Your toughest Skyrim battle

Badong

May 26, 2010
Getting the fucking game installed, since Steam's services in the region of the globe I inhabit has basically gone tits-up My first frost troll, since I thought it was a pushover and therefore tanked it like it was a humble mudcrab.

Mr.Incognitus

Dec 7, 2010
The last quest for the College of Winterhold, it went a little something like this:

"Hmmm, this is an rather uninteresting dungeon so far, I wonder whats in this next room
What? Why is there a dragon coming out of the ground and why is it so angry at me!?
*After dying several times* Well, I hope there's nothing else like that in this dungeon"

Turns out there was, a Draugr Deathlord that proceeded to leeroy and one-hit me several times with a Warhammer
And a Dragon Priest.
And Frost Trolls outside the exit.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
The bounty which I got in Solitude from
The dark brotherhood quest
snowballed somehow into 7680 gold. Fine! I thought, never liked that city anyway, imperial scum.

Turns out the Imperial leader also want to have some of that bounty cash, as he was also hostile towards me during the peace treaty quest =(.

Had to pay the dept and give up my stolen goods, which I didn't think of putting in a box until after I had payed.

Totally count as a tough battle, or at least decision.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
This undead lich guy who drops an overarmored mask that gives disease resistances. He was two hitting me with his ice blast, I just ran circles around him until his pathing messed up and he hid behind a pillar with his right arm sticking out, which I shot several dozen steel arrows into until he died.

I find it funny how I can beat the shit out of dragons with barely any difficulty, but if 3 or 4 guys gang up on me, or if I am fighting 'sub boss' enemies like Dragur Scourges I get murdered, but I have no enchantments, so...

The frost troll wasn't that bad. I cheap-shot him with arrows like I did the undead guy. If you shoot him as soon as you see him from in hiding, he can't see you and you keep getting sneak-attack bonuses. Shield coupled with flames decimate trolls though.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Probably a mammoth... a single mammoth, all by itself, just roaming the wilderness by itself, and i took it on at level 13 as a stealth character.... That battle was not worth it, but definitely the most entertaining as i had 3 people on my couch next to me screaming me on and warning me of every little detail XD

Also, just before that, unlocked a master chest on my first attempt... WINNING!

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Interesting Thread.

I'm playing as a dualcasting Orc-Mage with maximized Magicka up to level 42.
Which meant that beginning from level 30 I have to hit the enemy first or die within one or two blows. With an Armorclass of 0 my main problem are those filthy rich brigands who start firing Ebony Arrows with their enchanted Glass Bows at me. Instantkill for me if I haven't my Ironskin spell ready or get caught of guard.
On the upside, once I start unleashing hell on them they don't have a chance.

Back on topic:

Toughest fight was Ochendor
from one of the Daedric Quests.

Extreme high resistance to ALL Elemental Destruction spells. Thus no staggering damage from my Magic while he kept spamming Lightning bolts out his a** draining both Magicka and Health rather quickly.
So I had to remember my Orcish Roots, got into Power Bloodrage and Dualwielded both Summoned Blades to cut him to pieces. Was tricky, lacked finess but hell was it satisfying...

Conclusion: "Never mess with an Orc Mage, even though you have Elemental resistances..."

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
I love how you can have battles that include several 'factions'.

For a quest I had agreed to meet two NPC's at a location, as I was running toward that location I could see a dragon flying overhead blasting the ground with ice. It wasn't until I arrived that I saw it was a huge Forsworn camp who were being attacked by the dragon and in-turn defending against it, my NPC's had wandered into the camp (at first I didn't realise it was them, I thought there was another group of enemies in there) and were dishing out damage to the Forsworn and dragon and then I wandered in and just before had pulled a Sabertooth which decided Forsworn meat is tastier and started chomping some of them.

Dragonborn vs Dragon vs Sabertooth vs Forsworn camp vs NPC's.

It wasn't hard, it was just epic.

I haven't really encountered anything I would call hard yet.

Nachos911

Aug 8, 2011
I was wandering through the wilderness at night, and I came across this cottage. Turns out inside there was an absurdly powerful mage, and he was pissed that I broke into his house. So I ran outside, and the game AUTOSAVES. Suddenly, BOOM, dragon shows up. 10 seconds later, BOOM, sabercat shows up. So basically I'm running for my life chugging invisibility potions while I hear this epic battle going on behind me, and I'm literally screaming and running for my life. It wasn't so much a battle as fleeing in terror, but too bad I keep dying a horrible death. Also too bad, that the autosave means I have to replay this over, and over, and over again until I can run away properly. Even after I ran to the other side of the mountain, I could still hear the battlecries...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
While I was doing a quest at winterhold
To kill all of these little magic anomilies that seemed really hard
An ancient dragon landed on my head. I still don't know how I survived but thank god for stone pillars... and my pony (Friendship IS magic). I'm playing on master so it was pretty horrible.

rhizhim said:
I laughed a lot.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
King of the Sandbox said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
King of the Sandbox said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
That stupid fucking alchemist near Whiterun.

"Yeah, this is just me, level 5 dragonborn, taking a stroll around this low level area - oh look, a hut! Goody! Looks nice! Maybe some friendly old lady will give me a quest or something! Blimey, whoever lives here sure does grow some exotic plants in their front garden, better take a peak inside this friendly looking hut.

