Your unique setting to a game.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Could always use my setting and premise for my current campaign:

Started off as a simple sort of Tolkienesque setting with swords and sorcery and a group of people who were trying to take control of Dragons....then unfortunately there is a time jump and the party find themselves in a post apocolyptic version of their world as dimensional barriers between time and space start to crack, Demons come out at night and an all powerful innevitable begins to chase down our party members. All the while, the party tries to figure out what the hell is going on and more importantly try to survive.

Actually, that's less a setting and more a tonal shift from Medieval fantasy to Dark fantasy horror ala Berserk with touches of Legacy of Kain.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Well since Irrational Games already full-filled my dream to have a game set with a floating city (no seriously, thaaaaaaank you Irrational)

I would like a game set on a planet with fast growing evolution, I don't know how, but I want a story revolving around a supernatural planet shrouded in mystery and constant change. The environment constantly changes (one second the planet is filled with snowy tundras, then scorching deserts, humid plush forests ect.), each change results in change of enemies: One second your fighting alien like animals, then later you fight creatures that seem like bi-pedal humans, then eventually get weapons, and sometimes revert back to animals.

To sum it up: A setting that would literally require you to adapt to survive EVERY situation it throws at you.

Satan

Dec 10, 2012
Maybe the one zero punctuation said where you play as an invisible person.
or A game where its set in a weapons testing facilty then there develping a weapon that burns down the facility and the fire turns into fire demons and you have to use experementl weapons to flood the facility before they escape and burn down evrything.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Not my ideas, but I'd love to see a game along the lines of Mount and Blade set in S.M. Stirling's Emberverse. Engineering knowhow of the turn of this millennium, but with the laws of physics changed... electricity and compressed gas (so by extension, explosions) simply don't work anymore.

So swords and crossbows, ballistae and trebuchet alongside hang gliders, horse-drawn car-chariots, post-apocalyptic junkmetal everything, and cannibals. Cannibals everywhere.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Alright, I do have a bit of a unique fantasy world. I call it Erys, 'cause it's a bit nuts.

Okay, you see that futuristic world where you have humand and meta-humans (like akin to Shadowrun with elves, dwarves, orcs, trolls, etc.) with magic and technology, living in harmony with one another? Well, that shit's exploding and we get some survival generations until the land cools down into a sort of natural paradise with some remnants of our previous technology intact, but not nearly as much as we had. It's alot of recovery where some knowledge has been lost and we have the only justifiable use of steampunk, recreating technology that we knew existed in the first place.

See those elves? They're scientists. Yes, they have some magic talent, some weapon talent, etc. But that's because they're very smart people, all with degrees in physics and genetics and so on. The more recent ones aren't as good, but the teachings get passed on, so they're the ones trying to pull us back to a better age, with science!

See those dwarves? Yes, they DO forge equipment, wear heavy armor, and use big weapons...BUT take off the armor and they leap around like acrobats due to highly-developed muscles. Strong too. They do the main steampunk, given all the metalworks, making alot of automated knights and things.

Orcs? Trolls? Not idiots. Tribal maybe, warrior class even. Oh, and I should point out that while there still will be evil orcs and trolls, we're equal-opportunity here. The other races will have their share of assholes. Anyway, the orcs and trolls live off the land, very at one with nature, still very territorial. Obviously, the trolls own alot of bridges and roads. The orcs actually match the elves and humans in nature magic.

Humans? Still the adept rogue of the world. Into anything, they are.

And Garlock The Destroyer! Yes, this world features the card-carrying evil badass lunatic mage, Garlock The Destroyer. NOBODY knows what the hell he is. He keeps it a secret. His powers? Nobody knows how he got them. His face? Nobody sees it. Hands, feet, and the rest of his body? All obscured. All means of identification are befuddled so that they cannot create a counter-measure specifically for him.

Crazy place, largely because of the people in it.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
A steam punk rpg focusing around airships in a post apocalyptic society featuring piloting, modifying of airships along with air combat missions.

[sub]yes I know that was a role-play post earlier this year, it was a damned good game idea[/sub]

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Post-Apocalyptic fantasy setting

As in take Middle Earth and blow it up, or Fallout with magic and elves.

I don't know, the idea always interested me; the vision of wandering destroyed magical cities worrying about other survivors or even the standard fantasy monsters just makes me pray that someone makes a game like that.