Your total nerd moment as a gamer

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Cheesus333 post=9.70892.708756 said:
When "What was Mario called in the original Donkey Kong game?" came up on a trivia quiz, i nearly screamed right then and there. I still reckon I should have gotten extra points for knowing that she wasn't Peach or even Princess Toadstool back then. Pauline... what a name!
He was Jumpman, of course!

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Holy hell this thread has really made me realize that I'm not so much of a nerd...Probably the most I could say is that I can't remember the last time I played any kind of sport of my own free will and that I've gone plenty of days without leaving my house (Mostly whenever possible). And sometimes I say WT... in conversation as if I'm going to say WTF but then I actually say the last word, so I say WT F*ck. Some people found that funny, like the first of the 10,000 times I've said it.

MrNeil post=9.70892.708038 said:
Playing the original Conflict: Desert Storm with three mates for 12 hours.
By the way that was an amazing game. I don't know how many times I've played through that game with my friend.

Dustiness

May 12, 2008
I think humming the music for scene 6 of Dynamite Headdy in synchrony with my equally geeky best mate when I was 14 tended to alienate the rest of the class.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Johnn Johnston post=9.70892.708786 said:
Cheesus333 post=9.70892.708756 said:
When "What was Mario called in the original Donkey Kong game?" came up on a trivia quiz, i nearly screamed right then and there. I still reckon I should have gotten extra points for knowing that she wasn't Peach or even Princess Toadstool back then. Pauline... what a name!
He was Jumpman, of course!
10 experience! Level up.

I also forgot, I once created my own table-top RPG. I had the weapons, the races, the areas, the armiour, the spells... I even made a fair haggle system! It was called "Generic Unnamed RPG".

I never played it.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Whenever I'm put into a situation where I'm in no way prepared, I make jokes about starting off with a spanner (wrench to the Americans).

boyitsme95

Feb 26, 2008
PureChaos post=9.70892.708033 said:
scarbunny post=9.70892.708026 said:
Ignoring my naked girlfriend and explaining why some one was wrong on the internet instead.

I also asked a mugger if I could roll for initiative. It didn't work
we have a winner!!
Congrats! Here is your trophy!

PapaSanchez

Sep 4, 2008
Flying from mainland Europe to the UK for a RL guild meet.
Felt like the biggest geek when airport security asked me why I was visiting.

Had a great time though.

Dr_Zaius

Sep 8, 2008
I don't think im the only one but i can resite word for word the first level of half-life 2

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
I called my friend a noob when I beat him at a drinking game.

I got a shameful slap round the head, and I deserved it.

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
Attaching an extra button to the side of my mouse programmed to Auto Run my World of Warcraft character. I even brought my own soldering iron...

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
A friend and I tried to do the co-op mode on serious sam 2. Man that was a big game.....we literally spent the entire day, and completed ONE bloody level!

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
I have most of the FFX and FFX2 soundtrack on my ipod. I own and WoW t-shirt and hat. I bought an ocarina just so i could play Ocarina of Time Songs (and i can). There are many more but i can't remember them at the moment, but i think my nerdiest moment was either when i found a GBA emulator on my school's computer network with FF Tactics Advance on it or when i bought Spore the other day, started playing it at 7.00pm and finished it at 12:30am, five and a half hours of utter nerdom. I regret nothing!

Edit: I can also quote every warcraft 3 units random quotes from memory "You can take me blunderbuss, when ye pry it from me cold dead hands!"

MRMIdAS2k

Apr 23, 2008
I was in a game shop waiting for a friend to break for lunch, playing Everybody's Golf on the PSP, I sunk a hole-in-one and proceeded to yell "YES! GET IN THERE YOU BASTARD!"

Not my proudest moment.

Bronzebow

Aug 21, 2008
Explaining to my (slightly gamer) friend what the following phrase meant:

"Tanks hate me because I AoE early and pull aggro."

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
When me and my frinds were sitting at the special table handing out yearbooks, we were talking about brawl (particularly loudly) until the girl eating her lunch across from us finaly yelled "What the hell are you guys talking about?!?! Why do you care?!?!"

I laughed so hard, though my friends didn't.

Another time was when I was yelling "I AM THE LAST GUY! THE LAST GUY, IS ME! I AM THE LAST GUY!!" in the cafeteria. Just got some looks.

I love those moments :D