Ah, its not an old lady after all, but an argonian! Lets see if I can help him out, god knows my race put his ancestors through a lot of shit back in Morrowind, seems to be busy mixi - ah, he seems to have noticed m -

OH SHIT FUCK FUCK ICE SHARDS HOLY ***** FUCK **** SHIT RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN WTF WHERE DID ALL MY HEALTH GO TIME TO GTFO OH SHIT NO THERES A DRAGON DAMN IT WHY FUCK ICE SHARDS AND FIRE OH SHIT"

It wasnt so much a battle as it was me pegging it over a wide open field, with an angry argonian on my back and a dragon swooping above me, occasionally swooping down to bite away large chunks of my health. I somehow managed to kill the alchemist, the dragon would have surely been my death but he somehow decided that those giants over there were much more tasty then me.

Well, the dragon must have started flirting with one of the mammoths or something because that giant was pissed and proceeded to club him to death in no less than 3 hits. For some reason it wouldnt let me absorb the soul though, which pissed me off a little.
Hahahahaha, nice. And I think you have to hurt the dragon at least to claim the soul?
Thats what I thought, but later, I made my way to Rifton and a dragon attacked the city. My contribution to the battle was shouting half encouraging lines to the guards men while I surveyed the battle from a save distance, not even bothering to equip a spell, bow, or sword, and it still gave me the dragon soul.

(Note: by shout, I dont mean I used a dragon shout on the dragon. I didnt. The only thing I did that could have hurt the dragon is run away to hard. I was doing pretty badly in terms of health and mana potions and those are pretty crucial for a low level mage.)
Ah, I was about to be all "Arglebarglebut but but...!" til I read the note at the end. lol

Hmmm. weird. Just an odd bug I guess. But not one that's bother me personally. I've got more dragon souls than I know what to do with. I see a dragon, I run that fucker down. I do not stop until it is dead or flies beyond my sight, like a giant scaly wussy. Hence, I'm sitting on about 9 souls right now, waiting to be used.

i am at the point using my best spell i go kill a standard dragon in 3 shots hardest fight would be krios and a draon at the same time at lvl 17 or something i ended up hight tailing it out of there when a another dragon apeared just after i barely killed the first and krois was still throwing his fireballs off death at me and my horse died taking fireball to save me but one i grew stronger i went there and avenged my horse

i also have over twenty unused souls

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
Either the one where I fought Red Eagle, I was at level 40 mostly with melee, but a few mage skills here and there for back up plans and some archery to even the score before cave brawls start. This guy kicked my ass, three of his ice spears would kill me, plus the bastard turned my atronach against me.

I had to stand beind a pillar and rely on his magicka based attack pattern to keep him at a safe distance while I healed.

Or, the fight where I took on Solitude as a werewolf for an and of the day Skyrim slaughter session. Got up to the Blue palace and just outside the Jarl's quarters before they took me down with combined sword strikes and magicka.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
My toughest battle? well that has to be a captain of some rogues/pirates whoe double crossed me on master difficulty , i haven't played too much on master right now but thats the hardest so far. Big hammers hurt even while blocking almost 1 shots me.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
(like how some people thought the frost troll on the way up the 7000 steps was OP).
Oh that guy? Nah, he just took a little bit of creativity in the execution. For instance, I just climbed up the rocky formation to his left, laughing at the inagile bastard the whole way.

On more than one occasion, I took care of baddies I had originally thought "OP" by FUS RO DAH-ing them off a cliff, followed by uncontrollable laughter. In retrospect, I probably could do that to the troll now, if I'm not already strong enough to cave his skull in with my scimitar.

My hardest fight was probably this Draugr boss character I forgot the name of. I think he was a step above a wight. He only attacked in melee, and the room was separated into two sections, a balcony and a lower area, each linked by two sets of parallel staircases. Beating took a lot of kiting with icespike, 'run and stab' tactics, and shouting off the balcony a couple of times to create distance.

edit: It was a deathlord. That fight was only 2nd in intensity to the time I fought two dragons o.0

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Alcamonic said:
The bounty which I got in Solitude from
The dark brotherhood quest
snowballed somehow into 7680 gold. Fine! I thought, never liked that city anyway, imperial scum.

Turns out the Imperial leader also want to have some of that bounty cash, as he was also hostile towards me during the peace treaty quest =(.

Had to pay the dept and give up my stolen goods, which I didn't think of putting in a box until after I had payed.

Totally count as a tough battle, or at least decision.
Invisibility potions let you do the brotherhood quests without even being detected, avoiding any bounties.
And you can steal back the stuff they take from you from the evidence box that's located in the prison.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
My first dragon priest took sooo long to kill. I was a melee fighter and this was the dragon priest you fight during the main quest. I did almost no damage to it and it killed me with two blasts from its staff.
I ended up hiding in a corner where he couldn't hit me and used the storm call shout over and over for about 15 minutes straight.
On my other playthrough I am an archer assassin and I needed to get to this one dungeon that I hadn't discovered yet. The closest to it that I could fast travel to was called Shear Point. I must have just walked along the outside of the area before because I had no memory of ever going there. I saw what looked like a statue of a dragon perched on top of a word wall and thought: awesome new power. As I approached the wall, it turned out that this was not a statue but a real dragon. No big deal right? WRONG! I ran for the cover of the word wall and as I was absorbing its power, I heard the familiar sound of a coffin being flung open. I turned around and out popped Krosis the dragon priest.
I was brutally murdered almost instantly.
I came back with a certain nearly invincible horse and had him tank all of the damage for me.
The Krosis mask is awesome for stealthy assassins.