger

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Mmm well not in order because each of them have something else to offer

Fallout 3 even though yes love New Vegas to :)
A game that allowed me to play it as I wanted it..within limitations. I mean It allows me to sneak, snipe, take out enemies at their weak points and hide in the shadows!

Neverwinternights, the non 2 one [piece of crashing ..] Very nice basic game that was highly replayable. Due to the very different types of how you had to game certain jobs. A magic user was really weaker.but damn the spells the spells!

Fable, I only played the first with the added content :) But yeah if you are tired of super serious games. Fable is charmingly fun Just Charmingly fun! And yes there is a real RPG under that bright coloured cover.

Right four yeah..I know weak sauce but I am going for Zelda. Hey it is the basic RPG formula done again and again and we keep buying it. Something must be working and yes it is good!

Right this is territory that is harder, Final Fantasy, some titles I love and others I don't care about. I haven't played them to much lately though so putting them here? Maybe Mass Effect 2 then? But really it is a high polish title great story, great game.. like dragon age. Yes I see how it can be one of the best ever.. but it is to young still for me to really make such a judgement of staying power.

Both dragon age and mass effect are great.. how sticky the staying power is well future will tell right?

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
1.Gothic 2
2.Baldurs Gate 2
3.Broken Hearts
4.Mass Effect
5.World of Warcraft

poiumty said:
Baldur's Gate 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Baldur's Gate 2

Everything else is just WAY lower. Note that my #1 favourite game is stil Fallout 2, i just consider BG2 to be the greatest RPG.
Nicely said. I have met many people who hated it even if they were RPG fans because it was just too much RPG for them.