Your unique setting to a game.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
A Fantasy Space Age, where the races have used Magic to build ships that can traverse the Nether. It wouldn't be 100% Magic, probably closer to a Magical Steam punk era where Space exploration was done as a financial venture.

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
OKAY
THIS IS GOING TO BE A REAL STRETCH Y'ALL
A GAME LIKE THE ELDER SCROLLS OR OTHER FIRST/THIRD-PERSON FANTASY-ISH GAMES
THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY FANTASY
BUT IN REAL MEDIEVAL TIMES WITHOUT DRAGONS AND WITCHES
BUT EVERYONE THOUGHT THEY WERE THERE
no seriously i want to see something like this

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
I would love a game where almost all the activity outside of cutscenes is at night!
Why? What happens at night? All the action?... with monsters... I think... Let's be honest I have no idea what I'm talking about XD
Play the damn games! The action in Persona 4 takes place in the day and at night in Persona 3! I would give a better description of what I want, but finding the words is tough! *woe is me*
You're quite the salesperson there Tizzy XD

I'll get around to it eventually. I've still got a massive list of games though.

Which one should I start with if I eventually get around to it?

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
How about a SciFi-antasy sandbox where the entire first half of the game you travel through a world that's actually...
On the body of an insanely huge Space Dragon!
So big there's actually whole towns built in the crevices, and factions fighting for control.
And then you get to take control of the Space Dragon, and wander the universe to find new planets and people to join you and build their own spots on your Leviathan-Ship.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I wanted the new GTA to take place in Dover Delaware.
No games take place in Dover Delaware.

But seriously, how come they haven't made a game that does the whole mountain climbing thing? Like Mirrors Edge but on the side of a mountain.
It's gotten to the point where I do get a little vertigoy when playing some games; like in Asscree.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Bigsmith said:
A Fantasy Space Age, where the races have used Magic to build ships that can traverse the Nether. It wouldn't be 100% Magic, probably closer to a Magical Steam punk era where Space exploration was done as a financial venture.
i think Games Workshop has been exploring a similar setting

i would like to see a post apocalyptic game set in Barry Island.... actually you couldnt tell if the apocalypse already happened or not

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I've had one in mind for a while now
an open world RPG-ish thing (though more in line with, say, Minecraft than the Bethesda Fallouts and Elder Scrolls) in a post apocalyptic world that'd be like a combination of Waterworld, Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite
the planet is completely flooded with no habitable land mass and different human "cities" using different types, like some being underwater, some being floating or artificial islands and some being flying and then different types each, like say, what would be UK being a steampunk city while what would be Japan being Cyberpunk

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Maybe something more urban fantasy based? Either that, or a standard fantasy mixed with steampunk/clockpunk elements.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
A Persona game set at night, no school, just in a city drenched in style, catchy music and a crazy urban area.

Would love to see it...
I never played person (don't shoot me), but how would that be significantly different from just a palette swap for the game? Or is that the point XD
*shoots you*

Persona is usually set in a school setting, where you go to school, make friends and you only go out at night to a mall (P3) or to walk around a country town (P4)
except, as far as I know, the original two
in which the city goes down the shitter and you and your bros have to unshit the city, and the whole social life thing started on P3

Harker067

Sep 21, 2010
Wild west dinosaur RPG
Hard science fiction space adventure RPG set in our solar system in 150 years.
predatory bird flight sim.
Grims fairy tales style children's stories survival horror.
Squirrel survivor game inside a city (dealing with people traffic etc)
Multiplayer TAG game :p

There's a few things I`d like to see :p

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Survival Horror without any super natural elements. You play a child locked in a school with a psychopathic janitor. Hiding in lockers and what not while he searches for you singing nursery rhymes and scraping fire axe against the lockers. I have always wondered why game are so eager to resort to ghouls and monsters when people can be so much more frightening.

EDIT: I've had this idea kicking around my head for years, but light of the recent tragedy it seems a bit distasteful now doesn't it?

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
I have this idea for a sci-fi anything in my head for some time now. It's kind of like the Matrix, except that it's kind of a cycle where every civilization at some point creates a virtual world and starts sending poorer citizens there, because it's easier to put them in there than keeping them clothed and shit.
So civilizations in the virtual reality also create virtual realities, in which civilizations create virtual realities and so on.
Well, also a part of the cycle thing, because the virtual reality is always a perfect recreation of reality, the Earth or where ever it takes place in is ruined to the point where it's just not possible to live there.
So, it would be that the richest and most powerful people would live in the highest layer. And the real world would of course be destroyed.

What, it would be a good way to justify all of it's game-like elements.

I know, I know, it's basically the Matrix combined with Inception.

Darren Carrigan

Mar 6, 2012
Gecko clown said:
A Film Noire style game where you play as a private eye set in near future London.

I've just always wanted a proper noire style game. L.A Noire was good an' all but it didn't capture the same aesthetic.
stfu and take my godamn money you genius!!!

ever since seeing the UFO in the spore creature stage
and seeing tribal species react to mine I have been wishing for a game like yours...
bravo

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
I'd love to see an open world RPG (in the "Morrowind" vein) that takes place in an alternate 21st century urban setting where monsters are real...and you're one of them.

Yes I know this is basically the "World of Darkness" that "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" takes place...but hear me out (or read me out...as the case may be)

The player would play as a vampire, werewolf, witch or something. And each "Beast" would have it's own sub class that focuses on warrior, stealth, magic and hybridized skills.

So for example, a Mage type Vampire would be a Necromancer whereas a Magic using werewolf would be more of a Shaman.

But here's the kicker: Instead of playing a Chosen One who's destined to save the world from the coming Apocalypse, the goal is simply to survive and rise to Top Dog (or Wolf or Bat, as the case may be) of your particular group.

Alternatively, you could also play as a human "Hunter" who sees the Beasts and keeps the world safe from them. But that doesn't necessarily make you a good guy.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
VeryOddGamer said:
I have this idea for a sci-fi anything in my head for some time now. It's kind of like the Matrix, except that it's kind of a cycle where every civilization at some point creates a virtual world and starts sending poorer citizens there, because it's easier to put them in there than keeping them clothed and shit.
So civilizations in the virtual reality also create virtual realities, in which civilizations create virtual realities and so on.
Well, also a part of the cycle thing, because the virtual reality is always a perfect recreation of reality, the Earth or where ever it takes place in is ruined to the point where it's just not possible to live there.
So, it would be that the richest and most powerful people would live in the highest layer. And the real world would of course be destroyed.

What, it would be a good way to justify all of it's game-like elements.

I know, I know, it's basically the Matrix combined with Inception.
You need to read the book "The Three Stigmata's of Palmer Eldritch." It's written by the same guy (Phillip K. Dick) that wrote the stories behind the movies Bladerunner, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, and Total Recall. The guys work was also a huge influence to The Wachowski's who made the Matrix.

Because the premise you just summarized there fits very well with that book.